New England Patriots caught deflating game balls

FireChan

Tom Brady: "I don't assess the football (with a laugh and smile). I just grip the ball and throw it. It's simple I view the whole thing very simplistically" (I'm paraphrasing).

But wait Tom: you told us a while ago you are VERY deliberate with your ball preparation, you are super picky about how you like it, you know a precise legal PSI you prefer...and when you get the ball just how you want it pre-game....you put it in a bag and don't want anyone touching it!

Doesn't that imply you are VERY PICKY about the ball and have a GREAT DEAL OF TOUCH?

Tom: "I just grab it and throw it. I don't know."

This guy is a HORRID LIAR. IT'S FUNNY.

That may be the case, but it's also possible that no one is ever really checking the psi level in balls prior to games. That sounds more likely to me. That doesn't mean that he's not breaking rules; only that he may not be lying about this particular issue. I seriously doubt anyone is checking the PSI level in the 2 hours before a game starts.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah just listened on my way home. In one breath he can say he's very particular about the balls, his helmet, his pads, everything, but then he doesn't notice a 2 pound difference in the weight of a ball he touches every time he's on the field? Come on Tommy, that's weak as weak can be.

Mark Brunell compared a legal ball to the Patriot ball: "huge advantage, huge difference."

If there is no significant advantage, why does he do it?

Brunell is also a proven idiot, and I'd factor that in. I'd like to hear what some of smarter qbs say - Fitz and Manning, for instance.

Yeah just listened on my way home. In one breath he can say he's very particular about the balls, his helmet, his pads, everything, but then he doesn't notice a 2 pound difference in the weight of a ball he touches every time he's on the field? Come on Tommy, that's weak as weak can be.

Two pound difference in PRESSURE, not weight. Big difference. The ball weighs only about a pound.

"They also know how I like the balls, and I tell them 'great job' before the game." :lol: This double entendre is never getting old.

Was Brady mic'd up for the game? When players are mic'd up they have a dedicated camera that follows them throughout the pre-game and game... Could be some footage there...

WOW: "This isn't ISIS".

Coming soon.........................Tom Brady and the Terrorist Conspiracy !

Brunell is also a proven idiot, and I'd factor that in. I'd like to hear what some of smarter qbs say - Fitz and Manning, for instance.

Ive barely been following coverage, but even I have seen a number of ex-players and FO guys say that deflated footballs are a big advantage. They're easier to throw (for most QBs), they are easier to catch, and much easier to hold onto and not fumble. John Harbaugh was on ESPN right before Brady's PC and he said under-inflated footballs are an advantage. This part of the issue isnt really a debate.

Hard to believe, but when he was coming out of U-Dub, he was the smart one compared to Billy Joe Hobert.

LOL, and true! That said, I don't think Billy Joe invested his life savings in a pile of magic beans and end up bankrupt. (Perhaps he just blew it the old fashioned way.)

Edited by dave mcbride

Was Brady mic'd up for the game? When players are mic'd up they have a dedicated camera that follows them throughout the pre-game and game... Could be some footage there...

Thats a good question G.T.

Perhaps if the NFL EVER TALKS with Brady, they can find out ?