New England Patriots caught deflating game balls

FireChan

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, now you are comparing him to a guy who chopped up 2 people? Why bring OJ into this?

He explained exactly why and did not equate the transgressions. He compared the way in which the two perpetrators lied.....and it was REAL easy to understand.

That may be the case, but it's also possible that no one is ever really checking the psi level in balls prior to games. That sounds more likely to me. That doesn't mean that he's not breaking rules; only that he may not be lying about this particular issue. I seriously doubt anyone is checking the PSI level in the 2 hours before a game starts.

It's not that anyone is checking it or not during the game.

It's that if Tom was as deliberately picky about 3 or 4 different ball variables as described by him, he would notice a different feel to a ball during the game IMMEDIATELY. He made it out like he wouldn't, and in fact, didn't. That contradicts his earlier made statements, when he was being honest.

He said once he gets a ball "just right" he makes sure no one touches it. Why?

That implies he has a great deal of touch and feel for a football (of course he does; he's one of the best NFL QBs of all time).

So then to later say "it's no big deal, I don't really notice...I just grab a ball and throw" is just BS and patently lying.

Do you think Eric Clapton doesn't want his guitar "just so"? I'm a guitarist and can tell you for a fact he does. All great guitarists do.

They say Ted Williams was once given like 10 bats and one was 1/2 ounce out of synch with the others; Ted immediately identified it.

Tom Brady can probably immediately identify a 12 vs. 12.5 vs. 13 PSI football.

He said he doesn't really notice. That's just BS.

Ok, so let's give benefit of the doubt...

Coach didn't know.

QB didn't know.

None of the Patriots noticed.

Have they just always been playing with softer balls because someone up in the FO has been feeding them to the team?

There's really no logical way out of this at this point. The NFL is gonna have to do something. I still think they'll try to get the Seahawks to win, and the penalty will be light, and the story will be swept away as best as possible.

This,

I expect a few controversial calls next weekend

CBF

Coach didn't know.

QB didn't know.

Have they just always been playing with softer balls because someone up in the FO has been feeding them to the team?

There's really no logical way out of this at this point. The NFL is gonna have to do something. I still think they'll try to get the Seahawks to win, and the penalty will be light, and the story will be swept away as best as possible.

Well, the first to notice was a Colt linebacker...

...so by the same logic of "you smelled it first, you own it" that applies to farts, the Colts deflated the balls.

http://www.foxsports.com/nfl/video/aikman-on-deflategate-i-can-t-imagine-brady-wouldn-t-have-known-012115

Listen to the end. Troy Aikman "No one would have ever done anything with the game balls without checking with me first"

I hate Aikman MORE than Brady. As I said, it is akin to a player using PED's. Suspend him, just like they would suspend a Dallas Cowboy for PED's.

Coach didn't know.

QB didn't know.

That is the most fu$&ed up way to handle the situation. Therefore, it's probably a safe bet.

Ian Rapoport @RapSheet

Based on my knowledge of how investigations often go, it makes sense Tom Brady hasn’t been spoken to yet. He would be last.

While that is reasonable in theory, it's completely unbelievable, because they wouldn't spend a week developing this investigation, only to have him give a simple answer, even if it was I did it. They would ask him if he knows anything, he would say nope, and then they would start the investiagtion and get everything they needed before him being the last one they sat down with.

You wrote that, then immediately compared them!

Oh. My. Lord.

what if brady has an "off" game....

How awesome would it be if Tommy sprays wormburners all over the field during the SB because he's not used to a regulation ball :lol:

WEEI...putting this is the NFL's court.

"Pats playing from a position of strength..if they had any thing we would know by now"

Not talking to Brady means its prolly the officials fault...NFL cant stand Belichick..

Calling the calls on ESPN idiots...they think it's over.