New England Patriots caught deflating game balls

FireChan

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And this report comes out right before Tommy Foulmouth's PC.

If you don't believe everything today has been scripted in advance by the Patriots' (and maybe the NFL's) PR folks, I don't know what to tell you.

And this report comes out right before Tommy Foulmouth's PC.

If you don't believe everything today has been scripted in advance by the Patriots' (and maybe the NFL's) PR folks, I don't know what to tell you.

yup. leaks before. Report after probably before close of business.

very well played by the NFL and Pats

It will be forgotten by Tuesday

Edited by May Day 10

then people have to start boycotting the sport

but they won't and its business as usual

Goodell is a big problem, everything under his watch has gotten worse. Refs, player off field behavior, and scandals

then people have to start boycotting the sport

but they won't and its business as usual

Goodell is a big problem, everything under his watch has gotten worse. Refs, player off field behavior, and scandals

crises like this are what he does though and its been well handled. Itll go away and nobody will care by next week, yet everyone will watch

And a conveniently-timed article on how the Super Bowl balls will be handled by a neutral party. You know, like how they always are.

As per its custom, the NFL will follow a modified set of procedures to prepare game balls for Super Bowl XLIX. Established long before allegations of underinflated balls in the AFC Championship Game, the process includes independent equipment managers and ball attendants.

All designed so the casual fan will think "oh. they fixed the problem. moving on."

I haven't had time to read all of this, but the jist of it seems to be... That Brady got his team mates behind closed doors and told them he likes to handle supple balls.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/deflate-gate-report--11-of-patriots--12-game-footballs-were-under-inflated-043620937.html

That's not a report issued by the league. It's a speculative piece of journalism (I use that term very loosely) of the type that is largely responsible for crapfest we just witnessed these last several days. Heck, in the piece itself I quote "If the report is accurate, how were 11 balls under-inflated, each by a significant amount?"

ProFootballTalk @ProFootballTalk 23m23 minutes ago

Troy Aikman: Patriots punishment should exceed Saints bounty punishment http://wp.me/p14QSB-9GZP

"This whole comment by Roger Goodell based on the Saints when Sean Payton got suspended for the year, and he says ‘ignorance is no excuse,’ that’s going to come back to haunt him again,” Aikman said, via the Dallas Morning News. “That haunted him during the whole Ray Rice situation with he, himself, and now it’s going to haunt Roger Goodell in terms of what the punishment is for the New England Patriots and Bill Belichick. If ignorance is no excuse, and it wasn’t for Sean Payton. …[The Saints] did not give themselves a competitive advantage. Now twice, under Bill Belichick and possibly a third time, they’ve cheated and given themselves an advantage. To me, the punishment for the Patriots and/or Bill Belichick has to be more severe than what the punishment was for the New Orleans Saints.”

I wish that was bigger. Can barely see it.

Basically it shows that the league average since 2010 is 1 fumble per 105 offensive plays. New England in that same period is 1 fumble per 187 offensive plays. Tells me this is more than just Brady and INT's. Reducing the air pressure in the football is a sly way to grip the ball better and lessen fumbles. It's the Patriot way!!!

Brady's PC is now at 4:15 instead of 3:45. Guess Deflatriots aren't done ... ahem ... leaking.

Basically it shows that the league average since 2010 is 1 fumble per 105 offensive plays. New England in that same period is 1 fumble per 187 offensive plays. Tells me this is more than just Brady and INT's. Reducing the air pressure in the football is a sly way to grip the ball better and lessen fumbles. It's the Patriot way!!!

Is that league average for the rest of the league, or for the league including Deflatriots? Because if it includes them, then the average for the rest of the league is even worse than 1/105 plays.