New England Patriots caught deflating game balls

FireChan

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jason La Canfora @JasonLaCanfora 4m4 minutes ago

As NFL investigates Deflate-gate would be wise to speak to Ravens. Some there believe kicking balls used in their playoff game underinflated

0 replies 1 retweet 1 favorite
Jason La Canfora @JasonLaCanfora 4m4 minutes ago

There appeared to be less air in some kicking balls which may have had an impact on the depth of punts and kickoffs in AFC Divisional game

Edited by Reed83HOF

Again, referees are handling these balls, all game long, all season, and never noticed anything.

The Ravens kickers/centers had plenty of opportunity to handle the balls they used.

And I bet that given a choice, every QB would reject any proposal to not allow them to choose their own balls.

That the NFL doesn't control the footballs and instead has each team bring its own to the game is mind boggling. Can you imagine if MLB pitchers got to show up with their own baseballs to throw?

Seriously. How do you have a league and not standardize and watch for stuff like this? Mind-boggling.

Again, referees are handling these balls, all game long, all season, and never noticed anything.

The Ravens kickers/centers had plenty of opportunity to handle the balls they used.

And I bet that given a choice, every QB would reject any proposal to not allow them to choose their own balls.

Ravens centers handle the Ravens balls. Not the Pats.

That the NFL doesn't control the footballs and instead has each team bring its own to the game is mind boggling. Can you imagine if MLB pitchers got to show up with their own baseballs to throw?

Agree. Now if I wanted to use footballs inflated to under the 12.5PSI minimum, I'd simply inflate them pre-game to 12.5PSI indoors in a nice warm 75 degree room and when they sat outside for an hour or so in the 30 degree outdoor temps, I'd have a nice 10 PSI or so inflated ball and I haven't broken any rule.

Well as the turd says " if your going to play in the rain lets do it right"

His monkey threw it a lot better than luck all day long .. Luck must really suck that little whiny puss.

Somebody should put lying Brady's laugh on the radio up here as well. They are a team.

I just hope we don't forget their mindset is do whatever it takes it isn't like they won't cancel the douche bowl . Media day might actually be interesting .. Bring out the dpygate evidence and nail to that cross they carry around. Follow thru this time

I hope we have learned and never lose to these pricks if we have fake every play .

Papa. Hof and the rest My apologies for my obnoxiousness . I just want you to see them for who they are and give them absolutely no respect ever . They don't deserve it and like lance we have all had just about enough .

Agree. Now if I wanted to use footballs inflated to under the 12.5PSI minimum, I'd simply inflate them pre-game to 12.5PSI indoors in a nice warm 75 degree room and when they sat outside for an hour or so in the 30 degree outdoor temps, I'd have a nice 10 PSI or so inflated ball and I haven't broken any rule.

Yeah, but it's a trade-off. A more inflated ball will travel straighter, and farther.

The reason they haven't made a big deal out of it, is because it isn't a big deal.

if true....11 of 12 under inflated balls by 2 psi (16% difference) is very damning.

pretty simple fix.

league provides balls and league personnel supervise balls at all times.

Pats lose first & second round picks in 2015 & 2016. Salary cap reduced by 16%

Edited by papazoid

Adam Caplan @caplannfl 4m4 minutes ago

Spoke to a former NFL QB today during late Senior Bowl practice today about this issue.

Adam Caplan @caplannfl 3m3 minutes ago

Essentially, it's much easier to grip ball in wet or colder weather with even slight deflation.

Adam Caplan @caplannfl 43s43 seconds ago

And this former QB specifically said how much he hated throwing ball in wet weather, much tougher to grip.

0 replies 0 retweets 0 favorites

How did the refs who handle the ball every play not notice they were deflated? Are they that clueless or did they simply ignore what should hv been obvious to all of them?

Night before the game at Krafts party

post-1532-14218151786753_thumb.jpg

As a side note it looks like Rog went pee pee in his pants

Edited by FluffHead

if true....11 of 12 under inflated balls by 2 psi (16% difference) is very damning.

pretty simple fix.

league provides balls and league personnel supervise balls at all times.

Pats lose first & second round picks in 2015 & 2016. Salary cap reduced by 16%

this is a very big deal.....i'm expecting unprecedented penalties.

Yes, everyone hates the Pats and it's a conspiracy. ESPN can't stand the Patriots.

I didn't allude to anything like that, I hate the Pats, and know full well they get the benefit of many calls.

I only stated that Jerry Rice doesn't want the Pats to be held higher than his 49ers. YOu think that's not true?

Coach thrown out a year, no Superbowl (coach), Loose 1 round pick, 1,000,000.00 Team fine. If caught again for any rules violation lifetime ban for the Cheater Coach.

Time to send a message NFL... Do you have the Guts to uphold your own rules?

It's really getting embarrassing for the NFL now, it should be.

Edited by gordong

Coach thrown out a year, no Superbowl (coach), Loose 1 round pick, 1,000,000.00 Team fine. If caught again for any rules violation lifetime ban for the Cheater Coach.

Time to send a message NFL... Do you have the Guts to uphold your own rules?

It's really getting embarrassing for the NFL now, it should be.

Lose a draft pick, some fines

. New procedure to keep tabs on ball inflation. Done.