New England Patriots caught deflating game balls

FireChan

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Watching that game and with no previous knowledge at the time, that the Aints had bounty's.It is pretty clear they were out and specifically targeted Brett Favre and tried to hurt him. it worked! That superbowl that followed should also have an asterisk. Using a broad term of the definition. That Team cheated.

It's not cheating to try and hurt the opposing QB is it? I've seen 2014 Bills D hit QBs harder in 1 quarter then that entire Saints Vikings game. Favre took a beating but no cheating went on .

The latent pettiness among some Bills fans, is perfectly matched to Belichick's own pettiness.

None of this is gonna cure 15 years of bad Bills teams.

What does the last 15 years have to do with the PATS cheating????????????????

What's so hard to understand, They got caught cheating in 2007, they got caught cheating again last weekend, it's called a pattern. It has NOTHING to do with the bills, Go look on ABCNEWS, it the lead story, why?

BECAUSE THEY GOT CAUGHT CHEATING.......AGAIN, FOR THE 2ND TIME.

it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out if they have been caught once, and caught again 8 years later they are probably cheating elsewhere.

Rex may never get another shot at Belichick if the NFL acts properly. I can see Belichick retiring if suspended.

They can't suspend him next season because everyone will say, "Why didn't you suspend him for the Super Bowl?"

And they're not suspending him for the Super Bowl. I don't think any punishment they make will affect the Super Bowl.

I do think the Bills draft pick at #50 overall will become #49 overall.

They can't suspend him next season because everyone will say, "Why didn't you suspend him for the Super Bowl?"

And they're not suspending him for the Super Bowl. I don't think any punishment they make will affect the Super Bowl.

I do think the Bills draft pick at #50 overall will become #49 overall.

I think it all depends on what is found out.

I dont want him suspended for the Super Bowl....not fair to the Seahawks(and i hate the seahawks). Most of game plan etc is most likely done, suspending him for game day does not seem to be that much of a punishment for me.

Also, why is Billy boy the only one under suspicion here...seems to me Brady had the most to gain...what if it is found out Brady had the ball boys deflate the balls, and Billy did not know of it.

Upon reflection, I think the best punishment is: not only take all their cheater toys away, but let every team in the league, for the next four years, do unto them what they have done unto the league. Tape their defensive signals, have extra radios in the helmets, manipulate equipment and ignore rules however they need to for an advantage, demand and get flags when things don't go their way. Let them have a taste of their own medicine.

And strip all their first round picks for those years, so when they have back-to-back-to-back-to-back 2-14 seasons they still only get the 32nd pick in the draft.

Even George RR Martin, of Game of Thrones fame, is chiming in:

But the aftermath is proving much more intriguing than the game itself. What do you know? It turns out Evil Little Bill and his Patriots were cheating. Again. The New England Deflatriots.
When the news first broke that the Patriots had illegally deflated their footballs, I shrugged it off, like most of the country. Probably nothing to it, I figured. They were so much the better team and they crushed the Colts so completely, why would they need to fiddle with the balls? But with every passing day, this begins to look more serious. Now the NFL is reporting that 11 of the 12 Patriot balls were under-inflated, so it definitely looks deliberate. Was Evil Little Bill involved? Was Tom Brady? (Brady had to have known. The Colt defensive back who intercepted a Brady pass knew at once, the moment he caught the ball, and Brady handles the ball on every offensive play). What will the NFL do?
Much as I like to root against them, I would never deny that the Patriots have been a great team under Kraft and Belichick. They had one of the greatest QBs in the history of the game, they have one of the greatest defensive coaches of all time, they draft well, they manage free agency and the salary cap well, they win and win and win. In light of all that, you really have to wonder why they feel the need to cheat. "Deflategate" marks the second time they have been caught at it, Spygate being the first. Which has to make one wonder -- how many times have they gotten away with stuff without being caught? Even when the Patriots aren't crossing the lines, they are dancing right along the edge, as with the "substitution trick" they played against the Ravens. Everyone in the NFL wants to win, sure... but win within the rules, please. This seeming need to win at all costs, even if it means cheating, seems almost pathological. And I don't believe for a moment that Evil Little Bill knew nothing.

It's not cheating to try and hurt the opposing QB is it? I've seen 2014 Bills D hit QBs harder in 1 quarter then that entire Saints Vikings game. Favre took a beating but no cheating went on .

It IMO it is cheating if the DC puts a bounty on heads.Like he did. Hard fought football games and going after the QB hard is what makes the game interesting. The Aint's didn't play that way according to the NFL commissioner. I guess we both have different recollections of that game.

What does the last 15 years have to do with the PATS cheating????????????????

What's so hard to understand, They got caught cheating in 2007, they got caught cheating again last weekend, it's called a pattern. It has NOTHING to do with the bills, Go look on ABCNEWS, it the lead story, why?

BECAUSE THEY GOT CAUGHT CHEATING.......AGAIN, FOR THE 2ND TIME.

it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out if they have been caught once, and caught again 8 years later they are probably cheating elsewhere.

Yep. I am confident they have been cheating the entire time. Spygate was a speed bump.

The latent pettiness among some Bills fans, is perfectly matched to Belichick's own pettiness.

None of this is gonna cure 15 years of bad Bills teams.

I bet the Ravens are PO'd. How certain are you that the Pats*** didnt cheat in that game??? It was a 3 point game after all.