Marrone hired as Jags OL coach

YoloinOhio

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

nice on a resume, but i believe as AHC he needs permission to interview for HC gigs. maybe? seems like i remember that talk with our own guys a good bit back. rule may even have changed since, but having HC in the title made it a lateral move

thats what i was thinking at first, but still think HC jobs he could move..but could be wrong. I still think it was just a bone being thrown.

I would think this is just the Bills way of saying F/U to Marrone...yoiu idiot.

I doubt the Jets have anything on their website about Rex being hired or the Broncos have Fox being hired...this is just pure sarcastic loveliness...atta boy Bills!

So if the OL coach can have the "Ass't HC" title, what do you think the offensive coordinator is going to ask for? And does this mean he outranks the OC? I can only imagine how that will go with the new OC. "Doug, here's the game plan, we'll need the line to do this and this." "Uh yeah we'll get right on that."

Some of us predicted his next gig would be as an OL Coach.

His resume as an OC is pretty weak. He was OC in name only at NO and neither developed the scheme nor called the plays. His offense in Buffalo sucked. That experience doesn't recommend him as an OC.

His resume to be a HC is actually stronger than his resume to be an OC. He did achieve a winning record his 2nd season. Then again, he more or less quit on the team and apparently didn't get along with the FO. So what FO would want him as a HC?

So here he is as an OL coach. Too funny, but not unexpected.

Wonder if the jags purposely put the AHC title in there so he wouldn't be able to bolt. Now, in effect, the Jags will be able to gain compensation for or totally block any lateral move. It's actually like a leash and collar around his neck.

Yeah, wouldn't want to lose Doug Marrone! :lol:

btw- wonder if/when owners block some of these hires...sort of a form of nepotism...I am sure Ralph would have been on it!