bills could play opening Thursday night in Foxborough?

Gotta love the Debbie Downer Bills fans who call the team irrelevant. A couple of seasons ago, yes, but now there are plenty of angles that make the Bills a good draw going into 2015 -- 9-7 record last year, Rex as HC, long playoff drought, Polian into HoF, fantastic defense, Pegulas, Kelly's good health, Talley story...announcers have a ton of things to talk about that a national audience would find interesting.

In my opinion.

And, possibly, Pats former player Revis now a Bill.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gotta love the Debbie Downer Bills fans who call the team irrelevant. A couple of seasons ago, yes, but now there are plenty of angles that make the Bills a good draw going into 2015 -- 9-7 record last year, Rex as HC, long playoff drought, Polian into HoF, fantastic defense, Pegulas, Kelly's good health, Talley story...announcers have a ton of things to talk about that a national audience would find interesting.

In my opinion.

Totally what I was thinking, I mean, c'mon, just having Rex and his quotes are a field day by themselves. I think we've got a great shot at it.

I disagree for 2 reasons.

I disagree for 2 reasons

history has shown the Pats can beat the Bills by a wide margin and the NFL wont want that to start the season

Each team plays 1 Thursday game and then NFL will want to hype the "homecoming" of Rex ryan to NY to play the Jets, this would be a better storyline for a Thursday game

A lot of you guys are acting like it matters who the Pats play as far as ratings go. Opening game of the season, SB champs, they could be playing anyone and the ratings are going to be sky high.

Bingo. It's the first game of the season. The media will love the Rex v. Belichick angle. The more I think about this the more I believe the Bills are the frontrunners for this game.

In my opinion.

joe in st louis doesnt want to see the super bowl champ against a team a decade plus removed from the playoffs as a story line. any team you can find a handful of talking points about. its about big personalities, big rivalries, big cities, big national followings and big playoff implications. we are kind of middle of the pack with that.

A lot of you guys are acting like it matters who the Pats play as far as ratings go. Opening game of the season, SB champs, they could be playing anyone and the ratings are going to be sky high.

NBC doesnt just want them high, they want them record breaking high - as high as possible.

NBC doesnt just want them high, they want them record breaking high - as high as possible.

I know what you are saying, but I'm of the opinion that after such a long lay-off from "real" football, them playing Pitt or them playing Buffalo is not going to matter. The same people are going to watch either way. I mean hell, it's not like we are the Jags.

joe in st louis doesnt want to see the super bowl champ against a team a decade plus removed from the playoffs as a story line. any team you can find a handful of talking points about. its about big personalities, big rivalries, big cities, big national followings and big playoff implications. we are kind of middle of the pack with that.

There isn't a bigger personality than Rex, and the rivalry between he and Belichick is of huge national (or at a minimum, East Coast) interest. Big playoff implications? It's the first week of the season.

You think Jets fans don't want to see Rex? 75% of them still want him as their coach and the other 25% want to see him crash and burn. NYC is a huge market.

I still think we're the frontrunner.

I'd love Rex to have all summer to plan specifically for Pats. It could really start the season with a confidence booster. The national expsoure would be great. And the Pats have not played well in the early parts of the seasons in a while.

I disagree for 2 reasons.

I disagree for 2 reasons

history has shown the Pats can beat the Bills by a wide margin and the NFL wont want that to start the season

Each team plays 1 Thursday game and then NFL will want to hype the "homecoming" of Rex ryan to NY to play the Jets, this would be a better storyline for a Thursday game

Actually, we've opened the season against NE 3 times in the last 9 years and played them right down to the wire with defenses that were no where near as good as our current D:

2006: Pats 19 Bills 17 in Foxborough

2009: Pats 25 Bills 24 also in Foxborough

2013: Pats 23 Bills 21 we actually did have a good defense this year

There isn't a bigger personality than Rex, and the rivalry between he and Belichick is of huge national (or at a minimum, East Coast) interest. Big playoff implications? It's the first week of the season.

You think Jets fans don't want to see Rex? 75% of them still want him as their coach and the other 25% want to see him crash and burn. NYC is a huge market.

I still think we're the frontrunner.

i think the eagles and steelers hook more, but 3 is still a spot that could end up there depending on how the schedule falls for everybody.

In my opinion.

Literally no one cares about any of that stuff outside of Buffalo. When we make the playoffs a couple times in a handful of years, we'll be relevant. That's just how it goes.

Not sure when the last time they had Divisional games open season. I think it is usually conf games last two have been GB @ Sea and then Bal @ Den as Ravens couldn't open at home do to an O's game in Balt that Thur night. So I would say it is most likely Pittsburgh.