Marrone interviewing in Denver

YoloinOhio

Elway is to smart to hire Marrone....really wondering what the interview is all about other than padding the interview list length. Marrone has shortcomings that are obvious......including quitting on his owner. I am thinking nobody really wants him then. Mullarky quit a decade ago, and has never been a HC again. He has progressed back to the coordinator level though......I have currently lost track of him, but think he is still in the league.

i think he was HC in Jax for a year and then fired when the new GM came in. Not sure where he is now... Tennessee maybe?

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Obviously it would have been better for Marrone and Sexton if he advised his client to stay in Buffalo....

I think Marrone had a job in NY, and Sexton knew it and arranged it, but didnt know that Marrone was going to screw it all up by badmouthing the Bills, which set off a chain of events that killed the NY job. That's not Sexton's fault.

I think Marrone had a job in NY, and Sexton knew it and arranged it, but didnt know that Marrone was going to screw it all up by badmouthing the Bills, which set off a chain of events that killed the NY job. That's not Sexton's fault.

I think that there is some truth to this.

That's really just about the only thing that makes any sense in all of this...

Think about it. You're Saint Doug -- the greatest coach since Lombardi -- and if you coach the way you know you can coach for two more years in Buffalo you'll either get a huge extension or have your pick of jobs. The only reason you opt out is if you already have another job lined up. You don't opt out because you and the GM disagree on personnel -- you have a rich new owner and can apparently call him whenever you want.

Marrone will come in with his presentation and will start by telling Elway his vision for the team and his plan for the defense as well as offense.

Elway will then politely interrupt and say “I’m sorry, this interview is for our OL coach opening”

CBF

Elway will say, "Hey baffoon, the interview for mascots is across the room, get outta here, I'm Elway"

Wonder what he says to these owners when asked what happened in Buffalo. Also wonder if he takes credit for the D. Last interview I heard was on WGR with Sal, he said he helps create the defensive game plan each week. I honestly can't believe him.

Why do people have such a hard time seeing this. He took his option out as was stipulated in his contract. Nothing underhanded there. He had the option in case things didn't work out with the new ownership. Things didn't work out. Case closed. There are several things he will have to come up with creative answers to, but this is not one of them.

Why do people have such a hard time seeing this. He took his option out as was stipulated in his contract. Nothing underhanded there. He had the option in case things didn't work out with the new ownership. Things didn't work out. Case closed. There are several things he will have to come up with creative answers to, but this is not one of them.

Just that he had the option isn't a good enough reason, especially when pressed about why. Plus asked about his strained relationship with Doug. There are now a few different reports that he bombed the interview (and one I have seen that he did excellent). But they didn't hire him, and he was the heavy favorite. He has to be clever about it because he can't say he demanded more power or more money for his assistants, after they weren't good. You can't tell your new prospective owner that.