Marrone interviewing in Denver

YoloinOhio

There are plenty of examples of long shots coming out of nowhere to win at the interview. Happens all the time. Mike Tomlin, Jim Zorn, John Harbaugh was not even a coordinator, Mike Pettine, Mark Trestman was out of the NFL for years. That St. Doug calculated he had no shot just further shows his insecurity.

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Oh yes. I do love, though, how random posters on an anonymous forum like this assume they have an inkling as to how Marrone is operating, and why. You know, b/c they are all making $4 million a year too and understand power politics at high corporate levels.....not.

I'm not defending Marrone in any way, but I assume there is a good reason why this interview was cancelled.

901209001418784850.gif

This brings back the weird episode that Pegula recounted the first time he met Marrone, when Marrone cut short their meeting because he had to go coach a team. Seemed a bizarre move to me at the time, and it explains a lot more in retrospect.

I feel sorry for marroon now.

Nope. i'm kidding.

I feel sorry for marroon now.

Nope. i'm kidding.

Honestly just think about how he left. All the people and players that he let down and the way he let people know that he was leaving. Sure he has $4M (less taxes and agent fees) to tie him over, but getting another HC gig and getting good people to trust him and join his staff will be tough. I'm sure Schwartz isnt that happy with him.

The irony of all ironies. How did marrone lead this team to 9 wins when they probably hated his guys.

I believe that they liked him up until he quit on them. The way he left, not looking people in the eye really rubbed them the wrong way, especially with all the team and we are in this together mantra. Packing up your $4m and group texting the players is about as lame as anyone can be. It will be hard for him to gain the trust of players from now on wherever he ends up.