Rex Ryan Press Conference

moshermw

Wow, good thing Rex isn't starting a cult because the kool-aid would be gone already.

I'll wait until they prove it on the field. Too bad a press conference doesn't go in our 2015 win column.

Also, I don't think we want to see a QB who has had 3 knee injuries already run more. Escaping the pocket/scrambling is one thing, but don't run him into LBs.

• Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Sanchez is a free agent I think, and I highly doubt that Rex will want him.

I think technically until the new league year starts , he is not a free agent yet. Like i said, minor minor point, but when he said they would"consider Mark" someone"florio" , will jump start the tampering crap

The other dig at Saint Doug, whether it was intentional or not, was he was talking about are we going to be a power running team, and he said "Yes, we are, but we're going to pass, too. We have Sammy Watkins! Who wouldn't pass the ball to Sammy Watkins?!"

Sammy's going to get the ball. Rex's son plays for Clemson and is good friends with Watkins.

That was meant to be a total diss of Doug Marrone. Sammy is going to get a lot of balls thrown at him this year! That first game agains the Pats when he was thrown to three times made me sick and was the game I officially wanted Marrone gone.

I think technically until the new league year starts , he is not a free agent yet. Like i said, minor minor point, but when he said they would"consider Mark" someone"florio" , will jump start the tampering crap

Costello, the Jets reporter, was already trying it on Twitter. NYC loves its drama.

He is not free to negotiate yet, but his contract is up, and over, and he is not getting paid anymore. You can't negotiate with there guys but I would imagine you can talk about them if someone asks you about them. Not sure about that. The NFL probably discourages it, and the Eagles have a window now to negotiate with him to re-sign. But I doubt it's tampering.

In his defense, he's a columnist not a reporter, so he gets a little leeway on the "sources." However, you're right on the money about the phrasing "other people say" - it shows me he doesn't have the stomach to stand by his own theories rather than put his name on it. He also acted like a child on twitter with the nightmare and crying jokes.

I get its supposed to be about the head coach, but if you as a reporter complain the guy is never available, here's your shot. They asked about the front office shuffle (albeit in a milquetoast way) - what's wrong with asking this here? I don't want to hear these guys complain about this anymore if they're not going to ask the hard questions when they get a chance.

And on the Marrone extension/no extension debate, we've argued it to death here but I haven't heard the media vet that one at all. Yes, Pegs would probably sidestep both the extension and Polian questions, but how he acts and how he answers those questions might give a little more insight. I'm just frustrated we seem to have such a week media around these parts.

I don't think it was the place to ask about Marrone, but I am surprised no one followed up on the Polian "Blown out of proportion" comment.

Thank you Saint Doug for making today possible.

As for Sully, I love it when someone comes up with the excuse that he is a "columnist" to defend him. There are a lot of great columnists. Sully is not one of them. He basically writes the same article every time. He is lazy and pushes his own Debbie Downer narrative against whomever or whatever he is writing about.

As for Sanchez, didn't a reporter bring him up in a question? It is not like Rex injected his name into the conversation.

Costello, the Jets reporter, was already trying it on Twitter. NYC loves its drama.

So went to his twitter to see what he said, and this was on there.

Sorry, dont know how to link to twitter like 26 and yolo

Dennis Thurman, Bobby April, Jeff Weeks, Tim McDobald, Karl Dunbar, Tony Sparano Jr. all here

That was in reference to attendance at Rex PC

Aprils name surprises me, thought was on here Crossman was staying. But i am okay if Bobby comes back

Edited by plenzmd1

Most important comment of the PC in my opinion.

It wasn't so much what he he said, but how he said it and the context.

It suggested to me that they are thinking "EJ ain't the guy...we need to find someone better."

EJ ain't the guy. We need to find someone better.

The good news may be that they are just going back to Pettine scheme, which they already know....

Regarding this, although I would sill love to have Jerry Hughes on the team, doesn't that scheme make it easier for us if he ends up leaving given our strength at linebacker - especially with Kiko coming back?

So went to his twitter to see what he said, and this was on there.

Sorry, dont know how to link to twitter like 26 and yolo

Dennis Thurman, Bobby April, Jeff Weeks, Tim McDobald, Karl Dunbar, Tony Sparano Jr. all here

That was in reference to attendance at Rex PC

Aprils name surprises me, thought was on here Crossman was staying. But i am okay if Bobby comes back

Bobby April III, who is a different person than our old special teams coach. Was an offensive assistant for the Jets last year.

Yup. As soon as someone says "Kool Aid" I know to disregard most of what they say. It's the most tired, uncreative, oft-misused trope.

I'm with you on the straight up Kool Aid references, but what about if someone said "Rock-a-Dile Red flavored Urine?"

Edited by transient

I personally disagree - this was about Rex, not Pegula and plans that were supposedly in the works before Marrone left.

I get this is one of the few times they actually have face time with Terry, but start rocking the boat and it might be the LAST time you get face time with him.

I guess the other problem for me personally is that, it didn't happen, so I don't really care now. Its done and over, on the next. But again, that's just me :D

I guess we'll have to agree to disagree then. Looking back on my OP, I agree asking about analytics would be stupid, especially since its been asked at numerous pressers and you get the same proprietary answer. I get your view that "what's done is done - move on," but I think the extension/no extension and polian questions need to be asked. We're talking about an owner that was potentially replacing his top two key personnel and then doing a 180. That shows me and many others on here that it may still happen in the near future.

On "rocking the boat," are you saying reporters shouldn't be asking uncomfortable questions? That's their job. Yes, this is a presser announcing our new head coach, but if the media only asks questions pertaining to hiring a new coach, they might as well go work for Scott Berchold. It's my understanding that Terry shuns interviews, so its not like anybody would be frozen out on a one-on-one that's not gonna happen anyways. If these guys are scared of losing access, they need to find another line of work.

John Fox cannot be held responsible for two things:

Manning's unfortunate injury this season, or the likelihood that Peyton & his teammates took the Seattle Seahawks lightly before the Super Bowl last year.

That is a coaches job to prevent this from happening