Pegulas, Rex, Whaley = Big Splashes Commeth

In a nanosecond. Restructures are most often way better for the player with zero sacrifice. It's like your boss coming up to you and saying "Hey, would it be okay if we gave you most of your yearly salary now instead of when it's due? You get the same amount, you don't lose a penny, we just want to give it to you in cash now. Would that be okay with you?"

Yeah, and we'll add on two more years to your contract. Would that be something you're interested in?

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Came on at like 2 am Saturday night and told everyone Rex/Roman was coming.

Think "NeverGiveUp"

Search for him and read his posts, interesting stuff.

Mind-blowing plan for QB here we come! Viva Leroi!

Leroi was the poster who only has about as many posts as I have, but was the first one to break the Rex 2nd interview news Saturday night

Whoever he is he was absolutely in the know. He nailed everything correctly, when all of the national media had Rex going to Atlanta and Trestman as his OC. When the board went after him, me included, and asked for a link to his info, he said it came in a text from Whaley to him ( he later edited out that statement).

Then he posted this:

"This is just the tip of the iceberg.

The things I am hearing will literally blow your mind. (QB situation,Free Agency,'draft) it's all really amazing.

Are you prepared for the Pegula Bills?

Reborn...

Imo"

That, more than any national talking head speculation, has me very excited for the off-season.

Thx fellas :thumbsup:

Whaley was taught by his Steelers mentor Bill Nunn(?) that if you believe in something, like a big splash, do it and never look back. It played a huge role in the Watkins trade and he immediately referred to it after the trade.

The Pegulas are down to earth people with 4 billion dollars and obviously like the big splashes.

On cannonball ability alone, Rex Ryan loves the big splash.

Another one could be coming this off season.

And if not, we can expect them as a regularity IMO during this tenure.

Granted, splashing big just to splash big is a terrible philosophy. So that is not a good idea. But I loved the first Whaley splash. I like the Rex hire splash.

Let's go get some snacks!!!

splash to splash is great when it works

I think the bills ought to put marrone's name on the wall of fame, for making this all happen. Thank you, dougie!!

Let's not forget Orton

Lol at your capology. Levitre got 8.5 million, but iupati will only get 5.5

What do we need pernell for? And he will command much more. Thomas is an elite TE and will be paid accordingly. Pie in the sky

Paul Kruger average salary is $8 mil/ year as a 3/4 OLB... do you think Pernell McPhee is as hot of a commodity as Kruger was?

Jimmy Graham average salary is $10 mil/year.... do you think Julius Thomas is as good/better than Jimmy Graham? I think Peyton Manning makes any TE look good (see Dallas Clark).

Levitre was way overpaid by a desperate team. Perhaps I'm a little low on Mike Iupati ( Marshal Yanda... arguably the best Guard in football average salary is $6.4 million/year)

________ _____

Let's say I'm $5 million off on these players... That still leaves the Bills with $3 mil in cap space in my scenario. They could cut Urbik or Chris Williams if they needed a little more cap room to sign draft picks... fill in gaps with lower tier free agents. Perhaps Mario would restructure to free up some space as well?

My point is there is room to pick up several elite players .. one can disagree on who they should be.. but there is cap room

Edited by Bocephuz

Paul Kruger average salary is $8 mil/ year as a 3/4 OLB... do you think Pernell McPhee is as hot of a commodity as Kruger was?

Jimmy Graham average salary is $10 mil/year.... do you think Julius Thomas is as good/better than Jimmy Graham? I think Peyton Manning makes any TE look good (see Dallas Clark).

Levitre was way overpaid by a desperate team. Perhaps I'm a little low on Mike Iupati ( Marshal Yanda... arguably the best Guard in football average salary is $6.4 million/year)

________ _____

Let's say I'm $5 million off on these players... That still leaves the Bills with $3 mil in cap space in my scenario. They could cut Urbik or Chris Williams if they needed a little more cap room to sign draft picks... fill in gaps with lower tier free agents. Perhaps Mario would restructure to free up some space as well?

My point is there is room to pick up several elite players .. one can disagree on who they should be.. but there is cap room

You're a big name free agent. Buffalo calls your agent to see if you will come for an interview, the thought crosses your head... Buffalo?

Last year at this time, Ralph is alive and 91, Russ Brandon is defacto owner. Rumors swirl of LA or Toronto. Doug Whaley is GM. Doug Marrone is coach. Marrone and hackett run the offense. Overdork holds the purse strings.

Hmmm...

This time around. The Pegulas just plopped down 1.4billion for the team. It ain't leaving for a century. Doug Whaley is still the GM. Rex Ryan is the coach. Greg Roman runs the offense. Money is not only no object, it can't wait to leave the door.

Hmmm...

A big splash is in the works. A few things have to go right for the puzzle to come together.

Reborn...

As one who doubted you once, no more! I'm all in. Please share what you can and we'll try to be patient! Any hint that the splash includes the letters qb? Oh, and say hi to Never Give Up for us. You guys must have a secret club where you all hang out!

Speaking of leroi, maybe he's the new cab driver. Pegula is big on tradition. I'd absolutely love for Berman to spoil the draft pick with a cab driver reference at the next draft. That would be very subtle to non bills fans, but absolutely EPIC for us.

A big splash is in the works. A few things have to go right for the puzzle to come together.

Reborn...

You may not fully appreciate how excited I am reading this. I wish I knew what you are referring to.

Reborn...

Leroi, boy, is that you?

I thought your post-hangin' days were through

Sunk-in eyes and full of sighs

Tell no lies

You get wise

I tell you now, we're gonna pull you through

There's only one thing left that we can do

We gotta get you a woman

It's like nothin' else to make you feel sure you're alive

We gotta get you a woman