NEW HEAD COACH: Rex Ryan! It's Official!

KDIGGZ

I'm guessing Rex walked in and told the Pegs something like this..."You get me a QB and a couple O-linemen and I will toppled the Pats regime with this roster straight towards a SB victory..."

Rex has never shied away from a bold statement...Whatever he said it obviously worked...

I really don't know what to think about this whole deal...He obviously worked with a terrible Front Office at times in NY...He definitely had more success vs the Pat then the Bills did...He's a celebrity in his own right...And his players love the guy...He's a real entertaining dude and he's going to bring an attitude we have not had here...well...ever...

On the flip side I'm hoping Rex leaned a lot from his stint in NY...The Offense was his downfall in NY and it's not much better here...The Bills need a massive improvement in Offensive game planning...They have talent on that side of the ball but unquestionably need more...Now...I'm uncertain how much input Rex had (I'm guessing it was quite a bit), but while his Offense was dying in NY the Jets continued to use 1st round Draft pick after 1st round Draft pick on the Defensive side of the ball...In fact Sanchez was the last Jets 1st round pick on the Offensive side way back in 2009...Those Defensive players ended up being pretty good for the most part...But the Offense just died...It was talent-less, boring, and a turnover machine...Rex has to figure out something better on the Offensive side, and granted Whaley has to help him...But I'm worried about it...

I'm not worried about the entertainment that is coming to Buffalo...Good grief...Sexy Rexy is is the Buffalo Bills HC...Well...With one quick move the Pegs have shown this is not your Grandfathers Buffalo Bills any more... B-)

• Replies 883
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No one knows if this hire will work, but for the first time the Bills targeted a top name coach and landed him. That fact alone should make us all happy. The days of settling and hoping for the best are over.

+1 - hope we keep The Schwartz and promote him to AHC. Switch to 3-4 is not the way to go... Hope Rex can bring some people on board that can coach up young OLmen and do a better job identifying OL talent.

I agree with all who think this is a good hire or at least pegula making lemonade from the lemon maroon with very little notice. At least free agent guards and someone like Bradford would probably feel more at ease with a bigger name coach with at least a couple years of stability ..

If any personality can kick cutler in his whiny ass and motivate home to perform it is a guy like Rex and roman unlike soft spoken trestman .. Not sure what their next move is but it looks like these are all part of a bigger picture and even a plan . I am willing to wait and see and I also like that Whaley is in place to keep all this honest as it is everyone's asz on the line and pegs has the hindsight of the sabre ecperiment to draw from

Best of all .. Even if he isn't the brightest sports owner he definitely cares like all of us and his ego seems able to take good advice which makes him light years ahead of Snyder and jerry a hole I'm not a pegs fan but I'm coming around .

I can't tell you how much I love this hire. Also, are people aware that despite having no credible cornerbacks, the Jets finished 6th in defense this season (yardage)? They gave up a lot of points, but their offensive ineptitude had something to do with that.

I'm with you dude. We now have one of the best coaching staffs in the NFL. Two weeks ago we definitely did not.

I'm guessing Rex walked in and told the Pegs something like this..."You get me a QB and a couple O-linemen and I will toppled the Pats regime with this roster straight towards a SB victory..."

Rex has never shied away from a bold statement...Whatever he said it obviously worked...

I really don't know what to think about this whole deal...He obviously worked with a terrible Front Office at times in NY...He definitely had more success vs the Pat then the Bills did...He's a celebrity in his own right...And his players love the guy...He's a real entertaining dude and he's going to bring an attitude we have not had here...well...ever...

On the flip side I'm hoping Rex leaned a lot from his stint in NY...The Offense was his downfall in NY and it's not much better here...The Bills need a massive improvement in Offensive game planning...They have talent on that side of the ball but unquestionably need more...Now...I'm uncertain how much input Rex had (I'm guessing it was quite a bit), but while his Offense was dying in NY the Jets continued to use 1st round Draft pick after 1st round Draft pick on the Defensive side of the ball...In fact Sanchez was the last Jets 1st round pick on the Offensive side way back in 2009...Those Defensive players ended up being pretty good for the most part...But the Offense just died...It was talent-less, boring, and a turnover machine...Rex has to figure out something better on the Offensive side, and granted Whaley has to help him...But I'm worried about it...

I'm not worried about the entertainment that is coming to Buffalo...Good grief...Sexy Rexy is is the Buffalo Bills HC...Well...With one quick move the Pegs have shown this is not your Grandfathers Buffalo Bills any more... B-)

he is a free agent...

The thing that bothers me the most is we have a really talented team that was likely going to make the playoffs next year anyway. Now this worthless sack of crap is gonna get credit for it.

Can't wait to hear this fat POS run his mouth off all the time.

Sorry, but he's not a Buffalo type of guy who's humble with working class roots/mentality. He's a "I'm better than everyone else" type of guy.

m

Yeah, the humble soft spoken guys have gotten us REAL far.

!@#$ it. If he's loud, obnoxious, etc and gets us deep in the playoffs that's all we should care about.

I honestly can't believe some of you can complain about this hire. We have a real NFL head coach who will help attract players and has taken teams to the AFC championship game.

Kubiak still doing well.

Who else had Rex at the top? It's not a coup if you hire an unemployed coach.

Pretty much everyone. The overwhelming narrative was that the Falcons was the best job and that Ryan was the clear favorite.

We don't know what happened with Falcons because of Arthur Blank this week. I thoroughly believe that Ryan just loved hanging out with the Pegulas and then them telling him they'll meet his contract demands and they will pay for anything he wants.

I can't tell you how much I love this hire. Also, are people aware that despite having no credible cornerbacks, the Jets finished 6th in defense this season (yardage)? They gave up a lot of points, but their offensive ineptitude had something to do with that.

Yet the Bills are all set on Defense and suffer from offensive ineptitude.

What do you love?

For a team that hasn't been to the playoffs in 15 years, you make it sound awfully assumed that we're in the playoffs no matter what for the next two years.

Can i have some of what you're smoking?

Well, my friends do typically dislike my overly optimistic attitude when it comes to the Bills. I'm the guy who predicts 13 wins at the beginning of the season and am convinced we're going to make up 21 points in the last five minutes of a game after only scoring 3 points in the rest of the game...so yea, I'm convinced any coach could take this team to the playoffs next year.

Oh my fault. Yea, it's not important to relate to the fan base in any way.

In my mind I'm picturing you as an aging, bitter librarian-type who keeps baseballs that wind up in his backyard and yells at kids from his porch. I hope with all my heart that our new HC would not relate to you!

Displaced and Weo are making this thread an annoying place for me. I'm happy with the hire and I'm happy we actually have a HC with some swagger and personality. When is the last time we could say that? Ryan is good for FA acquisitions and if he does in fact keep Schwartz and brings in Roman, I don't see what people are whining about.

+1

Well, my friends do typically dislike my overly optimistic attitude when it comes to the Bills. I'm the guy who predicts 13 wins at the beginning of the season and am convinced we're going to make up 21 points in the last five minutes of a game after only scoring 3 points in the rest of the game...so yea, I'm convinced any coach could take this team to the playoffs next year.

Poor sole.

Pretty much everyone. The overwhelming narrative was that the Falcons was the best job and that Ryan was the clear favorite.

We don't know what happened with Falcons because of Arthur Blank this week. I thoroughly believe that Ryan just loved hanging out with the Pegulas and then them telling him they'll meet his contract demands and they will pay for anything he wants.

From what I have Ryan didn't like to vibe from Dimitroff. Felt he wasn't a fan when he interviewed in 2008 and didn't feel like he was wanted there by him this time.

This really is a great hire for us.

BTW - no Mojo comments in this thread yet - shocked LOL

Yiu made that up Kelly! LOL

Rex has been very available to all since the minute the season ended. Blank didn't want him and no one else jumped in.

Edited by Mr. WEO