NEW HEAD COACH: Rex Ryan! It's Official!

KDIGGZ

• Replies 883
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And so are you.....its an opinion....like that stinky, unwashed thing you are sitting on. When you buy the team, you can ask people to leave the fan base....until then, its a discussion website where discussions take place.....god, why is that so hard to comprehend for some here.

Hooray! There are some who understand thoughts can be discussed and you don't have to want to punch the other guy in the face just because an opinion differs.

I read Rex made sense in Atlanta. Blank disagreed. His mother dying I can't believe interrupted or altered his plan to hire Rex.

All the main NFL national guys said it and are still saying it now. Schefter just said it. laConforna just said Blank really wanted Ryan and surprised Ryan didn't wait for the job.

Not really a happy camper with this pick I was hoping we would take a long look at Kubiak

With that in mind I hope is was the GM that could not find any offense for the Jets or players .

Rex started out fast and faded after that.

Hopefully he can start fast hear and Whaley and Co can keep us that way.

The upside Rex has won without a quarterback, Hopefully he has a better choice than his past OC because sexy rexy has not done well there as a HC (hopefully it was the GM in NY)

The defense will be fine with or without Schwartz. Despite change to 4-3, the personnel actually still fits the 3-4 scheme as well as it did with Pettine. So, no worries on the D-side of the ball.

This comes down to building an effective offense and for that we need significant improvement at QB and with O Line. That should be the focus of the discussion and what Rex will bring to Buffalo to address.

Yeah, I expected a lot more out of that Tampa roster this season. /sarcasm

wow...a man with 20/20 hindsight wisdom......the point is, Lovie came in, brought in his QB, made him #1 immediately and proceeded to go out and sh#t the bed with his guy. With Doug Martin, and a very good set of Wide Recievers (that turned out to be great), the record does not reflect the talent on that team.

So we fired a coach who was 2 games below .500 to hire a coach who's 2 games (including playoffs) below .500?

Curiously, the internet is saying Schwartz is out and Schwartz is in. In fact, FanSided is reporting both.

http://fansided.com/2015/01/11/rex-ryan-wants-keep-jim-schwartz-bills-defensive-coordinator/

http://fansided.com/2015/01/11/buffalo-bills-replace-jim-schwartz-defensive-coordinator/?utm_source=FanSided&utm_medium=Network&utm_campaign=RelatedCategory

(Yeah, I know, FanSided doesn't have 'real' sportswriters).

Why so much faith in Roman?

The Bills didn't fire Marrone, he quit!

Oh, I don't mean all. He was a good DC and a bad HC was the prevailing opinion around here. Now, because Atlanta wanted him, he's a great hire. Kinda weird.

I think Rex is a very good head coach saddled by a GM who basically destroyed his roster over the last 3 years

Edited by matter2003

So we fired a coach who was 2 games below .500 to hire a coach who's 2 games (including playoffs) below .500?

Curiously, the internet is saying Schwartz is out and Schwartz is in. In fact, FanSided is reporting both.

http://fansided.com/2015/01/11/rex-ryan-wants-keep-jim-schwartz-bills-defensive-coordinator/

http://fansided.com/2015/01/11/buffalo-bills-replace-jim-schwartz-defensive-coordinator/?utm_source=FanSided&utm_medium=Network&utm_campaign=RelatedCategory

(Yeah, I know, FanSided doesn't have 'real' sportswriters).

Why so much faith in Roman?

See the Roman thread. He took over a bad offense and it became consistently above average (albeit not elite) while he was there.

With some of the 'heavy lifting' out of the way, don't be surprised if Pegula makes Polian 'an offer he can't refuse' after the HOF vote on 1.31

Yea, you never know. I'll be happy as long as they get someone in that FO who will build an O line like the 49ers have. Stealing away Mike Iupati would be a start :D

Okay. He's a great guy, just a DB. And there's enough press conference footage to make that case.

Did he lick your girls toes or something? Seriously, never seen someone whine so much in such a petty way about a coach or player. Not a Buffalo guy? Horrible Person? Lmao...let it go.

This is a great hire. And for those panicking about the offense, the HC isn't the only person who impact the offense, that's what the OC is for.

Let's not forget that many teams have won SBs with elite defenses and marginal QBs. Rex could elevate this talented D to near Seahawks levels and make us a dangerous team and SB threat even if we have average QB play.

Edited by Alphadawg7

Not really a happy camper with this pick I was hoping we would take a long look at Kubiak

With that in mind I hope is was the GM that could not find any offense for the Jets or players .

Rex started out fast and faded after that.

Hopefully he can start fast hear and Whaley and Co can keep us that way.

The upside Rex has won without a quarterback, Hopefully he has a better choice than his past OC because sexy rexy has not done well there as a HC (hopefully it was the GM in NY)

Careful. Not really a safe place to say you don't like the hire. Apparently the 50-52 record he is bringing town is really inspiring to most.

I was not a supporter of bringing Ryan in but like everyone else I suppose, I would like to get behind it. I am anxious to hear what he has to say, and anxious about plans for the DC and OC roles. Open minded. No question this is a bold statement by the Pegulas and I definitely like that. This is clearly not business as usual.

wow...a man with 20/20 hindsight wisdom......the point is, Lovie came in, brought in his QB, made him #1 immediately and proceeded to go out and sh#t the bed with his guy. With Doug Martin, and a very good set of Wide Recievers (that turned out to be great), the record does not reflect the talent on that team.

15-33 the previous 3 seasons and 4-12 last season with locker room issues. Pencil them in for a run?

I like Rex. Really curious to see what happens with Schwartz.

I'm not so big on Greg Roman but I don't know a lot about him. What I read is very mixed.

The thing about maybe losing Schwartz, is that happens, is that unless you make him HC, he is likely gone in one year. We have Rex, the 1-2 best defensive mind in the league, for 5 years.

If Rex brings Thurman, and we keep Rex, and keep the defensive staff of Hendeson and Johnson, we have five DC types. ;)

The only way I like this move is if the FO had an idea of what Schwartz is thinking. If they know Schwartz would be gone after a year or be very unhappy staying another year as DC then it makes sense to hire Rex with the potential of changing the D and or losing Schwartz now or after a year.