NEW HEAD COACH: Rex Ryan! It's Official!

KDIGGZ

• Replies 883
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To me this signifies something huge. For the longest time the Bills have trapped in a "one step forward, one step back" rut. We are about to break out of that rut. My gut tells me that in 5 years we will be a much different team with a much different vibe.

Man I love this. I just love it. This is a great day. Finally, things are going to change. Thank you Terry.

Everyone is assuming Schwatz is leaving and that they are changing D.They aren't. Its been confirmed that Shwartz is staying, and if you're Rex Ryan how sweet is it that you don't even have to lift a finger and still have a top D.

I'm more concerned with the OC position. There is a lot of reports saying it's going to be Roman out of SF....... I have not thought of SF as having a good attacking offence, i'd much sooner have Kyle Shanahan in here.

Not sure what happened in San Fran last year...But Kaepernick did not look like the same kid to me...He regressed no question...But he was really close to Harbaugh and I'm assuming he knew of the internal rift there because everyone knew...Maybe it effected him? Maybe not...But I always liked Roman...And I'm AOK with bringing him in as the OC... B-)

Edited by KOKBILLS

As I said in my text to you, this has Pegula written all over it. I can't even fathom it was Whaley's top pick.

I hope I'm wrong, but I feel like this is Black Sunday. A proven failure HC, who is a blowhard to boot. Worst HC in the NFL last year---hands down.

Of course I'm worried about what it will do to the D, but I'll fell better if Schwartz stays. A move to the 3-4 would be ridiculous at this stage.

If Trestman comes (not my first choice, but OK) and brings Cutler, I'll explode. A crappy loudmouth HC and a QB who couldn't lead a girl scout troop. Beautiful!

I really hope I'm wrong, but I have a very bad feeling about the Bills immediate future.

Pass the Prozac...it looks like it could get bumpy.

Not my first choice but I'm good with it. A few thoughts

1) can't wait until Sully gets snarky with Rex and gets buried.

2) Unlike two years ago coaches actually talked to the Bills! Stable ownership and rising team will do that.

3) Pegs aint't cheap!!! He's paying 9 million next season for HC and if Roman comes here he won't be cheap. Thanks Pegula's!!

Doug Marrone's family has found the board...

Nah, they got confused and took down Sabrespace.

No one knows if this hire will work, but for the first time the Bills targeted a top name coach and landed him. That fact alone should make us all happy. The days of settling and hoping for the best are over.

Question? If Rex had coached Tampa Bay or Cincinnati or St. Louis [or Buffalo], would we think of him as "top name" coach? A lot of his alure comes from being in the media capital of the world, IMO...