NEW HEAD COACH: Rex Ryan! It's Official!

KDIGGZ

+1. We land a coach who was the leading contender for the Falcons and who by all accounts had a great interview with the 49ers and people are seriously upset? Inconceivable.

I'm going to go out on a limb and call BS on you having "friends". You must be talking about your parents. You're one of those professional haters

image.png?w=500&c=1

Sorry it makes you so sad to see an alternative opinion. I liked someone else for the pick--made that clear some time ago (started a thread).

I'm stating why I don't see the logic of this pick. I said I'll get behind Rex because I think he's truly a good guy.

Although that Chappel skit was awesome!...

• Replies 883
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Right. I forgot about the time that EJ led his team down the field in the last minute to a playoff win.

Well...EJ has not had that chance yet because he's only played 15 games...But he has led his team to a last minute win...He did it in his second game as a pro...If you're going to judge Sanchez positively based on what he did in the playoffs and ignore the fact that he's thrown 80 INT's in 70 career games I really don't know what to say in rebuttal...

And please don't take this as a pro-EJ stance because it's not...I'm simply saying that at this point of his career EJ is about as good as Sanchez, and if you look at the start of EJ's career in comparison to the start of Sanchez's career it's easy to figure EJ will end up being the better QB in the long run...Especially if he gets good solid coaching and the kind of running game Sanchez had in NY in his best years...Sanchez simply turns the ball over too much...He always has and there is absolutely no indication that he will not always do so... B-)

Edited by KOKBILLS

I am not impressed. Rex Ryan is a good football coach but I think we needed a manager - a guy who can manager all 3 phases of the ball. What Rex has shown is that his scheme on defense works and he gets actively involved on that side but he lets the offense get on with it. That isn't for me what was required and I am not a Greg Roman fan - take away the Quarterback runs out of the pistol and his offense is as bland as anything you will see in the NFL.

EDIT: But I will be behind him and I will judge him fairly on what he does. I hope we have our winner.

Edited by GunnerBill

Love it, perfect hire. Made the early call on this after I went thru the candidates last week. Knows the division, knows how to beat bellichick (should have swept pats last year, will IMO with the better talent on our roster next year). Players love the guy, great for morale. Will usher out pats reign of dominance in the division.

Rex + Roman/trestman certainly better than marrone + hackett. Should translate into a few more wins next season = first time in a long time I really feel confident about our playoff chances for the upcoming season

Edited by JTSP

Remember when the Bills hired Chan Gailey? That was awesome.

Well...EJ has not had that chance yet because he's only played 15 games...But he has led his team to a last minute win...He did it in his second game as a pro...If you're going to judge Sanchez positively based on what he did in the playoffs and ignore the fact that he's thrown 80 INT's in 70 career games I really don't know what to say in rebuttal...

And please don't take this as a pro-EJ stance because it's not...I'm simply saying that at this point of his career EJ is about as good as Sanchez, and if you look at the start of EJ's career in comparison to the start of Sanchez's career it's easy to figure EJ will end up being the better QB in the long run...Especially if he gets good solid coaching and the kind of running game Sanchez had in NY in his best years...Sanchez simply turns the ball over too much...He always has and there is absolutely no indication that he will not always do so... B-)

All that is fair. And I'm not saying Sanchez is good. Just that he's available and might be the best option for now.

Love this hire. The Bills will never get over the hump until they are able to vanquish Belichick/Brady. This is the first coach we have hired who has the balls to do it. HC is not about Xs and Os; it's about leadership, attitude, and instilling confidence. I think Rex is going to become a Buffalo legend.

The thing I like about Ryan is his passion. He is not going to take any crud from underachievers and he will not be a stone faced...

Sigh. That's actually what I don't like about Ryan. He seems to get too caught up in the moment and doesn't keep thinking two moves ahead, like the best HCs do.

After hating on the guy for so long and thinking he was a one-man hype machine, this will take time to come around to. I'm worried that the Pegulas were star-struck by his big personality vis-a-vis the low key coordinator-types who they didn't know from Adam. Terry in particular seems to like "big names" and "guys I've heard of," based on his Sabres' moves.

I'll just have to think this over some more. I'd hate to see too may cooks mess up the teams' biggest strength, but I guess that question will play out in due time.

Overall, I have to be honest, but I'm bummed...

I love it. Regarding his shortcomings on the offensive side of the ball....for all the haters, ask yourself a question ... have you ever made a mistake in your professional career? Don't think he's not smart enough to self-evaluate and hire an OC with a strong skill-set. Double-plus- he stands toe to toe with Belichick. Anyone know our last coach that did? Me neither.

Gotta love the Bills....always some drama.

Remember when the Bills hired Chan Gailey? That was awesome.

All that is fair. And I'm not saying Sanchez is good. Just that he's available and might be the best option for now.

That's fair...And all I'm saying is...I think met with that challenge...EJ will beat him out...Not because EJ is great...But because Sanchez will turn it over to much... B-)

This is the best the Pegulas could come up with--reaching all the way over to the Jets to rescue Rex Ryan? And he may bring in fellow dumpster denizen Trestman? Why jump on Rex now--why be the first to hire a HC?

Wow. How long did it take Whaley to come up with this? How does this immediately make us better?

I've been on a small bandwagon for Kubiak. He's now available--and not even an interview?

Uninspired first major move by Kim Pegula.....

Actually You have been on a HUGE bandwagon for Kubiak. the coach whose players quit on. rex can maybe at least get us a split every year with the pats* no small feet!

Best available coach with HC experience that players will play for. i kind of like it.

Everyone is assuming Schwatz is leaving and that they are changing D.They aren't. Its been confirmed that Shwartz is staying, and if you're Rex Ryan how sweet is it that you don't even have to lift a finger and still have a top D.

I'm more concerned with the OC position. There is a lot of reports saying it's going to be Roman out of SF....... I have not thought of SF as having a good attacking offence, i'd much sooner have Kyle Shanahan in here.