Tank Part 2

zevo

I was thinking to do just the opposite...I think the bills should considering trading ALL of their picks this year (maybe even a first or second from next year if needed) for the best OLine that we can build and maybe a few options at QB. I'm not 100% serious here, but i thought this idea was worth a shot or a thought at least...

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Cody Kessler is starting to look damn good over at USC. I'll go on record saying he will be the top QB selected next year and I would want him, but there is no way our team falls off to a position of being able to draft that high. Just way too much talent.

What USC QB hasn't looked good the last however many years and besides Palmer how many of them turned into good NFL starters?

Yes every player is different but you can't deny the history especially since the Pac 12 isn't exactly known for its defense.

Edited by Max997

What USC QB hasn't looked good the last however many years and besides Palmer how many of them turned into good NFL starters?

Yes every player is different but you can't deny the history especially since the Pac 12 isn't exactky known for its defense.

This is the dumbest argument against a player in the world. I'm sorry, but it is. You can't name a single college with more than 1 successful current NFL QB, you can't. None of them. Do it.

I mean, I can understand it from a scheme type school like a Baylor or a Houston when they were putting up huge numbers on offense a few years back, but this isn't even the same coaching staff anymore. Please move on from that tired, fact-less claim.

And the Pac-12 was probably the best conference in college football this year. If not, certainly top 2. And what is the best conference, the SEC and their defenses? How has that worked out for their top teams in the bowl games???

Edited by Mark80

I'm quite intrigued to see Kaaya develops. He looks like a pro to me. I don't want to sound like too much of a homer but Cardale Jones' physical tools are insane as well. He looks like Dante Culpepper.

Yeah, he's enormous. That's who the commentators were comparing him to as well during the conference championship game and the semi-final game. His release looks extremely slow to me though for some reason.

Edited by Mark80

Yeah, he's enormous. That's who the commentators were comparing him to as well during the conference championship game and the semi-final game. His release looks extremely slow to me though for some reason.

It may be a little slow but that happens with big guys sometimes. He's raw for sure but has a cannon. I would trade our QB situation with OSU in a second.

Who is the player that you want to tank for? I'm not looking for the QB position but the player specifically. I want to institute a new rule and anytime someone has the "we need a franchise QB" that person should go on record with their selection.

Why Not expand it. Anyone who want to upgrade anyone not demand a suitable realistic replacement. Ie Payton Brady jj watt. Other top rung guys can not be answers

While tanking for the Sabres was the only logical way to rebuild, their situation was completely different than the Bills. The Bills have already built one of the best defenses in the league. It should be that way for another year to maybe three. The Bills need to find a QB and 1 or 2 lineman and they should be able to make the playoffs, but the time is now. The Bills are close with just a piece or two missing. The Sabres were many players away from truly competing when the rebuild was started in earnest and two "generational" players were available in this years draft. A "generational" type QB doesn't appear to be on the horizon in the next 2 drafts.

The more i think about it....the more Im leaning towards once again blowing it all up and starting from scratch....it begins and ends with a franchise QB....we are not getting one without a top 3 pick in all likelyhood....i know we were so close this year but there is no answer to the QB position. The Bills may have to use the sabres model. Not sure how you suck with such a great defense but a start may be to just let hughes walk for big money. Just overall dissapointing and I feel for the players that played their hearts out this year on defense.

Anything you do frequently becomes an expectation and a habit.

Team wins a lot, players expect to be able to come from behind (if needed) or hang on to a lead.

Team loses a lot, players expect SOMETHING BAD WILL HAPPEN - AND WE'LL LOSE (again)

The idea that a losing team can flip a switch and turn into a winner just because they draft Wonderboy at QB is silly. A lot of other organizational and cultural changes must take place as well.

I have not, and will never, root for this team to lose. There is way too much time, sweat and tears out into this franchise by the players and staff to purposefully "tank" for a guy you're not even sure is going to be successful. Obviously I'd love a franchise QB, but I'd never root for a ba season to see it happen. Whaley and the front office is supposed to go find what they need, the same way the Seahawks did with Wilson. The last thing I want to see this team do is continue to lose.

The last two Superbowls were won by great defenses with Wilson and Flacco coming along for the ride. So having said that, I think blowing up the Bills' best defense in the NFL is an epically dumb idea.

Wrong again. Wilson was a Pro Bowl QB in his first two seasons (threw for 3 TDs in his first PB game), tied P Manning's record for rookie passing TDs and had the highest ever QB rating for a rookie QB.

Wrong again. Wilson was a Pro Bowl QB in his first two seasons (threw for 3 TDs in his first PB game), tied P Manning's record for rookie passing TDs and had the highest ever QB rating for a rookie QB.

While that may be true, anyone who watched that Super Bowl knows that the defense won that game. But I agree in general. Russell Wilson is amazingly overrated and underrated all at the same time!

Edited by Mark80