Jason Peters - Hall of Famer

BADOLBILZ

Congrats to Jason Peters on being selected All Pro for his 7th consecutive year. Still pounding DE's into the ground like nails.

I think he probably iced his Pro Football HOF candidacy this year. Now it's about which ballot.

Good trade, Russ. :lol:

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How long's it been now?

Congrats to Jason Peters. Glad he grew up and found ever lasting success. I hope he sends Mouse a Christmas card every year.

GO BILLS!!!

He and Mouse were a perfect combination. If the Bills had the stability that they have now (I know I know) he would still be here. The same may go for Marshawn. It doesn't always work that way but both turned into HOF type of players. Congrats to them and hope that they keep it up.

Too bad he wanted out of Buffalo.

Nonsense. He wanted to stay in Buffalo. He actually loved Buffalo. He wanted to get paid what he (thought he) deserved, which turns out would have been a bargain. The Bills didn't want to pay him 10m, which is what he was worth. The eagles not only did, they gave up a #1 for him for the privilege. And now they have a guy who is a perrennial All Pro.

Nonsense. He wanted to stay in Buffalo. He actually loved Buffalo. He wanted to get paid what he (thought he) deserved, which turns out would have been a bargain. The Bills didn't want to pay him 10m, which is what he was worth. The eagles not only did, they gave up a #1 for him for the privilege. And now they have a guy who is a perrennial All Pro.

The way I remember it we gave him the chance to play OT and even gave him a raise. Then he decided he needed to be paid the most of any player and sulked when we didn't drop everything and did that. Other than that he was great.

The way I remember it we gave him the chance to play OT and even gave him a raise. Then he decided he needed to be paid the most of any player and sulked when we didn't drop everything and did that. Other than that he was great.

Part of that happened but then he far outplayed his contract. He didn't want out of Buffalo, he didn't hate Buffalo, he said himself he loved it here. He was worth 10 million a season and he wanted to get paid that much. The Bills liked him but only offered a little less than 9 as I recall. The Eagles jumped at the chance to pay him 10m because that was the going rate for great LTs.

He wanted to be paid what he was worth, imagine that.

He wanted to be paid what he was worth, imagine that.

There is a right way and a wrong way to make that point. Guys like Fred Jackson kept playing hard and got paid. Jason Peters decided to be a baby about it. Sorry if that offends people who worship him but I thought Peters was a d-bag who disrespected his teammates by slacking off. Very hard for me to feel sorry for those kind of players.

Edited by PromoTheRobot

As usual you are spot on

beating-a-dead-horse-o.gif

Does it even still resemble a horse? That carcass has been reduced to sand.

We gave up a helluva ball player. ...

... and an bigger !@#$ at the time. Sorry he couldn't grow up on our time.

GO BILLS!!!

When oh when will this piece of Bills history come to an end?

I would guess about 5 years after he retires. :lol:

That is one speech I do not want to hear.

Just imagine if he and Lynch both got in and on the same ballot. Russ might want to turn off his cell phone that day. :doh:

There is a right way and a wrong way to make that point. Guys like Fred Jackson kept playing hard and got paid. Jason Peters decided to be a baby about it. Sorry if that offends people who worship him but I thought Peters was a d-bag who disrespected his teammates by slacking off. Very hard for me to feel sorry for those kind of players.

Why is it only a one way street? Somehow it's only the players who are supposed to show "loyalty." Teams cut players the moment they don't live up to their contracts. The Bills wanted to pay the man way less than he was worth and he wasn't having it. I don't begrudge players for doing what they have to do to get paid their fair value. Careers are too short and the chance for injury too high for them to just play out a contract so fans think they're "loyal."

I would guess about 5 years after he retires. :lol:

That is one speech I do not want to hear.

Just imagine if he and Lynch both got in and on the same ballot. Russ might want to turn off his cell phone that day. :doh:

Those dudes... they might make Emmitt Smith's speech sound like Churchill.

Why is it only a one way street? Somehow it's only the players who are supposed to show "loyalty." Teams cut players the moment they don't live up to their contracts. The Bills wanted to pay the man way less than he was worth and he wasn't having it. I don't begrudge players for doing what they have to do to get paid their fair value. Careers are too short and the chance for injury too high for them to just play out a contract so fans think they're "loyal."

That's fine. You're okay with players disrespecting their teams over money. I'm not. Peters was under a contract he just signed. The Bills probably weren't expecting to renegotiate his deal so soon. They asked him to give them a year, he said f### you, skipped camp and showed up out of shape. Again, Fred Jackson wanted a deal but instead of pouting he played as hard as ever. He got his deal. In fact he was highest paid RB for a short time. Peters turned out to be great once he got past two wasted seasons due to injury. I guess you'd have no problem paying Peters $20MM for two seasons while Peters was on IR. Glad his life turned out so nice but I don't miss him.

Edited by PromoTheRobot

The way I remember it. In 2004 Peters was an undrafted Rookie TE. The Bills took a chance on him, put him on the practice squad and converted him to an OL. In 2006 he signed a 5 year 15 Million contract. He excelled at the OL and after 2 years into his 5 year contract he wanted more money. He refused to show up for training camp. The Bills hands were tied. I am sure a man like RW was not happy. He had taken a chance on Peters and all he got in return was a stab in the back. If it were not for the Bills, it is highly likely Peters would have never made it to the NFL. Screw Peters. He should have finished his contract like a man, then he could have gone to the highest bidder.

The way I remember it. In 2004 Peters was an undrafted Rookie TE. The Bills took a chance on him, put him on the practice squad and converted him to an OL. In 2006 he signed a 5 year 15 Million contract. He excelled at the OL and after 2 years into his 5 year contract he wanted more money. He refused to show up for training camp. The Bills hands were tied. I am sure a man like RW was not happy. He had taken a chance on Peters and all he got in return was a stab in the back. If it were not for the Bills, it is highly likely Peters would have never made it to the NFL. Screw Peters. He should have finished his contract like a man, then he could have gone to the highest bidder.

This is kinda true and kinda false. Peters was projected by many as a 2nd round pick without a position. He was a freak athlete that played TE in college. It wasn't like the Bills turned a bunch of rocks to find him. They just signed the freak athlete and he lived up to his athletic potential. Edited by Kirby Jackson

Congrats to Jason Peters on being selected All Pro for his 7th consecutive year. Still pounding DE's into the ground like nails.

I think he probably iced his Pro Football HOF candidacy this year. Now it's about which ballot.

Good trade, Russ. :lol:

Offensive Linemen aren't high up on the HoF candidate list. So I wouldn't start sculpting a bust yet.

And how was it a bad trade? Peters wanted out of Buffalo. At least they got something for him instead of letting him walk out the door for nothing

That's fine. You're okay with players disrespecting their teams over money. I'm not. Peters was under a contract he just signed. The Bills probably weren't expecting to renegotiate his deal so soon. They asked him to give them a year, he said f### you, skipped camp and showed up out of shape. Again, Fred Jackson wanted a deal but instead of pouting he played as hard as ever. He got his deal. In fact he was highest paid RB for a short time. Peters turned out to be great once he got past two wasted seasons due to injury. I guess you'd have no problem paying Peters $20MM for two seasons while Peters was on IR. Glad his life turned out so nice but I don't miss him.

I'm fine with a player looking after himself and his own interests over those of the team (by withholding his services if he feels he needs to). Just like I'm fine with the team looking after their own interests over those of a player (by cutting players who don't live up to contracts ). I can see both sides of it while you can only see the one you have a vested interest in. It's fine, I don't expect you to be able to see all sides of an issue, we all know your modus operandi.

This is kinda true and kinda false. Peters was projected by many as a 2nd round pick without a position. He was a freak athlete that played TE in college. It wasn't like the Bills turned a bunch of rocks. To find him. They just signed the freak athlete and he lived up to his athletic potential.

Why did he fall from a second round pick to undrafted?

I'm fine with a player looking after himself and his own interests over those of the team (by withholding his services if he feels he needs to). Just like I'm fine with the team looking after their own interests over those of a player (by cutting players who don't live up to contracts ). I can see both sides of it while you can only see the one you have a vested interest in. It's fine, I don't expect you to be able to see all sides of an issue, we all know your modus operandi.

While the player is off looking after his own interests and cannot be contacted by the team to see how he's doing in that regard, to the point of refusing to even answer the phone, does he have a responsibility to his teammates and coaches to keep himself in the best shape possible so that when he DOES show up a week before the opener they don't have to worry about his physical condition or needing to wait the first six weeks of the season for him to round into shape? Might that be construed as a big PHUCK YOU to his coaches and teammates as well to the front office he is having a dispute with?

GO BILLS!!!

That's how I remember it. I also remember that neither he nor his agent said anything bad about the organization during the negotiations and I remember how Russ Brandon publicly went after him in a press conference just as training camp began. Not his finest hour. In the end, it worked out very well for Peters. Not so good for us.

This is kinda true and kinda false. Peters was projected by many as a 2nd round pick without a position. He was a freak athlete that played TE in college. It wasn't like the Bills turned a bunch of rocks. To find him. They just signed the freak athlete and he lived up to his athletic potential.

The other kinda true and kinda false part is omitting that Peters was moved from RT to LT after signing that contract.

Offensive Linemen aren't high up on the HoF candidate list. So I wouldn't start sculpting a bust yet.

And how was it a bad trade? Peters wanted out of Buffalo. At least they got something for him instead of letting him walk out the door for nothing

You're right let's get what we can for Dareus now! Yeah, he's under contract for another year and confined by the franchise tag.....but what other choice do we have! :cry:

While the player is off looking after his own interests and cannot be contacted by the team to see how he's doing in that regard, to the point of refusing to even answer the phone, does he have a responsibility to his teammates and coaches to keep himself in the best shape possible so that when he DOES show up a week before the opener they don't have to worry about his physical condition or needing to wait the first six weeks of the season for him to round into shape? Might that be construed as a big PHUCK YOU to his coaches and teammates as well to the front office he is having a dispute with?

GO BILLS!!!

Wouldn't you have said F You to that particular coach and front office?