Jason Peters - Hall of Famer

BADOLBILZ

While the player is off looking after his own interests and cannot be contacted by the team to see how he's doing in that regard, to the point of refusing to even answer the phone, does he have a responsibility to his teammates and coaches to keep himself in the best shape possible so that when he DOES show up a week before the opener they don't have to worry about his physical condition or needing to wait the first six weeks of the season for him to round into shape? Might that be construed as a big PHUCK YOU to his coaches and teammates as well to the front office he is having a dispute with?

GO BILLS!!!

Or it could be construed as the way all players conduct themselves during a hold out and protracted negotiations situation. If you want to talk to them, call his agent. That's the way it works. Brandon made a big deal of that in public to get the fans riled up against Peters to distract them from noticing that a team in desperate need of talent was frittering away the most talented player they had. It clearly worked very well with you. You're more angry at the hall of fame talent that got away than you are at the empty suit who has run this franchise so far into obscurity and mediocrity that its best QB in years is Kyle-freaking-Orton.

Edited by Mickey

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why did he fall from a second round pick to undrafted?

Teams had no idea what to do with him. He was Mike Jasper that played in the SEC. Every year there are a couple of guys that just fall. It was odd that Peters was the guy that did because his physical skills were insane. Seantrel was kind of like that this year but he had a position at least.

So how many Super Bowls have the Eagles made or won with Peters? Have the Eagles even gone deep into playoffs?

How many teams have played in Super Bowls with mediocre tackles in recent years? Peters is talented for sure but he is not the type of difference maker people should be pining about.

So how many Super Bowls have the Eagles made or won with Peters? Have the Eagles even gone deep into playoffs?

How many teams have played in Super Bowls with mediocre tackles in recent years? Peters is talented for sure but he is not the type of difference maker people should be pining about.

How many Super Bowls did Anthony Munoz win? Tony Boselli? You don't do it all on your own. A player can only do what he can do. Peters is great and it is what it is.

It's 6th All pro Selection--his 4th for 2nd team.

For half of his career he was protecting the non-blind side of a Left handed, mobile QB.

Since he joined the Eagles, they have won zero playoff games (0-3). Really no reason the believe the Bills would have had a different outcome with him than they have had without him.

Doubtful he gets into the HOF--certainly not "5 years from now"--lol. Guys like Munoz and Jones, both an order of magnitude better than Peters, did that.

For half of his career he was protecting the non-blind side of a Left handed, mobile QB.

Since he joined the Eagles, they have won zero playoff games (0-3). Really no reason the believe the Bills would have had a different outcome with him than they have had without him.

Doubtful he gets into the HOF--certainly not "5 years from now"--lol. Guys like Munoz and Jones, both an order of magnitude better than Peters, did that.

Lol Vick is one of the most sack prone QBs in the league because he can't pickup the blitz and holds onto the ball too long

This is kinda true and kinda false. Peters was projected by many as a 2nd round pick without a position. He was a freak athlete that played TE in college. It wasn't like the Bills turned a bunch of rocks to find him. They just signed the freak athlete and he lived up to his athletic potential.

yea this wasn't akin to if they stood by jasper for 3-4 years and the light finally came on. They signed a well known high upside prospect and he got real good real fast.

How many Super Bowls did Anthony Munoz win? Tony Boselli? You don't do it all on your own. A player can only do what he can do. Peters is great and it is what it is.

Or it could be construed as the way all players conduct themselves during a hold out and protracted negotiations situation. If you want to talk to them, call his agent. That's the way it works. Brandon made a big deal of that in public to get the fans riled up against Peters to distract them from noticing that a team in desperate need of talent was frittering away the most talented player they had. It clearly worked very well with you. You're more angry at the hall of fame talent that got away than you are at the empty suit who has run this franchise so far into obscurity and mediocrity that its best QB in years is Kyle-freaking-Orton.

I haven't heard it put that succinctly yet. Keeping it real :thumbsup:

Edited by SmokinES3

There is a right way and a wrong way to make that point. Guys like Fred Jackson kept playing hard and got paid. Jason Peters decided to be a baby about it. Sorry if that offends people who worship him but I thought Peters was a d-bag who disrespected his teammates by slacking off. Very hard for me to feel sorry for those kind of players.

2 things with Fred-

1) while he was very good and I love him as a bill, he's lacking the 6 all pro career. Peters is a different level that's hard to compare.

2) up until maybe this last negotiation I think you could argue the bills played harder ball with him than needed. He probably deserved more than he received.

Peters was a jerk, but sometimes that gets you ahead as much as fans dislike it.

You're way off here.

GO BILLS!!!

That's fine. You're okay with players disrespecting their teams over money. I'm not. Peters was under a contract he just signed. The Bills probably weren't expecting to renegotiate his deal so soon. They asked him to give them a year, he said f### you, skipped camp and showed up out of shape. Again, Fred Jackson wanted a deal but instead of pouting he played as hard as ever. He got his deal. In fact he was highest paid RB for a short time. Peters turned out to be great once he got past two wasted seasons due to injury. I guess you'd have no problem paying Peters $20MM for two seasons while Peters was on IR. Glad his life turned out so nice but I don't miss him.

This. They had just renegotiated Peters' deal and gave him a fat raise. He came back a year later for more, the Bills properly said play under your deal this year, then we'll talk. Showed up fat, out of shape, got injured. Funny how these guys decide to be pros after leaving Buffalo, but they're a bunch of whiny bitches while they're here.

There is a right way and a wrong way to make that point. Guys like Fred Jackson kept playing hard and got paid. Jason Peters decided to be a baby about it. Sorry if that offends people who worship him but I thought Peters was a d-bag who disrespected his teammates by slacking off. Very hard for me to feel sorry for those kind of players.

+1

I still remember coveting him when we were signing undrafted free agents. When we got him, I was happy. When he turned into a star, I was thrilled. But when he decided to sandbag his play in the midst of the contract fight, I don't blame the bills for trading him.

Jason Peters has had a better career than Tony Boselli and is physically more talented. Boselli played 6 seasons and was injured a fair amount in them. I'm not saying Boselli wasn't good. Peters has had more good seasons, and his season from 2013 may well go down as one of the most dominating seasons ever by a left tackle. His season for the Bills in 2007 is the best season by a Bills offensive lineman since Wolford in 1991. It was a terrible decision to let an elite, hof-worthy player go.

Some of you would rather that the team sucks than have it capitulate to pay someone whom you perceive to be a dick, even though it's not your money and the team is bereft of talent.

Russ Brandon let the best LT of his generation walk out the door for very little compensation, and with no backup plan in place.

You can list out the decisions that have cost this team A DECADE AND A HALF; this is one of them, the TJ Graham instead of Russell Wilson pick was another, there are probably 4-5 other big whammos to list.

Anyone who is still arguing that letting Jason Peters go was a good thing is simply a kook-aid drinking moron.

Some of you would rather that the team sucks than have it capitulate to pay someone whom you perceive to be a dick, even though it's not your money and the team is bereft of talent.

Russ Brandon let the best LT of his generation walk out the door for very little compensation, and with no backup plan in place.

You can list out the decisions that have cost this team A DECADE AND A HALF; this is one of them, the TJ Graham instead of Russell Wilson pick was another, there are probably 4-5 other big whammos to list.

Anyone who is still arguing that letting Jason Peters go was a good thing is simply a kook-aid drinking moron.

The thing is that as good as Peters is supposed to be it didn't add up to the Eagles winning anything. But at least Eagles fans can be proud of Peters at the Pro Bowl. That's something you get for $10MM a year. Edited by PromoTheRobot

The thing is that as good as Peters is supposed to be it didn't add up to the Eagles winning anything. But at least Eagles fans can be proud of Peters at the Pro Bowl. That's something you get for $10MM a year.

Oh my goodness... it's like you don't even watch football, you just sit in the stands staring at other fans.