Head Coach candidate: Rex Ryan

YoloinOhio

I am not a fan of Rex Ryan and the circus that he brings with him, coming to Buffalo as a head coach. However, I am a huge fan of the Bills interviewing him! Who better to have a conversation with regarding ways to improve our Offense, than the Defensive guru who faces them twice per year. If it is true that one of the benefits of interviewing HC candidates is to pick their brains and learn from their experiences and ideas, then this is a very important interview.

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rex is my top choice. I'd love to see what Rex and Schwartz could cook up together with our defensive talent. If we hire him, I believe we'll make the playoffs this year. I think he would go at least 4-2 in the division (Jets twice, Pats and Dolphins once), if we take care of business vs the Titans, Jags and Deadskins then we are looking at just needing to be 3-4 vs the Colts/Texans/Chiefs/Eagles/Cowboys/Giants/Bengals to finish 10-6.

For all the talk about needing an offensive coach, I don't know if anyone can work a miracle with our current offensive situation. I believe we need a coach who values winning games by playing defense and building a strong running game. I'm a firm believer in QBs making offenses/coaching gurus, not the other way around. I haven't given up on EJ being a passable QB, but I don't think any coach is going to turn him into Brady / Manning / Luck / Rodgers.

Edited by Chuck Wagon

Is anyone else weirded out by the headline "Rex Ryan Will Hold Court with the Pegulas"?

Courts have to do with basketball, raquet sports, and royalty.

What are we talking about here, Vic Carruci? Is the implication Rex is royalty and has condescended to give us an audience?

Because it was phrased that Rex will hold court, yes.

This interview opportunity is a GIFT to the Pegulas. More than anyone else, Rex can tell them directly and unequivocally what the state of their offense is. Rex will give it to them straight about EJ, the offensive line, the schemes, everything. I can't believe how lucky they are to be able to interview Rex Ryan about his perspective on their offense, having faced him twice a year for his entire tenure.

This is a decent read on what goes on in an interview.

Is anyone else weirded out by the headline "Rex Ryan Will Hold Court with the Pegulas"?

Courts have to do with basketball, raquet sports, and royalty.

What are we talking about here, Vic Carruci? Is the implication Rex is royalty and has condescended to give us an audience?

It's a pun, since Rex means king in ancient Greek.

I think people are way too hung up on this. Jerry Hughes is going to be Jerry Hughes whether he has a hand down or not.

And great defensive coaches can coach any scheme.

i agree. Jerry Hughes is standing more often than not. Rex runs basically the same system pettine did but better against the run. We would be fine.

It's a pun, since Rex means king in ancient Greek.

You just filled in a 20 year blank for me with that one. Now it makes sense: "Oedipus Rex / Oedipus The King". *slaps forehead...hard. Seriously, thanks! :thumbsup:

I would love for Rex to end up as coach of the bills, if for nothing else than having an emotional leader who the fans and players can relate to and stand Behind. Are there "better" coaches than Rex? Probably, but I feel like him and Schwartz would be able to come up with some interesting defensive game plans together. With trestman possibly coming along to handle the offensive side, you have yourself a quality coaching staff right there!