When did you first start to dislike Marrone?

I was seething angry after the first Patriots game this year when Sammy Watkins was thrown to 3 times. They spend TWO first round picks on a WR and they don't use him for fear of Revis picking it off?????? Are you kidding me??????

After that game I knew Marrone was forever a ball-less man who had to go. There was no turning back from that game for me. I wanted Marrone fired after that game and the rest of the season.

The Bills need a head coach who will tell his team that Revis is going down today. We got Sammy Watkins, Revis is toast, let's go. Not a guy who will bow down to "the amazingly great" Revis and Belichick. He didn't even challenge them with the WR they spent TWO first round picks on!!! What a wimp. What a loser. I'm so glad he's going to the Jets. We are going to crush them and hopefully we get a head coach that will inspire this team to crush the Pats.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was always a bit underwhelmed by the guy. For all the hype, he struck me as a bit of an amateur. When I read that he changed the way of life at Syracuse, making them toe the line and wear suits, I thought whatever.

His first year? 6 wins? Not impressed.

But when he was at camp and making players run laps, yelling at Hughes, being an a-hole....didn't care for it. When I heard about him yelling at the other Doug in front of the team? That's when I disliked the guy. When he took it public.

I'm glad he's gone. Prima donna had to go.

About week 5 or 6 year 1. When I realized Hackett was in over his head and he was running Marrone's JV offense. The 2 nd year it got worse and I disliked him more and more. That really grew when I heard the Saint Doug stuff and thought but he has never even done anything let alone call plays in the NFL.

I was OK with him and would still support him if he were here. It always did bother me though...he'd spend a lot of time with the O-line when I attended training camp and they just never played consistently well.

Additionally, as it turns out his QB selections have not been good although, maybe thats not on him. I really dont know.

Here is what I saw at my 1st Marrone led TC in July 2013.

QBqus.jpg

As a fan sometime you force yourself to like players or coaches because you want them to succeed. This was the case for myself and Marrone. I supported him and defended him, but now that he's not on the team anymore I can see that he was pretty underwhelming.

+1

I'm a fan of anyone who wears Bills colors so I was a Doug fan until he quit.

I was a Doug fan with reservations, of course. His NFL experience was at OC and OL and yet our offensive, especially our OL, struggled. You had to be worried about that. But you also had to give Doug credit for delivering the first winning season in a decade.

I don't wish ill upon anyone but I won't be pulling for Marrone going forward either.

• 1 month later...

As a fan sometime you force yourself to like players or coaches because you want them to succeed. This was the case for myself and Marrone. I supported him and defended him, but now that he's not on the team anymore I can see that he was pretty underwhelming.

Very, very well said.

When he wouldn't play darick in preseason and after I met him at his first Training camp. I understand darick didn't earn it but from what I could tell Marrone didn't try to help. From how he handled darick and MW at cuse, I knew MW wasn't going to get a fair shot here.

i tried to like him but there was always something that made me cautious.

Edited by kr632

When he was still coaching at Syracuse. The fools who hired him I rate lower.

I don't know if it was fools or fool. I knew from when it was announced he was interviewing that he was Brandon's guy. That was the thing that put me off about him from the start. He turned Syracuse into a respectable program but didn't make them world beaters. Not sure why he ended up being the top choice when there were others available with NFL experience (regardless of whether they were OL coaches in the NFL or what have you).

Buddy and Brandon trumped Whaley and I feel like Whaley made the EJ pick because it was his call come draft day. And as Jaybee pointed out, it didn't seem like Marrone cared at all about his rookie/UDFA QB's by turning the OLine into a joke.

I think Rex will get more out of Kujo than most expect and hope that the others from that class are going to develop great under someone that will play to their strengths and not their weaknesses.

It's not when I started to dislike him necessarily, but...

The weird, fake act he put on in the post game press conference after the pre-season game in Canton put me off.

That was bizarre. It was like he was trying on different false personas, not really having found his true inner voice.

Seems like a weird guy actually. Whatever. He's gone now.

The day he quit and showed his true quitter colors. Bills fans obviously don't quit, and neither should players or coaches. He clearly didn't have what it takes to be a buffalo bill. Screw him. Talk to Don Bebee about what it means not to friggin' quit.

Began for me with the Kolb signing press conference.

At the point where Kolb was talking about winning the SB in Buffalo I was questioning his ability to evaluate QB's.

Marrone held petty grudges against players. The 'innovation' we were told about what simply vapor. He is an @$$hºle.- The Captain Queeg of coaching.

I didn't trust the guy from day one.

Edited by Ted William's frozen head