Marrone was upset at the Buffalo Media

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm probably saying too much just by writing this...but I can tell y'all without a doubt that Marrone has issues with the media that border on complete paranoia...To say that he was not the most popular guy at OBD is the understatement of the century...

interesting

Hey Cheap-Shot Artist, the guy was brutal on offense his side of the ball.Lets go back to Chan Gaily, his side of the ball was what ? offense and many of the players performed very well.Please do not defend this piece of garbage who thinks about nothing other them himself, look at all the players on offense after Marrone arrived started sucking bad.You like him so much go watch his next team punt on 4 & 1.

I don't like the fact that he bailed on us.

Having said that, the Buffalo media was overly harsh with him. He was much more open in 2013 until he felt he had been burned. This past year, he was a bit of a grump and closed off.

boo whooo whooo. He's an NFL head coach. People are tough in every market on every NFL head coach. Tomlin goes 8-8 last year and some ppl in Pittsburgh wanted him gone.

Hey Cheap-Shot Artist, the guy was brutal on offense his side of the ball.Lets go back to Chan Gaily, his side of the ball was what ? offense and many of the players performed very well.Please do not defend this piece of garbage who thinks about nothing other them himself, look at all the players on offense after Marrone arrived started sucking bad.You like him so much go watch his next team punt on 4 & 1.

Gailey as OC would be great.

You are correct about him being direct and open initially. They did go after him. He should not have quit, but the Buffalo media went way over board -- especially with the whole 4th down thing.

Not really. There should be a headline, "Marrone Punts and leaves Buffalo."

Marrone didn't have enough confidence in himself, his staff or his team to gamble that in 2015 they'd improve enough to where he'd have the upper hand in contract negotiations. It seems that the guys who are upset at him leaving are the defense - sure, they don't have to deal with him like the offense. I'm sure he's a nice guy, and two back-to-back Pinstripe Bowl victories are indeed impressive BUT I found him underwhelming as a coach, in particular his devotion to Hackett. Whether all the questionable play calling and bad decisions were his, or Hackett's, the fact remains that the team was the weakest in the area where Marrone was suppoed to be an expert.

F Doug Marrone. At the end of the day, that's all it boils down to. We'll have a new coach of the Buffalo Bills, and doug marrone is a guy coaching another team. Wish him nothing but the worst football luck in the world. Go Bills, and if you aren't with that, then have fun with the jets. See you next season

Marrone didn't have enough confidence in himself, his staff or his team to gamble that in 2015 they'd improve enough to where he'd have the upper hand in contract negotiations. It seems that the guys who are upset at him leaving are the defense - sure, they don't have to deal with him like the offense. I'm sure he's a nice guy, and two back-to-back Pinstripe Bowl victories are indeed impressive BUT I found him underwhelming as a coach, in particular his devotion to Hackett. Whether all the questionable play calling and bad decisions were his, or Hackett's, the fact remains that the team was the weakest in the area where Marrone was suppoed to be an expert.

Very well said. I was happy with him but I am not sad to see him go. I hope the new owner spares no expense on a HC and OC and can keep Schawrtsy happy

And if he goes to the Jets, I would be happy with that

I agree, if he believed in himself and his staff he would have moved forward with the Bills. I am glad he is gone. This was a coach who was 25 - 25 at the college level and 15 -17 at the pro level. If he is the front runner for the Jets head coaching job then good for him. That shows me the Jets are a lot more disfunctional then the Bills.

Marrone had issues with the Syracuse media too.

Notice a pattern?

The guy referred to himself as St. Doug.

That should tell you a lot about how he views himself.

Is December 31 St. Doug day forever more in Buffalo Bills history?

I don't like the fact that he bailed on us.

Having said that, the Buffalo media was overly harsh with him. He was much more open in 2013 until he felt he had been burned. This past year, he was a bit of a grump and closed off.

Ooooooo! the Big Bad Buffalo media!

This is rich. There isn't one guy in the Buffalo press who would stand out as "harsh" if he was in metro NYC. Marrone will be eaten alive--he can't roll with it like Rex couild and he doesn't have the heft of Coughlin (who gets a bit of a pass down there).

This is rich. There isn't one guy in the Buffalo press who would stand out as "harsh" if he was in metro NYC. Marrone will be eaten alive--he can't roll with it like Rex couild and he doesn't have the heft of Coughlin (who gets a bit of a pass down there).

And yet there are many here that think it's crazy to think that he would have over the top sensitivities to players that disobeyed him or hold grudges.

The only people more thin skinned that Doug Marrone are several members of the Buffalo media.

If he can't handle morons like Sullivan and Schoop, what do you think is going to happen in NYC where they have REAL reporters and columnists who aren't intellectually lazy like those two? Buffalo has two, maybe three columnists/reporters who are actually good at their job, and neither of them are named Sullivan or Schmoopie. If marrone has thin skin for the buffalo buffons, there's no way he'll handle NY.

Don't buy it. Did he hate dealing with them? Clearly. Did he quit because of it, hardly. That's laughable. It's typical character assassination by the media, the this case Carucci, by hiding bring anonymous sources. Talk about chicken bleep. You're gonna call the guy a baby by using an anonymous source. Media sucks. Not a huge marrone fan but I'll back the guy here. Because he doesn't like dealing with the media gets him characterized as thin skinned by that same media and that's bush league. The media has a false sense of entitlement with regards to sports and the expectation of courtesy with obligation. Good for Marrone, it's the one quality I appreciated, just like with Bill Belichek. .

oh my god... if there is one coach in the league whose poise in dealing with the media is the opposite of belichek's...

The only people more thin skinned that Doug Marrone are several members of the Buffalo media.

or the koolaid drinkers who whine about them

Adam Benigni@AdamBenigni 16m16 minutes ago

as for @viccarucci report Marrone was upset with local media. @BudPoliquin told me at time of hire Marrone had "thin skin"... (1/2)

Adam Benigni@AdamBenigni 15m15 minutes ago

(2/2) suggesting he might have trouble dealing as NFL head coach.

Marrone may have thin skin with the media, but that ain't why he quit this gig.

It appears his contract was structured such that he had 4 million reasons to throw his hat at the chance for a "double dip"