Orton Retires (per twitter)

JimBob2232

I believe the "no class" comment was more directed towards the bottom two posters and other similar ones which I'm sure will surface.

Why? Because this now forces our hand to really address our QB situation without having to pay a guy 5 mil who's heart wasn't into playing football and was a medicore QB at best? I'm happy about that and I don't think that shows anyone has no class.

You people have no class.

YYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!

... until another team comes calling.

Yawn.

Glad to see your ugly ass go. You sucked whilst in Buffalo.

• Replies 311
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I believe the "no class" comment was more directed towards the bottom two posters and other similar ones which I'm sure will surface.

I missed the ones trashing him. Yes i gave a whoooo hoooo post but mine was more to the fact that it forces the Bills hands to address the position now.

I guess that the dead horse will be beaten all offseason but I really believe that the team was in a much better position with Orton this year than EJ. Orton was average. The Bills next QB will be a vet with some question marks IMO. They have a chance to be good or bad but not ok.

At this point I want the team to address the position and this forces their hand to do so (hopefully). I can totally get your point but I guess I'm an eternal optimist.

Probably took one look at this board and said enough :sick:

This is a big loss for the Bills IMO. I gotta wonder who will save Marrone's arse next season?

Who will save his arse by laying down and missing open receivers, en route to a successful non-playoff campaign? Boy, that's asking a lot.

Bunch of idiots on this board it seems sometimes. The only QB with a winning record since the Flutie-Johnson era and you guys are chasing him out of town.

Thanks Kyle. Wish you were sticking around.

He's leaving because of the fans? How are we chasing him out of town? He retired.

The strip sack he had yesterday said it all. The fact that he looked back to make sure he could go down without getting hurt was one of the most pathetic things I've ever seen from a QB.

His play reminded me of the rich QB from the replacements. Too bad we didn't have a Johnny Falco to replace him with.

Enjoy retirement, Captain No Heart.

I think a lot showed yesterday in the game...

Orton was playing as good as you'd ever expect him to, and then he got hit ONE Time and turned into the guy we've been witnessing for the past 5 or 6 weeks. He's been a nice add this year to steady the ship a bit but unfortunately that's it. He's thinking about Orton when he drops back to pass, and we can't have that.

Thanks for filling in and going letting the defense & STs carry you to 7-5 which helped the team get its first winning record in 10 years. I just hope your veteran presence gave EJ what he needed to take the next step next season. Best of luck to you.

Next batter up.......

#QBwinsaren'tastat

I am with you on the EJ part though.

Orton wasn't going to take us where we need to go. His is a solid backup nothing more. We need to bring in veteran competition for EJ and let the best man win. I would take a flyer on Sam Bradford if he gets cut. I would also look to draft a developmental prospect to compete for Tuel's spot on the roster. Hopefully we can identify a QB who can go out and win some games as this team is close.

Fix the oline, get a game changing TE and the offense will look totally different next year. I wouldn't be upset if Hackett is shown the door as well but it is hard to judge with the unsettled QB position and terrible O-line.

Just thinking out loud here and it hasn't crpssed my mind yet but will the lack of QBs available drive up the trading price? For example experts were saying that the Bears may have to include a better pick to entice someone into taking Cutler. Is it possible that they can wait for a team desperate for a QB to overpay? Same goes for RG3 & Bradford.