Report: No Football ops changes expected with Bills

YoloinOhio

There is another angle to this that I haven't seen anyone mention. Fire Maronne now and think what that does to your future coaching possibilities. He didn't make the playoffs but he appeared to make a large step in the correct direction. Future coaches wouldn't want to be on a very short leash, especially when things are getting better.

BTW, it is amazing how those two cheap wins create perception. This team could have just as easily have been 6-10 and I wouldn't be making the comment above.

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Find real OL and QB coaches , hire more scouts at the very least.

Do you know how many scouts we have? Why would we need more? I think we have real OL and QB coaches. Just need better players

There is another angle to this that I haven't seen anyone mention. Fire Maronne now and think what that does to your future coaching possibilities. He didn't make the playoffs but he appeared to make a large step in the correct direction. Future coaches wouldn't want to be on a very short leash, especially when things are getting better.

BTW, it is amazing how those two cheap wins create perception. This team could have just as easily have been 6-10 and I wouldn't be making the comment above.

and just as easily been 10-6

i don't think there are any "cheap wins" in the NFL. If that was the case you would need to go through and fire Chuck Pagano for having 4 wins a year over Jax and Tennessee or drop two victories a year from everyone in the AFC west for the raiders games. Also NE and Miami would have 2 fewer wins. Edited by YoloinOhio

@ByTimGraham: Bills source informs me no football ops changes are imminent, but meetings will be held next week. Expect status quo, but no guarantees.

Greg Gabriel

@greggabe: PFT has been saying Polian to Bills. I've been told they are staying "as is". No changes

Maybe I'm mid-reading this, but doesn't 'No changes' mean 8-8 next year too?

Do you know how many scouts we have? Why would we need more? I think we have real OL and QB coaches. Just need better players

and just as easily been 10-6

Do you know how many times the Bills have made the playoffs in the last 15 years ?

How do you find better players and develop them ?

Edited by ALF

Pegula knows how to make money.... does that make him a football god who can get er done or just another Davis rich guy who likes to play at the NFL....Its prudent to sit tight one more year but they need some real completion at QB...and whats out there? not much...I predict 7-9 next year and everyone gets flushed...lets just fast forward to 2016

64% completion percentage. About 3000 yards through 11 games for a team he wasn't in camp for. No guard play. No running game.

I don't care if the Bills upgrade at QB but Orton is not the problem with the offense.

I agree everyone calling for Ortons head and an upgrade at the QB position take a look at how Brady plays when he is pressured, fix the Oline and give the guy a chance. By the way who is this QB sitting around waiting for the Bills to call thats an upgrade over Orton.

We're staring 8-8 right in the face, and can only hope for 9 wins if the Pats rest 3/4 of their team. Forgive me for not being all giddy over finally getting 1 more win than the Jauron years.

We're not the best D in the league. Currently, we're #4 overall; 5th against the pass, 13th against the run. Yeah, we're good but still not good enough to stop a bad team on 3rd and 22 when the game if not entire season was on the line.

I really appreciate your infinite optimism, Promo. I do. But, I just can't look at our offense over the last 2 years and realistically expect them to get it fixed. Sure, I guess we could sign Rodgers and an all star cast for the line. But, until that happens, please don't hold it against me for being skeptical with our current coaches' ability to coach on the same level as the best in the league.

We were first in defense last week, but slipped to #2 after the Raiders game: http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/teamdef .

I'm a big fan of Football Outsiders, btw.

I agree everyone calling for Ortons head and an upgrade at the QB position take a look at how Brady plays when he is pressured, fix the Oline and give the guy a chance. By the way who is this QB sitting around waiting for the Bills to call thats an upgrade over Orton.

Havent you heard? Cutler and Sanchise are available next season. They will magically become TD machines.

Do you know how many times the Bills have made the playoffs in the last 15 years ?

How do you find better players and develop them ?

Not my question. The answer to yours is 0. You said to hire more scouts. I asked if you knew how many the Bills have. How do you know we don't have the most scouts of any team? Whaley and his staff have job a good job of upgrading the talent on this team. Not great but good.

ProFootballTalk@ProFootballTalk 4m4 minutes ago

Brian Ayrault emerges as possible addition to Bills' front office http://wp.me/p14QSB-9FuY

Front-office employees currently believed to be in danger include CEO Russ Brandon, G.M. Doug Whaley, and Senior V.P. of Football Administration Jim Overdorf.

2 out of 3 works for me. :thumbsup:

Edited by Rico

Anyone listening to GR55? Sounds like the rumor mill is really starting to spin: Marrone and Whaley don't get along, Chris Polian in as GM, Bill P in at some role, Ayrault in (per the post above too), Brandon, Whaley and Overdorff's jobs are ALL potentially in jeopardy.

Should be a few next couple weeks...

Anyone listening to GR55? Sounds like the rumor mill is really starting to spin: Marrone and Whaley don't get along, Chris Polian in as GM, Bill P in at some role, Ayrault in (per the post above too), Brandon, Whaley and Overdorff's jobs are ALL potentially in jeopardy.

Should be a few next couple weeks...

If that happens then say goodbye to the Bills becoming a competitive franchise for the next decade. Seriously. I don't want Bill Polian back, I don't want his kid who was a huge failure in Indy, I just want Doug Marrone and Nate Hackett fired.