Report: No Football ops changes expected with Bills

YoloinOhio

I don't think it makes sense to blow it all up at this point. Give em one more year, improvement had been shown over the past 2 years. Playoffs or bust next year I say!

I'm with you on this. We are all angry at this point, but the progress is undeniable.

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Id pull this jalopy into the garage. Id pop the hood and take a look around. Then id head straight to the dealer and order a bunch of new parts. Id order the turbo, a new hp manifold, a new muffler and cat convertor. New pipes. And a high flow air filter.

Go home and start taking it apart making room for the upgrades.

Once the parts came in, id install the new stuff. The turbo, and make it true dual exhaust. Wouldnt be that hard or complicated. The new manifold would be the worst of it. Once the turbo, manifold and exhaust is set up id put the new airbox on. Easy squeezy. Close the hood. Fire it up. Take it down the street, and the first red light i get to, id rev it up so the guy next to me hears it. Light turns green, i punch it, and blow that mother off the line.

Point is, im not talking bout a rebuild here. I am talking about some serious performance upgrades. Expensive? Yes. Time consuming? Yeah, maybe a month or two of work. Difficultity level? Eh, anyone with a socket set from Sears could do it.

Just get this thing tearing it up. No big deal. Just drop the old parts off at the junkyard.

I can give a huge reason to be frustrated, disappointed, and disgusted all at once over the first winning season in the last ten years.

Losing to the 2-12 Raiders last week on the road, and against a rookie QB. That Raider team #7 against the pass, and 24th against the rush, and guess which one the Bills did more of....

Not changing the operation is a good thing, we've had way too many changes in the past 15 years. Make or break year next year for sure, put them under pressure but don't expect miracles to happen from change alone, if anything the last 15 years and other organizations have proven is that you need to stick to a plan in order to get somewhere.

I can give a huge reason to be frustrated, disappointed, and disgusted all at once over the first winning season in the last ten years.

Losing to the 2-12 Raiders last week on the road, and against a rookie QB. That Raider team #7 against the pass, and 24th against the rush, and guess which one the Bills did more of....

Yep. There is both good and bad. Marrone deserves a lot of credit but he also deserves a lot of the blame. I've been screaming the entire season to spread the field, and then you can run, because the other team can't crowd the line and overpower us. I don't remember them doing what they did at the goalline with Boobie the whole year. Spread the field at the 1-2 and then run him up the middle. It was an easy TD. Where was that the entire year? That's basic football.

Edited by Kelly the Dog

Brandon says all the reports were drummed-up nonsense from agents looking to foment drama.

Is anyone remotely surprised by this?

Russ is a professional. I'm not surprised he denied any of the rumors whether there's any truth to them or not. We will find out if any changes are on the horizon soon enough though.

Edited by Bangarang

I'll bet the one that got more than 1.3 YPA.

Why? There's always someone at the top making the decisions. Yeah you could bring someone in now to tell Whaley this isn't working and replace these guys. But in three years who's going to tell the new guy that some of his decisions also didn't work out. Is the new guy going to make similar mistakes, likely yes, no one is perfect. He's not really tied to either Pears and Ubrik so if he feels they should be replaced likely they will. I think he's shown the ability to move on from his mistakes so am really not all that concerned that he'll refuse to make changes.

It's also possible the two rookie linemen may show a large improvement by their second year.

I'm not in anyway thrilled with Chris Williams performance, but as someone here pointed out a couple weeks back, when he got hurt was when the running game went down the tubes. So maybe he isn't as bad as people make him out to be or a mistake in signing him. Williams on one side if healthy and sign one top level FA guard and you may be all set at line. Maybe you flip Glenn and Henderson, though remains seen if Glenn's absence from training camp has something to do with his regression in play this season.

GM Doug Whaley needs someone above him other then Russ Brandon, someone who will direct him to rid the team of scrubs on the O line, Pears, Urbik, Williams, and fill those positions with quality talent. If they don't 2015 will just be another wasted season. The entire offensive side of the scouting process needs to be revamped from what we have seen over the last few years.

The saddest thing I've read in a long while....

http://espn.go.com/b...ed-with-pegulas

Despite,

http://www.ubbullrun...e-buffalo-bills

That second article is so dumb. Manuel wasn't solidifying his position as the starting QB. Odds are, if we finished the season with Manuel, we'd have just as a big of a question mark at the position, just like last year. QB is always a question mark unless you have a top 15 QB. I give it two thumbs down.

Not changing the operation is a good thing, we've had way too many changes in the past 15 years. Make or break year next year for sure, put them under pressure but don't expect miracles to happen from change alone, if anything the last 15 years and other organizations have proven is that you need to stick to a plan in order to get somewhere.

Agree with this wholeheartedly! Glad the posters on this board are not running the team. Blowing it up is crazy, tweak what needs to be tweaked.

ask the consultant! I would cut Orton, sign a better vet QB, sign better guards, sign a weapon TE, draft a more durable version of Goodwin (Devin Smith please) and replace the OL coach.

Hate to break it to you, but there aren't any veteran QBs available that are much better than Orton.