Report: No Football ops changes expected with Bills

YoloinOhio

And, personally, I'm not convinced that Whaley and Marrone don't deserve another year. Though if I was Terry, I'd ask them both some hard questions about their plans for 2015, especially on the offensive side of the ball.

I agree. I don't like it, but I agree. Although that could change when Marrone says to El Pegual, well really when you think about it Kyle is the veteran so there shouldn't be a qb competition you know what I'm sayin.

Boom. You're fired.

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

His credibility with who? With you?

I don't think the players will lose faith in the Pegulas if they give Whaley and Marrone more than 2 years to turn the team around. I don't think fellow owners will blink an eye. A few fans might be pissed - but not pissed enough to damage revenues.

No one remembers what Ralph did back in 1960. No mistakes he made back then permanently ruined his credibility.

Terry has built up a solid reputation in business over the course of decades. He saved the Bills, keeping them in Buffalo. He's got tons of credibility and retaining a coach another year won't change that.

And, personally, I'm not convinced that Whaley and Marrone don't deserve another year. Though if I was Terry, I'd ask them both some hard questions about their plans for 2015, especially on the offensive side of the ball.

The Bills remain in Buffalo. He has 1.4 billion credibility points in his war chest. They may expire at some point, but he doesn't get bonus points for knee jerk reactions.

Other than O-line coach, none of those are staff changes. All the pl;ayer changes you mentioned have already been suggested by nearly everyone at TSW, so not sure why anyone would need to ask (or pay for) a consultant to come up with these changes.

thats why I said ask the consultant! Those would be my changes. And add a RB.

I agree Pegula's credibility is not at stake at all. I can see the argument for continuity. IMO it is only a bad argument because it will be Marrone continuing.

Pegula can fire him now or a year from now. He is not an NFL caliber coach. I hate to see us waste another year and have the defense get older. Then you could be looking at a coaching and roster blowup, not just a coaching blowup.

I agree Pegula's credibility is not at stake at all. I can see the argument for continuity. IMO it is only a bad argument because it will be Marrone continuing.

Pegula can fire him now or a year from now. He is not an NFL caliber coach. I hate to see us waste another year and have the defense get older. Then you could be looking at a coaching and roster blowup, not just a coaching blowup.

It's time for a celebration!

All of this is correct. Whaley can stay for at least another year. Marrone has to go right now.

Why, just because you don't like him, He has 8, maybe 9 wins this year, more than many other NFL caliber coaches. He deserves another year.

I guarantee Marrone will not win 8 games if he stays on. Just because we won a few more games you guys are missing the offensive regression, the weird decisions, dysfunctional environment and lack of an overall plan. When last year ended even causal fans knew what was needed and it wasn't to mortgage the 2015 draft to trade up for a player at the strongest position in the draft. What would New England have done in our position? Trade down of course and still get a heck of a receiver! We needed to find a QB solution and have a solid 2nd option if EJ didn't improve, fix the guard position, learn how to use a dynamic back like Spiller (I am sick of all these guys like Sproiles and that nobody San Diego drafted running all over the field and not Spiller) and score enough points to let our defense shine. We have the exact same problems we had last year! I don't call that progress.

Orton needs to go unless he puts up

60 points on NE

64% completion percentage. About 3000 yards through 11 games for a team he wasn't in camp for. No guard play. No running game.

I don't care if the Bills upgrade at QB but Orton is not the problem with the offense.

64% completion percentage. About 3000 yards through 11 games for a team he wasn't in camp for. No guard play. No running game.

I don't care if the Bills upgrade at QB but Orton is not the problem with the offense.

I agree. Although he's not the solution either. I sure wish it looked like someone had a plan. Why does it always feel like our organization is bringing checkers to a chess game?

Other than the best record since 2004, and the best D in the league there's nothing.

We're staring 8-8 right in the face, and can only hope for 9 wins if the Pats rest 3/4 of their team. Forgive me for not being all giddy over finally getting 1 more win than the Jauron years.

We're not the best D in the league. Currently, we're #4 overall; 5th against the pass, 13th against the run. Yeah, we're good but still not good enough to stop a bad team on 3rd and 22 when the game if not entire season was on the line.

I really appreciate your infinite optimism, Promo. I do. But, I just can't look at our offense over the last 2 years and realistically expect them to get it fixed. Sure, I guess we could sign Rodgers and an all star cast for the line. But, until that happens, please don't hold it against me for being skeptical with our current coaches' ability to coach on the same level as the best in the league.

We're staring 8-8 right in the face, and can only hope for 9 wins if the Pats rest 3/4 of their team. Forgive me for not being all giddy over finally getting 1 more win than the Jauron years.

We're not the best D in the league. Currently, we're #4 overall; 5th against the pass, 13th against the run. Yeah, we're good but still not good enough to stop a bad team on 3rd and 22 when the game if not entire season was on the line..

Dick Jauron makes me sick remembering what he did here. Fire Marrone.

Hackett needs to be demoted to quality control. Play calling needs to be taken from Marrone and put in the hands of a real OC.

pretty sure Marrone and Hackett are a package deal. You either get both or neither. If neither, then you are blowing up everything and starting over.... again. Is that what you want? Full restart? New schemes, cutting players left and right to get new ones that "fit" what the new guy wants to do? by the time its all put back together again today's talent is gone? the vicious cycle has to end. they are close. Just need a QB and a couple O Linemen. Everyone calm down.

@ByTimGraham: Bills source informs me no football ops changes are imminent, but meetings will be held next week. Expect status quo, but no guarantees.

Greg Gabriel

@greggabe: PFT has been saying Polian to Bills. I've been told they are staying "as is". No changes

So definitely maybe something possibly may or may not happen.

His credibility is at stake??? Are you !@#$ing kidding me??? Get a grip on your life and relax Francis.

Does this mean Pegula is "Uncle Hulka"?

This thread is silly. Pegula will evaluate from top to bottom the organization and make the changes he feels necessary for success. He's not going to have a knee jerk reaction as Wilson did that more than enough times. How'd that work?

Does this mean Pegula is "Uncle Hulka"?

This thread is silly. Pegula will evaluate from top to bottom the organization and make the changes he feels necessary for success. He's not going to have a knee jerk reaction as Wilson did that more than enough times. How'd that work?

Pegula is our "big toe".