Wilson or Luck?

Mr. WEO

131 members have voted

1. 1. who do you take on your team right now?

• Wilson
    • Luck

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Switch their teams and the Seahawks would go undefeated.

Seriously - how is this even a question?

Wilson plays on a much better team.

Luck was the greatest draft prospect in 30+ years and has done nothing to call that into question.

Luck by a mile.

Edited by BobChalmers

I think it's Luck because Wilson has a great defense and running game to rely on. But Luck has the superior receiving talent around him. Also, Luck struggles when he faces the big boys.

Right now, wilson doesn't have to carry his team and Luck does. So Luck with the slight edge.

But both are really good young Qbs who have completely contoured the way fans treat young Qbs. They are the expectations and not the norm.

Seriously - how is this even a question?

Wilson plays on a much better team.

Luck was the greatest draft prospect in 30+ years and has done nothing to call that into question.

Luck by a mile.

Luck seems to struggle against non terrible teams. Wilson plays his best in those games.

Nice topic Weo!! I never thought that I'd say it but it's Wilson for me. He takes better care of the football. Luck has prototypical tools but Wilson has a little better command I think. You would be thrilled to have either of them but for me it's RW.

Thanks. I may get heat for saying this, but I think Wilson demonstrates a higher on field football intelligence, which is what you are saying, I think. He is calm--icy, actually. He does what he needs to do and does it well. He isn't asked to throw 57 times a game, but he is expected to drive them down the field. He sees everything (ironically, and with all possible disrespect to the "professional" who run NFL FO's, for a guy who is 2 inches "too short" to play in the NFL) and takes care of the ball.

HE steps up in big games.....

I just wonder if the Bills pulled the trigger on Wilson would he be good or a bust?

Chan failed would be coaching us into the playoffs this year if we had Wilson. The guy wa a top five pick talent wise who fell to the third round bc he was short.

I wanted him in the first round of that draft. I wanted him in the second round and third round too.

!@#$!!!

The Luck excuse-o-meter is out in full force in this thread. He went #1 overall and he is simply not winning.

Indy could have kept Manning, got twice what the Rams got for RG3 and built the daylights out of their team around Manning. They might even have acquired Russell Wilson with one of the extra picks. They'd probably be looking at another Super Bowl run this year and would have won it at least once since Manning left. Calling them lucky for getting Luck is ridiculous. It has cost them heavily and will continue to cost them for years to come.

The Luck excuse-o-meter is out in full force in this thread. He went #1 overall and he is simply not winning.

Luck is in his third year in the league. In those three years, the Colts have finished 11-5, 11-5 and are 10-5 this season. Seems that they're doing OK to me.

Luck is in his third year in the league. In those three years, the Colts have finished 11-5, 11-5 and are 10-5 this season. Seems that they're doing OK to me.

Russell Wilson won a Super Bowl. P. Manning went to one and ran into.....Russell Wilson. Take away W's against the Texans, Titans and Jags and Luck is about .500.

And it isn't just Andrew Luck but the opportunity cost. The Colts could have Manning, Wilson and probably 4 additional 1's and some 2's or 3's, or they could have Luck. They chose very poorly. It's one thing to take a shot on an unproven overhyped rookie sired by a known poor QB if you have nothing to lose. If he were coming out this year and fell to the Bills for example.....go for it. It's another thing to give up Peyton Manning and multiple #1 picks for him. It was a demonstrably terrible decision on a factual basis and I continue to be amazed that so many otherwise smart people are duped in the ESPN/NFL/CBS/FOX hype.

Edited by 4merper4mer

To me it's Luck and not even close. The guy was a number one and Wilson a number 3 for a reason. He has more talent. His team is not nearly as good.

Even if you buy into all of the Luck hype, he is still the wrong choice by leaps and bounds. He was so hyped that Indy could have traded that pick for the world. Even if Manning's neck made him retire.....Indy gets Wilson and ALL of those picks.....RG3 * 3.....to build the rest of a balanced team around Wilson. The scenario is even worse when you consider that Manning has been healthy.

Both Wilson and Luck will get big contracts when they renew.....Luck's will probably be bigger and hamper Indy's ability to put a team around him.

Everyone treats him like he is Johnny Unitas when they talk about his skills, then they demand he be surrounded with talent as if he were Trent Dilfer. Which is it Luck apologists?

I'd take either, as someone else above noted. In one sense it's too bad that they play in opposing conferences since in a year or two the League will need a replacement for Brady-Manning and this would be about the best one could hope for as an annual substitute. That said, I'll wager that over their careers they play at least one SB against each other.....

Even if you buy into all of the Luck hype, he is still the wrong choice by leaps and bounds. He was so hyped that Indy could have traded that pick for the world. Even if Manning's neck made him retire.....Indy gets Wilson and ALL of those picks.....RG3 * 3.....to build the rest of a balanced team around Wilson. The scenario is even worse when you consider that Manning has been healthy.

Both Wilson and Luck will get big contracts when they renew.....Luck's will probably be bigger and hamper Indy's ability to put a team around him.

Everyone treats him like he is Johnny Unitas when they talk about his skills, then they demand he be surrounded with talent as if he were Trent Dilfer. Which is it Luck apologists?

I think your going strawman here because no one is saying he needs talent like the 2000 Ravens.

Indy could have kept Manning, got twice what the Rams got for RG3 and built the daylights out of their team around Manning. They might even have acquired Russell Wilson with one of the extra picks. They'd probably be looking at another Super Bowl run this year and would have won it at least once since Manning left. Calling them lucky for getting Luck is ridiculous. It has cost them heavily and will continue to cost them for years to come.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

No kidding.

I see this as a similar choice between Luck and RG3 when coming out of college. Luck is simply the safer bet. He's as close to a "sure thing" as there has been in years. His style of play fits all systems. I believe the chances of him washing out are nil, and his style is less injury prone than many. If I was a betting man, I'd wager Luck has the better career of these two.

Both are good choices, but one is great and safe. I'll take that all day long.

The catch is that the Colts didn't have the benefit of hindsight that you now do. They had the choice between someone who was universally viewed as a franchise QB, or to trade back and take a chance that someone, including a guy named Russell Wilson who was passed over 74 times, might outplay their draft position.

Could they have rolled the dice, traded down, and come out better off? Possibly. But finding a franchise QB and posting three 10+ win seasons in three years, is a clear success, as far as I'm concerned.

I think your going strawman here because no one is saying he needs talent like the 2000 Ravens.

Well I would never call Luck a straw man. I am not a big fan but do recognize that he is big and strong and hardly made from straw.

Anyway, my point is that everyone is saying that his results stink because everyone around him stinks.....he needs a better team....blah blah blah....if he is so great like the hype machine says why does he need that? Which is it? And it is not Wilson's fault that he has a good team around him.

I'm biased but I say Wilson, by a small margin. I think people hugely underestimate him when they give him negative points because of what kind of team he has. He does whatever is necessary to get the job done. If the hawks couldn't run as well he would play a little different game. I think he does a few things a little better than Luck, makes less bad decisions, is a better runner and scrambler and thrower on the run, so I give him a slight advantage. I also think he would be better on a bad team than Luck by a small margin.

Russell Wilson does every single thing you would ever want a QB to do very, very well. In that respect, there is no one in the league like him, except perhaps Rodgers.