Wilson or Luck?

Mr. WEO

131 members have voted

1. 1. who do you take on your team right now?

• Wilson
    • Luck

Wilson is above average QB on a team with the best defense in the NFL, the best home-field advantage, and the most determined RB in the game. Most every pass play is play action. I would put 8 in the box and dare him to throw to one of the worst WR units in the NFL.

Luck has no running game and no defense. His OC is five downgrades from Bruce Arians and Pagano would be fired if he did not battle and survive cancer.

Both would make the Bills an 11 or 12 win team with this defense. Luck and an experienced Sammy might be a 13 win team.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wilson is above average QB on a team with the best defense in the NFL, the best home-field advantage, and the most determined RB in the game. Most every pass play is play action. I would put 8 in the box and dare him to throw to one of the worst WR units in the NFL.

Luck has no running game and no defense. His OC is five downgrades from Bruce Arians and Pagano would be fired if he did not battle and survive cancer.

Both would make the Bills an 11 or 12 win team with this defense. Luck and an experienced Sammy might be a 13 win team.

Agreed

Pagano is awful. Colts are always the sane team: soft, poorly coached, rely totally on the QB

All things being equal Luck is a better QB so I take him. As I feel Luck would have the same success Wilson has had in Seattle if he was part of that team or arguably more whereas I don't think Wilson bring the same success he's had in Indy. Yet that's why they say the draft doesn't end after Round 1 because what makes Wilson so valuable is he wasn't a 1st Round pick for the Seahawks which let them get better defensive players in the picks before getting Wilson.

wilson needs a strong running game. We don't have one. Luck has no OL or running game. Nor does he have a defense. Put him

On the bills and he makes all the throws Orton doesn't plus has mobility.

It was abundantly clear yesterday that Luck needs a strong running game.

One is always in the bottom 3 of average passing yards a game for each season......that's a game manager not a franchise QB

So Wilson is not franchise QB?

Wow. Crayonz indeed.

I would take Ralph Wilson over Andrew Luck. Russell is a no brainer.

OK I'm kidding a little about the Ralph part but Luck does not need a running game or a defense really. He needs the hype game and that is what he has. His record stinks out loud and if he were in a tough division we'd be at the "What's wrong with Andrew Luck" stage of the media meltdown, soon to be followed by the "Why are Luck and Griffin both busts" finale.

They're actually very similar players.

Excellent athletes, natural passers, good leaders, playing behind atrocious OLs, etc.

I default to Luck for 2 reasons:

1. Size. He's such a good athlete that it gets lost how huge he is...6'4" 245 lbs. I think that'll make him more durable in the long run.

2. I find it amazing how well he's played without the benefit of (a) great coaching (except for his rookie season with Arians), (b) any type of running game, and © zero defense to give him the benefit of shortened fields like Wilson does.

Tougher choice than if have thought though...good thread WEO

I think one reason Luck has so many turnovers is that Indy runs a very aggressive offense (which is not what Pep Hamilton ran at Stanford, but he has had to change due to lack of run game and D.) Luck is asked to, and forced to, take a ton of chances and carry his team nearly every week. It's pretty much the other end of the spectrum from Wilson, though he is a fine QB in his own right. For the way our team is currently structured I would give Luck a better chance of winning here due to what we have seen from both this far.

Edited by YoloinOhio

This.

When Russell Wilson actually has to carry a team with his abilities, then this will be a discussion. I do not know if he will be able to or not, because, up until this point he hasn't had to. Until then, IMO, Luck is hands down the better quarterback.