Jacquies Smith

So I'm reading the Tampa Bay Times sports section and they have an article on Jacquies Smith, a DE with six sacks who was picked up on waivers after the season opener. He had two sacks against the Lions and is looking to be a "double digit sack guy" this season. Then I read he was picked up on waivers from the Bills! Is that right? Does anybody remember this guy? I don't. It says something about our talent level when a Bills reject can approach double digit sack numbers. Too bad he didn't play offensive guard.

I don't remember him at all but it looks like he was one of the final cuts prior to the 2014 season.

Wikipedia and ESPN shows that the Bills signed him in December 2013 to a Reserve/Futures contract

ESPN transaction log shows he was waived on Sept 8 (which is weird because that would mean he was on the opening day roster).

The problem is that the Bills site does not show any transactions with his name in 2014.

Strange.

I don't remember him at all but it looks like he was one of the final cuts prior to the 2014 season.

Wikipedia and ESPN shows that the Bills signed him in December 2013 to a Reserve/Futures contract

ESPN transaction log shows he was waived on Sept 8 (which is weird because that would mean he was on the opening day roster).

The problem is that the Bills site does not show any transactions with his name in 2014.

Strange.

Was he the dude we got to keep extra because of Bradham? Remember we got 54 for the opener.

Between Mario, Dareus, Hughes, Manny, KW, and the rest of the rotation on the DL sometimes you have to make tough decisions.

Now if he was a QB or OG I would be upset by this. We are a tough team as an unnotable FA to get a look on the DL.

How can you fools not remember him? I definitely remember him, I remember him on par with guys like Cohen who also looked good. I kept an eye on the DE's because I thought we were going to be thin at that position in the beginning of the year...

And he definitely looked good, I did not want him to leave.

How can you fools not remember him? I definitely remember him, I remember him on par with guys like Cohen who also looked good. I kept an eye on the DE's because I thought we were going to be thin at that position in the beginning of the year...

Isn't he the one who got in the fight in camp with (was it?) Eric Wood?

He was ballin for the Bills. Got caught in the numbers game.

Pretty sure everyone so far except the OP has - fools?

I really thought this thread was a joke. He reminded me of a slightly more blockable Hughes. I was super impressed and though he was going to make it over Jarius Wynn. I wish yall never brought up Landon Cohen. That wound just healed