Conflict Between Bills' Front Office and Marrone?

26CornerBlitz

• Replies 436
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's simply not true, because if the Bills had beat the Steelers "backup players" they are 100% in the playoffs, as they were already 9-6.

What I am saying is this is the first time since then they have been in the discussion this late in the year.

That is how bad it has been around here and for this team.

Marrone took over a team with the longest drought in the nfl. It should come as no surprise to anyone that this is a process without immediate results.

I was fine with circle's 100+ performance. He's closing in on 1,000! And he's only a rookie!

We should be going circle like 2 drop backs out of 3.

Wait a minute, I thought that circle was mostly an X. Then again, if you place that X in a circle?

GO BILLS!!!

Doug deserves the chance of three years. Any thing less is un fair to his staff and the growth potential. Rome wasn't built in a day. He got the coaching for the "D" and now we have to allow him to get the "O" in gear. Don't be so harsh on the guy. He really cares.

John, we have already established that I am an idiot that can't read. I miss read the article. Can I get on put probation for self deprecation?

I apologize if you think that I was harranguing you. That wasn't my intention. My response was to your response to me. I didn't read all the other follow up posts on that issue. So it might seem to you that I am stacking up on you after the fact of your acknowledgement but I am not. :thumbsup:

I apologize if you think that I was harranguing you. That wasn't my intention. My response was to your response to me. I didn't read all the other follow up posts on that issue. So it might seem to you that I am stacking up on you after the fact of your acknowledgement but I am not. :thumbsup:

I did think you were haranguing me, we're good.

being mathematically alive does not make them relevant. Beating mediocre teams like KC at home, beating team's like GB and NE* and getting into the playoffs makes them relevant.

we have, in fact, been mathematically alive quite a few times in early december. probably even a few in mid december too.

granted, much like today they were long shots but....

Honestly, I don't care about how they end up. I'm of the opinion that they are winning in spite of him (ie, because of the defense, of which he is hands off) and he needs to be fired regardless. The defense has gotten better. The offense has gotten worse. With arguably better players. He's an offensive coach. Fire this clown into the sun.

This is exactly the boat I am in. Considering his role as an Offensive minded coach, after this season you have to look at it like this:

Did you make the playoffs in your first two seasons? No.

Okay, well is our team better in your specialty area? No.

Is it because of a poor roster, or truly extenuating circumstances? No.

Well, what exactly DID you do?

The answer to that last question is how you make your decision. If Marone truly made an overall impact in player morale that resulted in his 8-8 season, then MAYBE he deserves to be kept. There is no way, however the offensive coordinator can be retained with his answers all being "no," and having done nothing to improve his side of the ball.

Looking at this any other way is not pragmatic, and just makes excuses in place of results.

This is exactly the boat I am in. Considering his role as an Offensive minded coach, after this season you have to look at it like this:

Did you make the playoffs in your first two seasons? No.

Okay, well is our team better in your specialty area? No.

Is it because of a poor roster, or truly extenuating circumstances? No.

Well, what exactly DID you do?

The answer to that last question is how you make your decision. If Marone truly made an overall impact in player morale that resulted in his 8-8 season, then MAYBE he deserves to be kept. There is no way, however the offensive coordinator can be retained with his answers all being "no," and having done nothing to improve his side of the ball.

Looking at this any other way is not pragmatic, and just makes excuses in place of results.

"Don't confuse effort with results" - Bills Head Coach Doug Marrone

Doug deserves the chance of three years. Any thing less is un fair to his staff and the growth potential. Rome wasn't built in a day. He got the coaching for the "D" and now we have to allow him to get the "O" in gear. Don't be so harsh on the guy. He really cares.

Doug deserves no such thing. As a Bills fan, I'm infuriated at Marrone for not throwing the ball downfield in games when they KNOW they have to score a few touchdowns.

He does not have the balls to be a head coach in the NFL because he is literally more afraid of interceptions than giving his team a legitimate chance to beat the good teams.

There is no fixing a timid coach. The Bills did him a huge favor picking him as their head coach since he came from an average win team at a near invisible collegiate football program.

Doug deserves no such thing. As a Bills fan, I'm infuriated at Marrone for not throwing the ball downfield in games when they KNOW they have to score a few touchdowns.

He does not have the balls to be a head coach in the NFL because he is literally more afraid of interceptions than giving his team a legitimate chance to beat the good teams.

There is no fixing a timid coach. The Bills did him a huge favor picking him as their head coach since he came from an average win team at a near invisible collegiate football program.

This is a really difficult post to dispute.

I will say that if he shows the balls necessary to jettison the piece of crap OC he brought with him from the Big East, and replaces him with an OC with proven NFL success, that I believe he should get another year.

But if his stubbornness and loyalty to Hackett somehow lead him to keeping it "same as it ever was," then it's time to go. I just want Schwartz to stay as DC and Hackett to go. I seriously don't give a crap about Marrone.

I am going to say , keep them all.

Pegulas peeps should review the plan thoroughly and have milestones. Since Pegula is the new owner next season is to define his/her method of ownership.

If it cannot be adhered to then clear actions will be taken. Its the same in business. Define the goals and how they will be achieved , note all the potential risk and potential deviations. With and answer to said transgression to return to track the goal .

I think the last two years have been a bit helter skelter for more than one reason. But the Ralph Wilson thing and the transition has probably been significantly emotional for all involved. Now that Terry and Kim have the reins , i would like to think another year will be granted to the staff in general.

That does not mean that Pegulas should not be making future plans whilst searching for opportunities to upgrade.

I dont think the dust has really settled since the Ownership change and all that lead up to it.

Lets not hurry into yet another rebuild please

Maybe he cares but we need a miracle worker. Marrone was a standard 50th rated college coach. If he believes his OC is adequate then he shouldn't be coaching.

We beat Detroit because of multiple missed FGs.

Here we go again ...

Kyle gift wrapped a TD to the Lions by putting a pass right in the DBs gut at our end of the field (7). Carpenter missed 1 FG (3).

Lions FG kicker missed 3 FGs (9).

We gave them 10, they gave us 9.

10-9 = 1 and we won 3.

This is a really difficult post to dispute.

I will say that if he shows the balls necessary to jettison the piece of crap OC he brought with him from the Big East, and replaces him with an OC with proven NFL success, that I believe he should get another year.

But if his stubbornness and loyalty to Hackett somehow lead him to keeping it "same as it ever was," then it's time to go. I just want Schwartz to stay as DC and Hackett to go. I seriously don't give a crap about Marrone.

OK I don't have All-22, but I continue to read there are plays all over the field to be made if the QB throws to the right receiver. I also see some form of the bolded text above. Sometime from the same posters. How can, on one hand, you complain that there are plays to be made all over the field then, on the other, complain Hackett is not doing his job correctly?

If the QB is not able to get the ball to players that are open how can you blame the OC? Sure I guess you can complain about the way they run the ball, but again, the line isn't built for finesse ... Its was built for size and power(which they also are not good at).

I am not defending Hackett ... I am asking about the disparity of the arguments being laid out.

Edited by A Dog Named Kelso