Conflict Between Bills' Front Office and Marrone?

26CornerBlitz

Records in the AFC are completely skewed because you have the 4 worst teams in the league: Jets, Titans, Jags, and Raiders.

I'd also ad the records in the AFCN are skewed because of their season-long feast on teams in the NFCS.

GO BILLS!!!

• Replies 436
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How'd we do against them? NE is the only really Good team of the 3 and we lost. At home. We also lost to KC, at home. We beat Detroit because of multiple missed FGs. My original point is very valid whether you want to accept it or not.

You said NE is one of our toughest games but we already played NE. We also played many of the top defenses in the beginning of the year. Your argument is so not valid. It's actually ridiculous.

So we beat Detroit but it's a moral loss cause they missed a couple FG's, but when we lose we get no credit? We should probably take away the Bears game too cause Cutler made a few mistakes. And imagine the Jets game without the 6 TO's? We probably drop that one too. Lordy, we're really 0-13 playing GB this weekend.

Edited by FireChan

I think you would expect the business/fan relations arm of the organization to talk. Ted Black is great. He comes across as an everyman, takes lumps when the team does poorly and speaks respectfully to callers, and is careful to speak to the hockey matters as if he is completely separate.

Russ Brandon is robotic and not likeable at all (at least to me). It always seems like he is spinning BS, never takes any callers or comments and hosts on WGR never, ever take him to task or press him on anything. He also isnt afraid to candidly speak in detail about football matters. If anything, him speaking is bad for the Bills. I rarely like what he has to say, his pointing the finger at fans for "manufactured" sellouts (despite his marketing genius), December games more than 20 years ago before internet, etc... Just say it Russ... you guys need to figure out the "magic" to win games.

Arizona is a funny comparison. A team that managed to grab a QB in Kurt Warner without witchcraft and had a few good seasons and an NFC Championship. Fell on a few hard years, worse than the Bills. Then magically emerges and surpasses the Bills again, who seem to be stuck in the mud forever. There are teams left and right I see do this over and over. I remember when Seattle and Denver were better, then worse, then better. Tennessee a few times, NY Giants, Cincy.

I just dont know what element of this organization prevents the team from getting out of mud. There is something. Its not normal, and no. This season feels no different to me. Seasons always provide "if we only had X, Y, and Z", and "wow, they should have beat X, but Y."

Edited by May Day 10

Records in the AFC are completely skewed because you have the 4 worst teams in the league: Jets, Titans, Jags, and Raiders.

Washington and Tampa say hey.

How'd we do against them? NE is the only really Good team of the 3 and we lost. At home. We also lost to KC, at home. We beat Detroit because of multiple missed FGs. My original point is very valid whether you want to accept it or not.

Same reason that Ted Black has a weekly show. Both are good interviews and interact well with fans.

You think Detroit isn't good, huh?

We also missed a FG in that game (laser pointer). Tired of naysayers excusing Detroit's loss.

We lost to KC because of a fumble. Does that count?

In the interview, Marrone repeated several times that the deep stuff became available because the Broncos jumped the underneath routes and that was unlike anything they saw from 12 weeks worth of film.

Translation: the guy with the !@#$ing ball in his hands has to react and make a play.

Or it means yet again, the opposition threw something at the Bills coaching staff for which they didn't have an answer until the 4th quarter?

Doug Marrone slaps Bills fans in the face with his buffoonery every week yet we have people on here saying "he's not so bad". This is crazy. Are we that jaded after 14 years of this crap?

As for Russ Brandon and how he's good at "the business side of things". Does anyone have an example of that? Was it hiring the Gangnam Style singer for half-time entertainment? The Bills used to be the successful small-market punchline of the NFL. Under his watch, they've become the small-market punchline of the NFL. Newsflash: The Bills are like heroin to their fans. They sell themselves. There's not one thing he's done that has brought in one more fan to RWS (selling inventory, as he likes to call it) or sold one more jersey. Or added one more user to this forum for that matter. The guy is as slimy as they come. I feel like I need a shower after listening to his radio spots on WGR.

Coaches like Belichick and Fox must laugh at him knowing that the Bills have no shot in the game if they don't throw the ball deep to their WRs and Marrone doesn't throw the ball deep. It's McCarthy's turn to laugh at Marrone with the Packers and Aaron Rogers.

It's embarrassing when your head coach doesn't try even to win the games against the best teams, but rather he tries to keep the score close enough for something weird to happen and they somehow win through defense and sheer luck. I feel like asking him 'why did you want to be an NFL head coach?'. Was it your dream to reach the top of your profession only to go into a turtle shell and not reach for the brass ring when you face the best of the best?

The Bills will have no shot to win this game if they don't score at least 24 points. Just like in the Pats and Broncos games. That means they have throw the ball deep more than 3 times. They must throw it deep around 10-15 times so that there is the chance they will get multiple touchdowns from big plays. So let's see what the scaredy-cat, afraid of his own shadow Doug Marrone does.

Even if they win this game I'm done with Marrone, the guy's game plans are so pathetic. The Bills desperately need a guy who knows how to work with QBs and NFL offenses. I've been thinking of what hiring <gasp>...Norv Turner might do for this team! LOL Crazy as that sounds, if anyone could solve the QB issue and develop Manuel or another rookie QB, it's him. Hire Norv, maybe even make a creative trade offer to the Niners for Kaepernick.

Edited by 1billsfan

Say the lose this week and are eliminated at 7-7. You see no difference from being eliminated at 5-9 like they were last year?

Honestly, I don't care about how they end up. I'm of the opinion that they are winning in spite of him (ie, because of the defense, of which he is hands off) and he needs to be fired regardless. The defense has gotten better. The offense has gotten worse. With arguably better players. He's an offensive coach. Fire this clown into the sun.

You said NE is one of our toughest games but we already played NE. We also played many of the top defenses in the beginning of the year. Your argument is so not valid. It's actually ridiculous.

So we beat Detroit but it's a moral loss cause they missed a couple FG's, but when we lose we get no credit? We should probably take away the Bears game too cause Cutler made a few mistakes. And imagine the Jets game without the 6 TO's? We probably drop that one too. Lordy, we're really 0-13 playing GB this weekend.

OK. Use logic for a minute and look at my point.

And give me some leeway here for a minute because I know a bunch of you think we are the best team in the world and won't lose. But, play along.

I am assuming that we will lose to NE and GB (because I believe they are superior teams. Sure, its possible we might win, but play along_. I am also assuming we beat Oakland (because I believe they are an inferior team. Sure, we could lose, they play well at home lately. But again, play along.

Assuming we finish at 8-8. Now, flip flop the dates of the NE, GB and Denver games with the Jets (2 games) and Browns game. We would have entered December with the same exact team but a record of 4-8 instead of 7-5. The point I am making is that this team is mediocre. They are not "Relevant" as someone stated earlier. Though they are not mathematically eliminated, most rational people don't realistically believe they have a chance to make the playoffs. They benefitted from the schedule layout. In fact, the layout of the schedule might save Doug Marrone's job. If they would have gotten to Dec 1 at 4-8 with some ugly losses, Dougy could have already been fired.

In any event, carry on with your plans for watching the Bills in the playoffs. You should invite Santa Claus and the Tooth Fairy to your playoff party.

He has a regularly scheduled weekly segment.

Thanks, 26. You are always on top of your game around here. Sounds like he had a pre-existing agreement with the station to make that weekly appearance. When is Brandon on? Do you know if Doug Whaley has a regular spot as well? Thanks.

GO BILLS!!!

OK. Use logic for a minute and look at my point.

And give me some leeway here for a minute because I know a bunch of you think we are the best team in the world and won't lose. But, play along.

I am assuming that we will lose to NE and GB (because I believe they are superior teams. Sure, its possible we might win, but play along_. I am also assuming we beat Oakland (because I believe they are an inferior team. Sure, we could lose, they play well at home lately. But again, play along.

Assuming we finish at 8-8. Now, flip flop the dates of the NE, GB and Denver games with the Jets (2 games) and Browns game. We would have entered December with the same exact team but a record of 4-8 instead of 7-5. The point I am making is that this team is mediocre. They are not "Relevant" as someone stated earlier. Though they are not mathematically eliminated, most rational people don't realistically believe they have a chance to make the playoffs. They benefitted from the schedule layout. In fact, the layout of the schedule might save Doug Marrone's job. If they would have gotten to Dec 1 at 4-8 with some ugly losses, Dougy could have already been fired.

In any event, carry on with your plans for watching the Bills in the playoffs. You should invite Santa Claus and the Tooth Fairy to your playoff party.

But why? What's your end-game here? Can't I play your argument in reverse for 2013, say we played good teams early and bad teams late, and we would've been relevant if the schedule was different?

Can't I say switch GB and NE with DET and KC and we'd think we "have no rational shot at making the playoffs?" Even though we'd be a fumble away?

You can spin it any way you want. Nothing is going to change by going out of your way to tear the team down with strange hypotheticals. You think Dougy sucks and want him fired that bad, you should start a petition.

Edited by FireChan

Thanks, 26. You are always on top of your game around here. Sounds like he had a pre-existing agreement with the station to make that weekly appearance. When is Brandon on? Do you know if Doug Whaley has a regular spot as well? Thanks.

GO BILLS!!!

It's either Wednesdays or Thursdays contingent upon his availability. Whaley doesn't have a regularly scheduled segment, but has been on in lieu of Brandon on a couple of occasions.

But why? What's your end-game here? Can't I play your argument in reverse for 2013, say we played good teams early and bad teams late, and we would've been relevant if the schedule was different?

Can't I say switch GB and NE with DET and KC and we'd think we "have no rational shot at making the playoffs?" Even though we'd be a fumble away?

Yes, that's the point. The layout of the schedule leads to the perceived "relevance".

Or it means yet again, the opposition threw something at the Bills coaching staff for which they didn't have an answer until the 4th quarter?

The All 22 doesn't indicate that. When you have guys open, it's up to the QB to find them. We had guys running open throughout the game, not just in the 4th quarter. And speaking of the opposition, when Denver started jumping on the short stuff and their LBs started biting on the play action, Orton could have feasted, especially in the middle of the field where he often seems to have an aversion to throwing the ball. Just too many missed opportunities for me to say it's not the QB more than any other single factor.

GO BILLS!!!

More relevant than they have been since the Steelers game. So more relevant than they have been in 9 years.

Yes they are the 11th seed but after this weekend could move up to the 6th seed. This is a very strange season where there are only 4 teams with a losing record in the AFC. Just last year the Bills would be all alone in 6th place by a game with the same 7-6 record.

That's simply not true, because if the Bills had beat the Steelers "backup players" they are 100% in the playoffs, as they were already 9-6. The Bills playoff hopes were crushed by a backup RB by the name of Willie Parker who rushed for 102 yards on 19 carries, and stole the show. Tommy Maddox the Steeler QB. :sick:

This years team needs to beat the two best teams in the NFL in Green Bay at Buffalo, New England IN New England, and beat Oakland at Oakland. So, to even have a chance to get a playoff spot this years team needs to finish 10-6. Should the Bills lose to Green Bay they will probably be eliminated.

They currently have a .02 to 4.5% chance to make the playoffs. :bag: