Conflict Between Bills' Front Office and Marrone?

26CornerBlitz

• Replies 436
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Doug Marrone slaps Bills fans in the face with his buffoonery every week yet we have people on here saying "he's not so bad". This is crazy. Are we that jaded after 14 years of this crap?

As for Russ Brandon and how he's good at "the business side of things". Does anyone have an example of that? Was it hiring the Gangnam Style singer for half-time entertainment? The Bills used to be the successful small-market punchline of the NFL. Under his watch, they've become the small-market punchline of the NFL. Newsflash: The Bills are like heroin to their fans. They sell themselves. There's not one thing he's done that has brought in one more fan to RWS (selling inventory, as he likes to call it) or sold one more jersey. Or added one more user to this forum for that matter. The guy is as slimy as they come. I feel like I need a shower after listening to his radio spots on WGR.

So no you don't see how dumb it is.

The Bills are relevant in December for the first time in a decade but this coach gets no credit for it :rolleyes:

being mathematically alive does not make them relevant. Beating mediocre teams like KC at home, beating team's like GB and NE* and getting into the playoffs makes them relevant. Edited by Maddog69

So no you don't see how dumb it is.

The Bills are relevant in December for the first time in a decade but this coach gets no credit for it :rolleyes:

How relevant are they with the 11th seed, and a minuscule chance of making the playoffs?

A lot of us see this as a lost season for various reasons (line, coaching, play calling, players). A championship defense with a very bad offense that should have been corrected last year.

The Bills could have been competing for the playoffs last year with better offensive player decisions, coaches. This year was like going with George Edwards two years in a row on defense, and whats in store for next year should the Bills hire another total scrub as OC?

being mathematically alive does not make them relevant. Beating team's like GB and NE* and getting into the playoffs makes them relevant.

I feel like people forget what the last 15 years have been like. Usually November is when we are talking about all of the scenarios that need to break right for the Bills and then December is when the discussion turns to whether or not tanking for a draft pick is the way to go.

Here it is December 12th. The Bills are about to host the best team in the NFL and pundits are actually picking the Bills to win. Not only that but the Bills are still in the playoff discussion.

These are the Buffalo freaking Bills! The laughingstock of the NFL for 15 years! They aren't anymore but somehow Marrone gets no credit. I can't for the life of me understand that.

being mathematically alive does not make them relevant. Beating mediocre teams like KC at home, beating team's like GB and NE* and getting into the playoffs makes them relevant.

Think of it this way. You think they were relevant because they were 7-5 heading into December?

How would you feel if their schedule had simply been rearranged so that their 3 toughest games were earlier in the year instead of December and we came to December at 5-7? I'm sure you'd feel differently than you do now?

The Bills relevancy is only because of the way the schedule was structured.

But I'm sure you would have been all giddy when they won 3 of the last 4 games against cream puffs to finish 8-8.

Edited by Maddog69

being mathematically alive does not make them relevant. Beating mediocre teams like KC at home, beating team's like GB and NE* and getting into the playoffs makes them relevant.

I'm genuinely curious how willing you'll be to reconsider these assertions if the Bills pull off a win Sunday.

Think of it this way. You think they were relevant because they were 7-5 heading into December?

How would you feel if their schedule had simply been rearranged so that their 3 toughest games were earlier in the year instead of December and we came to December at 5-7? I'm sure you'd feel differently than you do now?

The Bills relevancy is only because of the way the schedule was structured.

But I'm sure you would have been all giddy when they won 3 of the last 4 games against cream puffs to finish 8-8.

I didn't realize NE, Detroit, and KC were "creampuff" games. Those were all at the beginning of the year though. So they don't fit your nonsensical argument.

Edited by FireChan

Doug Marrone slaps Bills fans in the face with his buffoonery every week yet we have people on here saying "he's not so bad". This is crazy. Are we that jaded after 14 years of this crap?

As for Russ Brandon and how he's good at "the business side of things". Does anyone have an example of that? Was it hiring the Gangnam Style singer for half-time entertainment? The Bills used to be the successful small-market punchline of the NFL. Under his watch, they've become the small-market punchline of the NFL. Newsflash: The Bills are like heroin to their fans. They sell themselves. There's not one thing he's done that has brought in one more fan to RWS (selling inventory, as he likes to call it) or sold one more jersey. Or added one more user to this forum for that matter. The guy is as slimy as they come. I feel like I need a shower after listening to his radio spots on WGR.

Could you kindly explain why a guy that doesn't have or want anything to do with the "football side" of a football organization is talking on a Sports Radio station?

Hey any of you guys see Sully's article about because of Whaley the Bills are relevant, but because of Marrone they are equally irrelevant.

I love Friday, have the Christmas Boat Parade tonight, Christmas Parade and a couple of parties tomorrow night. Then Bills, Packers on Sunday with my brother. He will rant against Whaley, Marrone, Hackett, Orton and EJ. I will as always try and be the voice of reason and blame Ralph for the state of the Bills, but in the same breath thank him. So that is why I love this site, I feel at home.

How relevant are they with the 11th seed, and a minuscule chance of making the playoffs?

More relevant than they have been since the Steelers game. So more relevant than they have been in 9 years.

Yes they are the 11th seed but after this weekend could move up to the 6th seed. This is a very strange season where there are only 4 teams with a losing record in the AFC. Just last year the Bills would be all alone in 6th place by a game with the same 7-6 record.

I didn't realize NE, Detroit, and KC were "creampuff" games. Those were all at the beginning of the year though. So they don't fit your nonsensical argument.

How'd we do against them? NE is the only really Good team of the 3 and we lost. At home. We also lost to KC, at home. We beat Detroit because of multiple missed FGs. My original point is very valid whether you want to accept it or not.

Could you kindly explain why a guy that doesn't have or want anything to do with the "football side" of a football organization is talking on a Sports Radio station?

Same reason that Ted Black has a weekly show. Both are good interviews and interact well with fans.

The Bills weren't eliminated until December 15th last year, technically. They could be eliminated this Sunday (December 12).

That's not a good argument.

Say the lose this week and are eliminated at 7-7. You see no difference from being eliminated at 5-9 like they were last year?

The last time I heard Brandon on WGR was last week when he talked about the cessation of the Toronto series, so that makes sense. Has he been on since? Perhaps he has a pre-existing contractual obligation with the station to appear? I don't know as I don't really listen that much. Might be a better question for WGR as to why he's on their station.

GO BILLS!!!

The last time I heard Brandon on WGR was last week when he talked about the cessation of the Toronto series, so that makes sense. Has he been on since? Perhaps he has a pre-existing contractual obligation with the station to appear? I don't know as I don't really listen that much. Might be a better question for WGR as to why he's on their station.

GO BILLS!!!

He has a regularly scheduled weekly segment.