EJ fans read this.

Kellyto83TD

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Until he can hit open receivers. Or lead them with throws. He will never play. Seems like such a good person . I hope he gets it. Have my doubts though. I think this staff screwed with him too much. Too many thoughts on mechanics clouding his head. Just let him throw the damn ball.

Even still, if you were to compare them Orton is way better. EJ mind doesn't process and you can see it...then he throws bad balls constantly. Orton's mind processes it a good deal of the time (although he has killed us on a some plays) and he is capable of placing a catchable ball.

Orton not being the best is no defense of EJ.

What did Orton look like when he had 14 games under his belt?

Not because of Orton - who completed only 51% of his passes for 9 TDs, 13 INTs, and a 59 QB Rating....

11-5 though.

I'm all for EJ starting if we go 11-5 and make the post season. He doesn't even need to complete a pass for all I care.

Edited by FireChan

11-5 though.

I'm all for EJ starting if we go 11-5 and make the post season. He doesn't even need to complete a pass for all I care.

To do that you need Jackson and Spiller playing lights out. Jackson is just back from injury and Spiller is still recovering. I don't see it happen

crusader.jpg

Crusader, crusader, please take me with you

The battle lies far to the east

Crusader, crusader, don't leave me alone

I want to ride out on your quest

I'm waiting, I'm waiting, to stand by your side

To fight with you over the sea

They're calling, they're calling, I have to be there

The holy land has to be free

Bears were 11-5 and went to the playoffs during Orton's rookie season.

Overall, the Bears had a record of 10-5 in games that Orton started, including an eight-game winning streak after a 1-3 start. Despite the team's success, Orton finished with the lowest quarterback rating in the NFL (59.7) among all "qualified" quarterbacks (those with 224+ pass attempts).[

Bears were 11-5 and went to the playoffs during Orton's rookie season.

EJ Manuel has a quarterback rating of 80.3 through four games.

Maybe, just maybe, it was the team in Chicago and not Orton. We aren't making the playoffs with Orton. We will NEVER make the playoffs with Orton. EJ needs the reps and experience.

11-5 though.

Who are you trying to kid?. If this team went 11-5 with EJ compiling the exact same stats Orton did in his rookie year, and then lost their first playoff game - you would be leading the charge to have him replaced..screaming, "This team would be Super Bowl champions if they had a competent QB!"

I never understood why fans actually root for players on their team to fail. That makes absolutely no sense to me.

I think some of it goes to what college he attended. There is a lot of pure venomous hatred in some people for players from their school's arch rivals.

Who are you trying to kid?. If this team went 11-5 with EJ compiling the exact same stats Orton did in his rookie year, and then lost their first playoff game - you would be leading the charge to have him replaced..screaming, "This team would be Super Bowl champions if they had a competent QB!"

Maybe in the offseason. But not during the regular season.

And EJ isn't a spread option QB...of course you would have to know something about EJ to know that, but you don't, you just blindly hate him and actually have no idea what you are talking about.

EJ is a QB who CAN run, RG3 is a QB who DOES run. There is a vast difference, but you would have to understand what a QB is and based on many of the QB posts you make, I don't think you understand the position or how to differentiate one from the other.

Steve Young, Alex Smith, John Elway, Donovan McNabb...these are guys who could run. Vick, RG3, Wilson, Kap, Cunningham...these are guys who DO run as part of their attack. EJ is in the mold of style as Young, McNabb, Elway, Smith are (NO, NOT COMPARING TALENT, ACCOMPLISHMENTS, ETC JUST CATEGORY OF TYPE OF RUN STYLE) where they are a threat to run and scramble out of pressure and for yardage if need be, but aren't very often looking to run first. RG3 is a guy who's game features the read option prominently and looks to run to do damage.

So you've already shown what little you know about either EJ or the QB position or both...so pretty much anything else you say on the matter has little to no merit and you should just leave it be already as he's on the bench already.

It was reported that EJ, coming into the draft was the best read option QB in that year. This seemed to be a general consensus. It was also discussed that this was a signficant reason he moved up the charts and that the Bills selected him.

So I disagree with your statement.

It was reported that EJ, coming into the draft was the best read option QB in that year. This seemed to be a general consensus. It was also discussed that this was a signficant reason he moved up the charts and that the Bills selected him.

So I disagree with your statement.

Media reports don't decide a players play style. Just because his college offense may have included such plays, doesn't make it his style of play. He actually didn't run that much in college and isn't running that much in the pros. So, his actually play style says otherwise. In fact, his style of play in college was contradictory to his labels coming out of college and it was talked about a lot. Even on this board, once the rumors came out about how we might be high on him pre draft, there was lots of debate on here about whether he was actually an option QB or not because he was not that big of a runner in college.

At the end of the day, he is not, and never has been, an option QB in the likes of an RG3, Vick, Wilson, etc. Not in college or the pros. In fact, here are his college rushing stats to prove just how much he is NOT like an option QB.

Career rushing Avg: 2.8 yards

Rushing Yards per season: 196, 170, 151, and 310 (206 average even though he only had one year over 200)

Rushing TDs over 4 seasons: 11

That is not the resume of a running option QB. He is a guy who can run, but isn't a guy where the run game is a major part of his game like an RG3.

So no offense, you can disagree because of some mislabeling by the media, but facts are facts. He has never at any point of any stage of his career been a running QB.

Edited by Alphadawg7

Overall, the Bears had a record of 10-5 in games that Orton started, including an eight-game winning streak after a 1-3 start. Despite the team's success, Orton finished with the lowest quarterback rating in the NFL (59.7) among all "qualified" quarterbacks (those with 224+ pass attempts).[

EJ Manuel has a quarterback rating of 80.3 through four games.

Maybe, just maybe, it was the team in Chicago and not Orton. We aren't making the playoffs with Orton. We will NEVER make the playoffs with Orton. EJ needs the reps and experience.

Why are we talking about stats from years ago when we have Orton's stats from this year.

He's 16th in the NFL in QB Rating with a 92. We're one game out of the playoffs. He stays in until the Bills are mathematically eliminated.

EJ is never going to be a Super Bowl capable qb. No mojo. Terrible field awareness.Slow passing motion.

No mojo? LOL The guy is one of the very few QBs to have ever won 4 bowl games in college. Will Manuel ever be an elite QB? Probably not. Does he still have the reachable ceiling to get to a "Joe Flacco" level and win them a Superbowl with a great defense and running game? Yes.

Bills fans need to stop pining away for an elite QB, because that's not going to happen. That's like hitting the lottery and the Bills already hit it once with Jim Kelly. Yet even with Kelly at his greatest, the Bills still lost the Superbowl against a Giant team with Jeff Hostetler as their starting QB. Heck, an above average QB Russell Wilson beat one of the greatest QBs of all time in Peyton Manning because the Seahawks were the better "team". Eli Manning beat Aaron Rodgers at Green Bay in the playoffs and he beat Tom Brady twice in the Superbowl. Football isn't always about the QB when it comes playoff/Superbowl time. It is about who is on a roll much more than the QB.

I do favor bringing in competition for Orton and Manuel, but to write off a 2-3 year project like Manuel is just plain silly.