GoFundMe for Darryl Talley (Update 7/12- Bills Hire Darryl)

• Replies 392
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 months later...

Just a little good news update:

Courtesy of my friend, James Murphy Tinsley, here is a pic of Darryl Talley at this weekend's WVU Spring Game.

Glad to see him looking so good and so happy.

DarrylTalley.jpg

Just curious, has Darryl gotten his situation in order so he won't end up in trouble again? I know he probably can't work much but someone of his stature could do signings and make appearances to get by, right? Edited by PromoTheRobot

Just curious, has Darryl gotten his situation in order so he won't end up in trouble again? I know he probably can't work much but someone of his stature could do signings and make appearances to get by, right?

From what the Talley's have told me that is what he is doing, which is great news. As an aside, when the fund was going on a very credible source told me that the Bills would be reaching out to him at some point. I really hope that still happens.

• 2 months later...

http://bills.buffalonews.com/2015/07/11/treatment-helps-darryl-talley-to-bounce-back/

1st in a series of Buffalo News stories by Janine Talley.

Frank -- thanks again for taking action. You made a difference in the life of one of our favorite franchise's greatest players.

The Pegula's appear to be much more than big money owners, they are a family that understands Western New York and want to lift an entire community out of a 45 year funk.

Finally, I am happy to inform that the Bills, under new ownership, reached out to Darryl in April, offering an ambassadorship. Darryl proudly accepted and is thrilled to be a part of the organization again. The Bills have no idea how much that gesture gave Darryl a sense of purpose again.

http://bills.buffalonews.com/2015/07/11/treatment-helps-darryl-talley-to-bounce-back/

This is what many fans have been advocating for a while.

Frank -- thanks again for taking action. You made a difference in the life of one of our favorite franchise's greatest players.

The Pegula's appear to be much more than big money owners, they are a family that understands Western New York and want to lift an entire community out of a 45 year funk.

Great to hear Darryl is doing better and getting his life back in order. Your right about the Pegulas they just keep giving and giving.

This is great to hear, and I think much of the thanks should go to Tim Graham for bringing this story to public consciousness. Yes, he was "doing his job", but an article about Jim Kelly or Bills roster moves would have been an easier one to write than the prying that it took to get the Talley story written, and he deserves recognition.

This is outstanding. I was thrilled that the money was going to help, but my bigger worry was that he was depressed being away from the game. I didn't think money could solve that. Viva El Pegual!!!

There are two types of depression, one is normal ("being out of work", "reading a post of DCTom", etc) and other is abnormal and needs to be treated. Depressed being away from the game being away from game is normal for it an adrenalin high but what Talley needed was realization that he needed to be treated for his issue, be willing to do so and funding to afford it.

This is great to hear, and I think much of the thanks should go to Tim Graham for bringing this story to public consciousness. Yes, he was "doing his job", but an article about Jim Kelly or Bills roster moves would have been an easier one to write than the prying that it took to get the Talley story written, and he deserves recognition.

Good point. This is a terrific story all around, under the bad circumstances.

Thanks, Joe. Just glad that I was able to play a small part in helping a great man get his life back together.

Near the end of the fund drive I was told by a very credible media source that Kim Pegula would be reaching out to Darryl and offering him the Ambassadorship. She wanted to wait because she didn't want to step on the great gesture made by the thousands of fans that gave to the fund.

That is the type of amazing ownership that we are blessed to have.