Fred Jackson: "Whitner Dumb and an Idiot"

26CornerBlitz

action has "always" spoke" louder than words, as Teddy R said years ago " speak softly and carry a big stick" next to a man's wallet, the best place to humble him is to take way his pride, beating the Browns will go a long way in both areas :thumbsup: talk will never change the final outcome of a game, scoring more points that the other team does

Boom :thumbsup:

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And that's why I always defend. He's always been an above average S and all he got from the majority of fans was crap. There were a lot of personal shots at the guy. I can understand some of his frustrations.

But the problem is when you lump all of Buffalo together. And the personal stuff with Talley is completely uncalled for. I'd love to see FJax truck him and Watkins to toast him a few times.

if you mean that some Bills fans gave him crap on twitter, he needs to be above that if he is going to have a twitter account as it's a small percentage of a fan base that chooses to do that. He had fans who tweeted at him similarly in SF as well as Cleveland. Most players get this kind of twitter crap and should either not read their mentions or not have an account at all if they are sensitive to it.

@mikerodak: Whitner on Jackson, via @PatMcManamon: “I will shake his hand. I don’t really care about words and personal feelings and things like that."

Edited by YoloinOhio

if you mean that some Bills fans gave him crap on twitter, he needs to be above that if he is going to have a twitter account as it's a small percentage of a fan base that chooses to do that. He had fans who tweeted at him similarly in SF as well as Cleveland. Most players get this vas should either not read their mentions or not have an account at all if they are sensitive to it.

I don't disagree with that but I kinda hate that reasoning. A lot of the people giving him crap are probably older than him, taking personal shots, over a player in a game.

Why do football players have to be more mature than regular "grown ups?" I just hate the cowards on twitter.

Whitner went way too far and I lost respect for him. But let's not pretend like a lot of Bills fans treated him with class.

I have high standards for us. I'd rather be considered a fanbase like the Packers than the Eagles.

And that's why I always defend. He's always been an above average S and all he got from the majority of fans was crap. There were a lot of personal shots at the guy. I can understand some of his frustrations.

But the problem is when you lump all of Buffalo together. And the personal stuff with Talley is completely uncalled for. I'd love to see FJax truck him and Watkins to toast him a few times.

I think a lot of it was where he was drafted (8th) and he never lived up to being that high of a draft picks expectations. Then like you said taking on the whole fan base, well thats never going to work out well for you...

that a boy Aaron! :nana:

It's funny because some Bills got into it with Williams in his 2nd year because they thought he was a "bust."

I think a lot of it was where he was drafted (8th) and he never lived up to being that high of a draft picks expectations. Then like you said taking on the whole fan base, well thats never going to work out well for you...

Agree 100%.

For those wondering, a recap of what happened over the summer.

Pretty classy to involve Tally's daughter.

classy Whitner.

Honestly how can a guy who almost single handedly lost a SB talk smack? Whitner got exploited by Flacco and the Ravens for being horrible at coverage.

Live with it Whitner. Be quite. You are an average player who came up small on the biggest stage of them all.

How can anyone talk down about a guy who had his name legally changed (or almost legally) to Hitner from Whitner. I think doing something like that shows how cool and self-aware someone is. It doesn't make him look like a freaking tool at all.

"WHIFFner" would've been more like it.

Not for nothing, but I heard Eric Wood on the Murphy show the other night...he said that he and Donte were "buddies".

What town do you live in? Whitner got as much, if not more **** as any player I can remember around here, even when he was wearing a Bills uniform.

.........And that was because......

Blah Blah Blah,Watch for the smile and handshake after the game between Whitner and Jackson.In a game between 2 non playoff teams this is the way they make the game interesting.

Browns are 7-4 and in the race for the playoffs. Bills still have a chance. Care to explain the comment?

I don't disagree with that but I kinda hate that reasoning. A lot of the people giving him crap are probably older than him, taking personal shots, over a player in a game.

Why do football players have to be more mature than regular "grown ups?" I just hate the cowards on twitter.

Whitner went way too far and I lost respect for him. But let's not pretend like a lot of Bills fans treated him with class.

I have high standards for us. I'd rather be considered a fanbase like the Packers than the Eagles.

the fact that fans do it is ridiculous, I agree. But all fan bases have a percentage that do, even the Packers. College fan bases are just as bad. And those are kids playing for free.

If the players open themselves up to the public on Twitter, they need to be mature enough to handle it. If they can't, or don't want the distraction, they should not have an account or not read their mentions/replies.

Donte Whitner doesn't back off talk

Whitner didn't relent Wednesday.

"I didn't say anything really too disrespectful," he said. "Anybody else that I was talking to, they were cursing and going back and forth. Maybe you should take that up with them.

"[The Toronto Bills comment] wasn't excessive. It wasn't a joke. I knew that it would get to them. I knew it would ruffle a feather. If they're over there talking about this, maybe we are in their heads. Maybe I'm in their heads. Maybe. We don't know, but the goal is to go 1-0, the goal is to get them talking about things other than football, and I guess that's what they're doing."

Can we have obvious troll accounts just cancelled? His name is "Very Wide Right." There is no reason to allow that guy share an opinion. He's obviously here to be an idiot.

Given that majority of his posts have been in PPP, and given the quality of his opinions there, I'd definatly say so.

Edited by TakeYouToTasker

It's funny because some Bills got into it with Williams in his 2nd year because they thought he was a "bust."

He was, as a CB.

Most of the critics were wondering why they were playing AW at CB when he'd probably be a very good safety.

I wish I filmed myself burning his jersey, dude is a complete scumbag.

I don't root for players to get hurt, but I wouldn't mind seeing him break his leg on Sunday.

I just hope the team pulls this off, as I agree with others here...that is the BEST and ONLY way to shut him up.

action has "always" spoke" louder than words, as Teddy R said years ago " speak softly and carry a big stick" next to a man's wallet, the best place to humble him is to take way his pride, beating the Browns will go a long way in both areas :thumbsup: talk will never change the final outcome of a game, scoring more points that the other team does

I think you're missing the point. It's not about the talk, it's about sticking up for the city.

Why do football players have to be more mature than regular "grown ups?" I just hate the cowards on twitter

He can do whatever he wants but it doesn't make it wise - and I'd say the same about @bigbillsfan37 on Twitter if I knew who he was (name made up). But especially if your going to have a public verified celebrity account to further your brand it's probably not the best to sink to the level of the lowest person to come after you. Also wouldn't be smart for him to walk to the wall and tell back at fans taunting him this weekend even if the fans go too far.