Fred Jackson: "Whitner Dumb and an Idiot"

26CornerBlitz

Its OK. Sammy Watkins loves to make defenders from Ohio State look like they don't belong on the same field. Then he can take it to Bradley Roby next week - unless Roby fakes an injury again.

Whitner is putting his teammates in a bad position for what he pulled in the offseason.

Edited by Cleveland Rocks?

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I stuck up for Whitner a lot while he was here. I do think he got a lot of unnecessary hate simply because of where he was drafted. It was never his fault that the Bills reached for him at 8, not that fans ever see that distinction when they're heated. Donte played hard for the Bills and for that I'll always be grateful.

This week though, I want to see Hackett install a bunch formation where they put Nigel Bradham as a blocking TE for Gragg. I want Hackett to tell Bradham, "I don't care what happens, just go introduce yourself to #31 violently."

We don't need guns when we got a Nigel.

Instead of booing Whitner, won't it be better to completely ignore him? Don't boo him and don't give him an special attention.

He seems like a guy who wants to be notice and think people care about him. Let's just ignore him.

That is exactly who he is. I think he was butt hurt that Watkins didn't mention his name, or know that he was with the Browns. How would he know/why would he care? Whitner is very insecure. I believe that one big reason he signed here is because he knew he would be like teflon having grown up in Cleveland, and played at OSU. He is pretty much immune from criticism for that reason. He can't take it. He also needs to be noticed.

I stuck up for Whitner a lot while he was here. I do think he got a lot of unnecessary hate simply because of where he was drafted. It was never his fault that the Bills reached for him at 8, not that fans ever see that distinction when they're heated. Donte played hard for the Bills and for that I'll always be grateful.

This week though, I want to see Hackett install a bunch formation where they put Nigel Bradham as a blocking TE for Gragg. I want Hackett to tell Bradham, "I don't care what happens, just go introduce yourself to #31 violently."

I agree with all you said but keep quiet about that formation. Hackett will make that our base passing formation.

Donte's mouth is ultimately what got him in trouble here. He was a disappointment on the field but if he had just gone out and played hard and fundamentally sound etc.. he would have been fine. Instead he promises playoffs and acts like the captain of the team and then goes out on the field and takes poor angles in coverage, exhibits poor tackling form, looks unprepared and fixated on getting big hits and then starts getting hurt and missing time. There was no way he could live up to his draft position but if he was actually the guy on the field that he thought he was he would have been revered here. Unfortunately there was a contingent of fans here who fell in love with his loudmouth. The guy was a big part of the problem here.

Edited by BADOLBEELZ

He may be my least favorite NFL player ever.....but he did finally play like a very good safety last year. FINALLY. His initial success in SF was as a "toady" behind a front 7 of bullies and he single-handedly cost them a Super Bowl they should have won handily against Baltimore....which was a tragic lesson for SF and it's fans to learn about Lil' Donte.

He responded well to that utter embarrassment by improving a great deal as a cover man. He would have never received a kick in the balls like that in front of a billion people so chances are if he had stayed in Buffalo or gone anywhere other than SF he would have never been humbled enough to make improvements to a game that he was holding back by a refusal to admit that he wasn't good enough.

That all said.......curse Marv Levy for drafting him. Those first few months of the Levy/Jauron era set the stage for a near decade of complete irrelevance and suffering for Bills fans and the ill-fated decision to overdraft that low-impact low-character turd helped create the culture of losing around here. You will never win by drafting complementary players with very high picks like that. And yeah, the guy has no business dogging the team he received the second highest contract in team history from. He was making $6M per year to back up an undrafted WR from Tennessee who could actually cover and make a play on a football when Donte was still learning how to become a non-liability on the field. Anyone who defended him here in Buffalo should be ashamed of himself. It was a GIVEN that he would stab you fools in the back because he is just a flat out A*SHOLE.

Other than that I don't have an opinion on him. :thumbsup:

Thank You 1,000 Times!!!!!!!

I think that I took more heat on this board for blasting Whitner than all other posters on the board combined. I was absolutely livid as well as totally dumbfounded the second this abortion of a draft selection was announced. He came to Buffalo, actually held out, and got in trouble for a domestic. Yes, a horror from day 1.

After that, he couldn't cover at all. Do you remember the game in the snow against the Bears. They had some white guy at TE; I can't remember his name. Lil Donte made him look like Kellen Winslow Sr.

And he DID lose his starting job for a while but he DID pocket every dime of a 36 million dollar contract!

That draft was stacked too, and Levy said that he turned down NUMEROUS offers to trade down. To this day, it's hard to fathom the incompetence of Levy/Jauron.

Who were we yelling at 3-4 weeks ago for providing bulletin board material?

whitner is the one who provided the bulletin board material when he tweeted Sammy should "watch out" and "Bills fans won't feel it, Sammy will."

The Bills were asked about it, and apparently they have it prominently on the bulletin board.

whitner is the one who provided the bulletin board material when he tweeted Sammy should "watch out" and "Bills fans won't feel it, Sammy will."

The Bills were asked about it, and apparently they have it prominently on the bulletin board.

I get it. Calling another player stupid is OK as long as it's a Bill. Help me out though, who was it a month ago?

(please don't overreact here...I think "bulletin board" material is BS, but, it's interesting to see how we circle the wagons)

I get it. Calling another player stupid is OK as long as it's a Bill. Help me out though, who was it a month ago?

(please don't overreact here...I think "bulletin board" material is BS, but, it's interesting to see how we circle the wagons)

mcKelvin

Calling another player an idiot after he threatened your teammate, insulted the fan base, and told a former player that he got with his daughter is OK no matter what team you play for. You have to be a special kind of person for Fred to call you out publically. Thanks for the extra juice tomorrow, Donte.

Edited by YoloinOhio

mcKelvin

Calling another player an idiot after he threatened your teammate, insulted the fan base, and told a former player that he got with his daughter is OK no matter what team you play for. You have to be a special kind of person for Fred to call you out publically. Thanks for the extra juice tomorrow, Donte.

juice don't matter, but, what will is at least 1 personal foul against Donte. I guaran!@#$ingtee that he'll get one tomorrow.

Donte's mouth is ultimately what got him in trouble here. He was a disappointment on the field but if he had just gone out and played hard and fundamentally sound etc.. he would have been fine. Instead he promises playoffs and acts like the captain of the team and then goes out on the field and takes poor angles in coverage, exhibits poor tackling form, looks unprepared and fixated on getting big hits and then starts getting hurt and missing time. There was no way he could live up to his draft position but if he was actually the guy on the field that he thought he was he would have been revered here. Unfortunately there was a contingent of fans here who fell in love with his loudmouth. The guy was a big part of the problem here.

Lil Biscuit. :lol:

Even Browns fans think what he said was poor. He mocked a team saying they were going to move. He plays in a city which actually suffered through that happening. It's not like he isn't aware of that. He lived there while it happened.

Imagine if Brandon Spikes said before the Pats game that he was going to lay out Gronk, insulted the fan base, and then insinuated he slept with A legendary former player's daughter.

I like the way you think brother !!!

xvhxYJ0J_normal.pngJoe Buscaglia @JoeBuscaglia · Nov 26

officially announce that Sunday’s game vs. Donte Whitner is sold out.
0 replies
82 retweets
107 favorites

Retweet

Favorite

More

I dont know if this legal to paste , so i apologize in advance

But I found this hilarious

well said Joe B

@MaryKayCabot

#Browns DC O'Neil: "there'll be sometime in the 1st qaurter that Donte Whitner and Fred Jackson meet each other. We'll all see what happens'

Really? The turncoat DC is getting in on it? Do us a favor. Call a safety blitz when Fred's in the game. He might find his head by Thursday. Edited by DJasper Probincrux III