Pettine not expecting warm reception at The Ralph

YoloinOhio

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wouldn't be wouldn't be surprised if Marrone wasn't a little miffed with the way Pettine left the Bills. Perhaps that is why Pettine is assuming some bad blood...but I think most fans liked him, if they didn't love him as our DC. Maybe my memory is hazy, though. Didn't some Bills fans get into a "war of tweets" with Pettines daughter? Or was that just Jim Kellys' daughter?

the only thing I remember about Pettines daughter was she inadvertently broke the news on twitter that he had a 2nd intvw with the Browns and said it was "the browns, but still pretty cool." Lol. She thought she was tweeting it just to one person but...

Pettine barely had a cup of coffee in Buffalo. Not important enough to dislike -- and our defense is better since he left.

yep. I don't dislike him. I like him because I have no reason not to and he generally did a good job when he was here. Had he left to take a DC job somewhere else I suppose it might be different. Edited by YoloinOhio

Why not? Does he think we are pissed that he left? I don't know why there would be fan hate.

@FSOhioZJackson: Pettine: "Heading back to Ralph Wilson, I don't necessarily think I'll get the warmest reception. It might be worse for Donte (Whitner)."

I wonder what the reception will be from the players. I mean I think they know it is a business but a one and done coach? They have to feel a little disrespected by getting ditched like that. Or atleast maybe they can use that to step it up a notch and show Pettine what he left behind.

It is not worth any brain cells discussing Wimpner

Edited by Why So Serious?

Why not? Does he think we are pissed that he left? I don't know why there would be fan hate.

@FSOhioZJackson: Pettine: "Heading back to Ralph Wilson, I don't necessarily think I'll get the warmest reception. It might be worse for Donte (Whitner)."

I think we as Bills fan respect and appreciate Pettine.

Oh I hope someone takes a dump on Whitner right as he's trotting out. But for Pettine, I'd expect he'd get a warm ovation. Did a good job here, and opened up a spot for a D coordinator just as good

Actually much better...this coordinator doesn't need to blitz to get sacks and has largely fixed the run D although it hasn't been as dominant as it was the first half of the year where they were holding opponents to a league low 2.8 YPC...

Best 3rd down D in the league and they are actually getting more pressure and sacks than Pettine's D with less rushers...and no Kiko even..

Actually, considering what a mess our D was before he came and the trajectory he put it on and we're still riding now, the Bills fan will probably cheer him.

Our defense was never a mess. Wanny just was awful. Our defense is loaded with 1st and 2nd rounders.

Pettine knew what he was doing coming here. Schwartz is smart too. We have top 3 talent on defense. You just need to be competent as a coach and you will look really good.

Can't use quotes on here for some reason, but yeah, Whitner could use a baby ruth shower. Then replace the W in his name with an S, and there ya go Donte, new nickname and better fitting. Yeah, I hope Pettine gets a lot of love from the crowd when he comes out. Can't say anything but good things about the guy

Hey, are you using Internet Explorer? I couldn't quote people on IE, and I switched to Google Chrome, and that was the only thing that worked for me..