Ray Rice to Buffalo???

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think that Rice is done. He was already turning into Chris Johnson 2.0. The domestic abuse is the perfect reason for teams to avoid signing a guy that's no longer productive. Peterson on the other hand will be back somewhere.

I'm sure he would take a min contract with incentives, and i'm sure the NFL would be happy to park him in a small market.

Ridiculous to even mention these two in the same post.

ehh. One made a mistake and has acknowledged it from the very outset and even his wife has supported him throughout and the other is as certain that he has the answers to all the riddles of the universe as he is that the sun will rise tomorrow. I can tell you which offends me more. Edited by metzelaars_lives

I'm sure he would take a min contract with incentives, and i'm sure the NFL would be happy to park him in a small market.

I guess what I was getting at is that at 2.8 YPC (or whatever he has been the last year or so) who wants him? He is probably a 3rd back at best at this point. Does someone want that publicity for a guy that will give that production?

He would have been 5th on the Bills depth chart this year. Ray Rice in 2011 would have certainly ended up somewhere. Ray Rice in 2015, I don't know. (Again, Peterson is different and will still be playing). It's not about what Rice would take and more about what he is worth at this juncture.

Edited by Kirby Jackson

ehh. One made a mistake and has acknowledged it from the very outset and even his wife has supported him throughout and the other is as certain that he has the answers to all the riddles of the universe as he is that the sun will rise tomorrow. I can tell you which offends me more.

That's ridiculous. You can't be serious.

A guy who cold-cocked his wife offends you less than a guy who is maybe over the top pious. I don't care what your stance is on faith, that's insane.

I guess what I was getting at is that at 2.8 YPC (or whatever he has been the last year or so) who wants him? He is probably a 3rd back at best at this point. Does someone want that publicity for a guy that will give that production?

He would have been 5th on the Bills depth chart this year. Ray Rice in 2011 would have certainly ended up somewhere. Ray Rice in 2015, I don't know. (Again, Peterson is different and will still be playing). It's not about what Rice would take and more about what he is worth at this juncture.

Right. Rice would still be on the Ravens roster and suspended if he hadn't been horrid in the last 2 years. His career is over.

So I was listening to the Dan Lebetard show this afternoon, he had on John Clayton who was taking calls. Someone asked where Clayton thought Ray Rice would play next year and he stated Buffalo as Terry P had a connection with him though the sports agency he was involved with.. Obviously pure speculation, but that was his response.

We need all the playmakers we can get, he has paid his dues it's time to play ball.

Some things are more important than winning football games at all costs. Making sure you don't employ a serial wife beater and general sociopath is one of those things. Personally, I don't want a guy on the team who is capable of knocking out his wife, and then nonchalantly dragging her out of an elevator like nothing happened.

I would actually consider boycotting the Bills if they signed him. Some things are more important than football.

We need all the playmakers we can get, he has paid his dues it's time to play ball.

Watch the video again, and then tell me if you are OK with having that guy on the team. What he did is frightening and disturbing. It goes deeper than paying his time. You can't treat this like a guy who smoked a little weed, or stole a bottle of booze like marshawn. He HIT HIS WIFE, KNOCKED HER OUT, AND ACTED LIKE HE DIDN'T GIVE A ****. Get your thoughts straight, dude.

No one is going to want the protests from women's groups that will follow Rice no matter where he goes

I honestly do not think this is accurate. As a matter of fact women almost rallied behind him in the preseason. Remember the story on how many women wore his jersey in the preseason. Its going to if anything fade to black. Vick did time over a mass dog fight ring and who is really talking about that anymore. Time heals most wounds. Now on the football side. Yes. He has regressed. Maybe he will come back hungry.

First of all, Ray Rice would not be upgrade in ant way over the current crop of Bills backs—I know, a few may not be here, but he is juts not the good anymore. Second, I don't think that Terry or KIM Pegula will want that PR nightmare and side show as a part of the new-look Buffalo Bills. Who would?