Bills season done in by weather?

Is this really how it ends? Is this really how the Bills miss the playoffs for the 15th straight year? Mother Nature jumping on the Flutie Curse bandwagon? Cigarette Man have dialing up the weather satellites to make sure of it? At 5-5 with a division game at a neutral site (remember Miami in Toronto?), and the possibility of playing the Browns at a neutral site, c'mon! How much more are we supposed to take? I just can't get my head around the ridiculousness of it all. AARRGGHHH!!!!!!

Edited by Fred Jackson Jockstrap

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If the Bills don't make it into the playoffs, it won't be because of this snow-storm. They should have won 3 of the 5 games they lost this season...playoff teams don't do that. Their playoff hopes were left on life-support after the Dolphins loss.

Is this really how it ends? Is this really how the Bills miss the playoffs for the 15th straight year? Mother Nature jumping on the Flutie Curse bandwagon? Cigarette Man have dialing up the weather satellites to make sure of it? At 5-5 with a division game at a neutral site (remember Miami in Toronto?), and the possibility of playing the Browns at a neutral site, c'mon! How much more are we supposed to take? I just can't get my head around the ridiculousness of it all. AARRGGHHH!!!!!!

Done in by whether all right..whether they can ever find serviceable QB...all the snow in China don't matter bit

Think Brady and the Hoodie be cry'n bout the weather no they'd fin a way to win

find

Bills season was done in by Marrone in the Chiefs game IMO

Yeah, I can't believe he fumbled with a clear path to the endzone, took two horrible angles allowing both rushing TD's, then sailed that pass on would-be go-ahead TD at the end.

Marrone had a terrible game that day.

To the OP, I completely feel your sentiment. How many more kicks in the nuts can this franchise take? It'd be one thing to never catch a break. But to ALWAYS get shat on in the process. Jeebus. Enough already.

EDIT: tehehe

Edited by The Big Cat

If the Bills don't make it into the playoffs, it won't be because of this snow-storm. They should have won 3 of the 5 games they lost this season...playoff teams don't do that. Their playoff hopes were left on life-support after the Dolphins loss.

I can't get behind the idea that the Bills should be 8-2 right now. You really think they have the talent to do that? You think the O-line, qb, and 3rd/4th string rbs are 8-2 quality?

You can just as easily argue that they won 2 of 5 games they shouldn't have (Det, Min).

I can't believe that people think the season is over already. SD made the playoffs last year with their record after 10 games being 4-6, in 2012 the Bengals made it with a record of 5-5. The Bills are still in the thick of things which is a great accomplishment considering the o-line play, red zone performance, rb injuries, and playing a journeyman qb. I think the Bills are right on par with where they should be. That is what makes this week so crappy. No practice or preparation time will severely hamper the team going into a game they should on paper win.

Losing to a KC team that before last night had played extremely well and against a Miami team that has been charging hard lately are not bad losses. It sucks that it happened but just confirms to me that they are a middle of the road team. One that can ill afford something like this snow storm to mess with their routine/preparation.

As an aside road teams on Thursday night are a combined 4-7 this year. It is not easy to go on the road, on short rest, and play a divisional game.

And they very likely should have lost 2 or 3 of the 5 they won. All in all... we should probably be at 6-4. Chiefs game killed us. I truly blame much of that loss on the fumbles. The play calling and coaching didn't help but without both fumbles we simply win that game.

Is "weather" the new code word for "not having an OLine, bringing Kyle Orton in as a Savior to the biggest draft reach ever, our two star RBs being injured, and a head coach who allows his OC to call plays despite his clear dementia?" If so, then yes, the season is done in by weather.

Yeah, I can't believe he fumbled with a clear path to the endzone, took two horrible angles allowing both rushing TD's, then sailed that pass on would-be go-ahead TD at the end.

Mr conservative punted on 4th and inches at midfield at home in a game they pretty much had to win. Play calling in the redzone continues to be awful which Marrone is just as guilty of as Hackett. Choosing to pass on second and third down from the 2 after running game got them down there then 4 straight passes to end zone from just inside 20 with over 2 mins left instead of trying to run and get closer.

Yeah Marrone was great that day coaching not to lose

Edited by Max997

To the OP, I completely feel your sentiment. How many more kicks in the nuts can this franchise take? It'd be one thing to never catch a break. But to ALWAYS get shat on in the process. Jeebus. Enough already.

EDIT: tehehe

When was the last time, in your humble opinion, that a coach/GM/other higher executive was responsible for those players who you light into for failing on the field. And BTW, Bryce Brown was a player Whaley had targeted for a long time according to what I read. So Whaley had to know the guy was prone to fumbling and still made the deal.

Management may not be able to avoid all player failure, but they're responsible when a team continues to miss the playoffs. It can't always be the players. In the end, management is usually at fault, but most fans don't know of Doug Whaley or his personnel directors and fewer know what those guys do behind the scenes. Ergo, fans don't blame them, but only that which they see on the field. And that means players and to a lesser degree coaches.

For the record, those players on the field weren't all inherited from the Jauron years, and I recall people here talking about how the roster had been made over so much the past few years by Nix and Whaley. Start with the team president and work your way down for a change.

Edited by BillsVet