Bills season done in by weather?

Is this really how it ends? Is this really how the Bills miss the playoffs for the 15th straight year? Mother Nature jumping on the Flutie Curse bandwagon? Cigarette Man have dialing up the weather satellites to make sure of it? At 5-5 with a division game at a neutral site (remember Miami in Toronto?), and the possibility of playing the Browns at a neutral site, c'mon! How much more are we supposed to take? I just can't get my head around the ridiculousness of it all. AARRGGHHH!!!!!!

I don't see the Bills losing this game, they will win this game for the City of buffalo. Bills 47 Jets 21

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bills season was done in by Marrone in the Chiefs game IMO

This ^^^^^^

Our season ended mostly during the Chiefs game. We had a SLIM chance going into Miami where we sealed our fate practically this year. 9 wins probably won't get you in the playoffs this year in the AFC, but even if it did, we would have to go 4-2 over a stretch that includes just 2 winnable games (Jets and Oak), 1 tough but winnable game (Cle) and 3 almost certain losses (Den, GB, and NE). NE might turn into a tough but winnable game if they have their seed locked up by week 17 and rest some starters, but even still it will not be an easy game.

I don't see 4 wins on that list, and thats JUST to get to 9-7. Realistically, its probably going to take 10 wins in the AFC this year and I don't see anyway we get 5 wins in that lineup.

Orton, the OL, and Hackett suck...thus this team can't hang with the big boys, and we got 4 big boys coming up. And for as solid as Cleveland has been, they get Gordon back, the run game will likely improve with less bodies rotating around and a better passing game...so they will likely be even stronger when we play them and their coach knows our D and O inside and out.

Bills season was done in by Marrone in the Chiefs game IMO

Me too. I knew it was over after they gave away the KC game. I saw the Miami loss coming and it will only get worse, weather or no weather.

i think this rallies the team and we roll into the playoffs...no more losses

Wow!

Give up. We're 5-5. Run away, run away...

Cling to hope until we're mathematically eliminated, just like last season and the season before that and the season before that and the season before that and the season before that and the season before that and the season before that and the season before that and the season before that and the season before that and the season before that and the season before that and the season before that. I got it Promo, plenty of reason for optimism. If Einstein only had a quote for this scenario. This season was done in when we went 0-2 after the bye.

The Bills season was done in by terrible games vs. Kansas City and Miami that crushed any and all tie-breaker hopes they had and forced them to have to beat Denver, Green Bay and new England to have a chance. The weather was the cherry on top. Make no mistake the Jets were going to win this game anyway. This team has rolled over and is now floating in the water next to the last 14 carcasses.

Is this really how it ends? Is this really how the Bills miss the playoffs for the 15th straight year? Mother Nature jumping on the Flutie Curse bandwagon? Cigarette Man have dialing up the weather satellites to make sure of it? At 5-5 with a division game at a neutral site (remember Miami in Toronto?), and the possibility of playing the Browns at a neutral site, c'mon! How much more are we supposed to take? I just can't get my head around the ridiculousness of it all. AARRGGHHH!!!!!!

Wait, the weather caused us to lose to the Chiefs and Dolphins?

Give up. We're 5-5. Run away, run away...

We're 5-5 with a 2-5 conference record and heads up losses to KC, San Diego and Houston, we also lose to Miami on conference and division records. Because of tiebreakers we are 2 games behind every other playoff competitor in front of us, all 7 of them. There are 6 games to play. We need to win all of them and get help. A lot of it. Edited by DJasper Probincrux III

This team has been done in by a coaching staff that once again has this team on it's annual march to mediocrity! Look around the league several teams have beat up and injured O-lines but still get it done, were relatively healthy and lousy, Marrone was an offensive lineman and marches out a crap o-line every week. Why go out and get Mike Williams a legitimate red zone threat and not even dress him some games when we can't score in the red zone. The Patriots looked very beatable at the beginning of the season, but they are well coached and improve on a weekly basis. In Buffalo as usual as the season progresses the team regresses Ralph Wilsons inability to attract and hire a frontline head football coach will forever be the mark he left on this team. When has this franchise ever had a football coach that could go into the locker room at the half and make some adjustments that worked. Whenever Ralph did get lucky and find himself with a decent coach or GM he got rid of them Polian, Knox, Phillips. Polian handed Levy an all star team they won despite of him, granted he told great war stories, but was beaten with the same game plan in 4 straight Super Bowls. On paper this current team has far to much talent to play as poorly as they have, so we lost the home field this week big deal Marrone has only had this team ready for one home game this season, they play better on the road. I've watched this organization mostly field an inferior product for 40 years, I can only hope the Pegulas change the atmosphere and hire a good head football coach before the current talent pool is dispatched to represent other NFL cities in the Playoffs and Pro Bowls in the years to come!!!!

If they use this as an excuse to keep Marrone, I'm going to lose it. He ruined this season long before this awful snow storm.

I wanna new coach. I wanna,wanna new coach. Whaaaay. Maybe the players aren`t as good as you think. Whaaay. Cry baby cry.

Marrone won the Pinstripe Bowl dammit!!!

Yeah, if this obstacle, as well as Jim Kelly being cancer-free and their own coach's scare with melanoma, cannot bring them together and inspire them to make a run...I don't know what ever will...this is the stuff these stories are usually made of around playoff time.

This has been one of most eventful (both good and bad) seasons in Bills history that I can remember. (I am 32 years old.)

I cannot imagine a football season being more trying for an organization...I hope they make something of it, this is their opportunity to make a statement to the rest of the league, as well as fans and other spectators, that this is not the same old Buffalo Bills.

Do they fold under adversity, or do they pull together and overcome it? That is the mark of a good football (sports) team.