Bills awarded TE MarQueis Gray from Vikings

YoloinOhio

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In case you didn't recognize that TE for the Bills who was burning up the field today, that was MarQueis Gray. If you've never heard of him, there's good reason. He played a hybrid halfback, wide receiver, and quarterback for Minnesota in college for four years catching 60 balls for 766 yards and 6 TDs in an obviously part-time capacity. He came into the scouting combine as a quarterback which surely crushed his chances of being drafted.

The 49ers brought him into camp as a h-back but moved him to tight end before cutting him at the end of the pre-season. He was picked up by the Browns where he caught 2 passes for 8 yards and rushed 6 times for another 43. Cleveland waived him at the end of the 2014 pre-season and he got picked up by the Vikings where he caught just 1 pass for 16 yards in 8 games. He was waived again and picked up by the Bills a week and a half ago.

In his first appearance at TE with the Bills, he caught 2 passes. The first for 30 yards and the second for 41. The kid has serious YAC. He outgained his career in 1 game with Buffalo. At 6'4" 242, I'm looking forward to seeing this kid play.

In case you didn't recognize that TE for the Bills who was burning up the field today, that was MarQueis Gray. If you've never heard of him, there's good reason. He played a hybrid halfback, wide receiver, and quarterback for Minnesota in college for four years catching 60 balls for 766 yards and 6 TDs in an obviously part-time capacity. He came into the scouting combine as a quarterback which surely crushed his chances of being drafted.

The 49ers brought him into camp as a h-back but moved him to tight end before cutting him at the end of the pre-season. He was picked up by the Browns where he caught 2 passes for 8 yards and rushed 6 times for another 43. Cleveland waived him at the end of the 2014 pre-season and he got picked up by the Vikings where he caught just 1 pass for 16 yards in 8 games. He was waived again and picked up by the Bills a week and a half ago.

In his first appearance at TE with the Bills, he caught 2 passes. The first for 30 yards and the second for 41. The kid has serious YAC. He outgained his career in 1 game with Buffalo. At 6'4" 242, I'm looking forward to seeing this kid play.

Nice summation.

Wouldn't it be wild if he turns into some sort of phenom, given his less-than-ideal introduction to the NFL?

Stranger things have happened.

I love "Big Sammy." After I saw that first big play of his, I went scrambling for my Bill's roster.

One thing is for sure, the Browns knew who he was. Here is an article that I found from 10 days

ago. In the article's poll, 84% of Browns' fans wanted to bring Gray back. I think we have a nice upgrade

in Gray.

http://www.chatsports.com/cleveland-browns/a/Poll-Should-the-Browns-Bring-TE-MarQueis-Gray-Back-2-10744386

I love "Big Sammy." After I saw that first big play of his, I went scrambling for my Bill's roster.

One thing is for sure, the Browns knew who he was. Here is an article that I found from 10 days

ago. In the article's poll, 84% of Browns' fans wanted to bring Gray back. I think we have a nice upgrade

in Gray.

http://www.chatsport...Back-2-10744386

Looks like they passed on him again. I wonder if this was a payback game. It sure looked like it. Welcome to the Bills dude.