Bills awarded TE MarQueis Gray from Vikings

YoloinOhio

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He could have and should have lowered the boom on the first big gainer for an extra 1-5 yards but I liked the speed and athleticism. After those two plays that worked so well I fully expect us to never see him the rest of the year" because other teams may expect it.

He inexplicably ran out of bounds on both plays, it seemed to me.

He inexplicably ran out of bounds on both plays, it seemed to me.

I was thinking the same thing. Still, it was a pleasant surprise to see Gray on the field. Chandler is a bowling pin who should never be thrown the ball behind the line of scrimmage, because he doesn't seem to be good for more than one yard after catch.

Prescient post. Good job!

Curious that he thought of himself as a QB first and WR second when TE seems to be the ideal position for him.

He was a highly sought QB prospect coming out of high school; probably would be good option in trick play where lateral to TE can be thrown or tossed back to QB.

I was thinking the same thing. Still, it was a pleasant surprise to see Gray on the field. Chandler is a bowling pin who should never be thrown the ball behind the line of scrimmage, because he doesn't seem to be good for more than one yard after catch.

Chandler goes down with a gust of wind....Hackett should NEVER call a cute pass to Chandler behind the LOS, because nothing good will happen

He was open downfield second half on at least one other play but never got the ball thrown to him. Did a decent job blocking as TE from the couple of plays I saw. Does ok as a lead blocker but hope they just use him as the TE. Good athlete. "Big Sammy" :thumbsup:

Edited by GaryPinC

If he just a gets his NFL regular season average on every catch then I think WE've found our TE of the future.

I saw Gray in the backfield lined up as a FB a few times.

Good pro scouting, for a guy to go from Waiver Wire to major contributor someone at OBD did their homework.

Also the Bills TEs really suck so that says something when a dude off the street out performs the people that have been on the roster.

He could have and should have lowered the boom on the first big gainer for an extra 1-5 yards but I liked the speed and athleticism. After those two plays that worked so well I fully expect us to never see him the rest of the year" because other teams may expect it.

My concern is that he should have trucked Leonhard on both plays and left critical yardage on the field (who knows, he might have gone to the house). A TE that shies away from contact on the field could be why this guy has circumnavigated the NFL. I hope I'm wrong, but those plays looked a bit kitty at the end. He's wearing Rosie's number, and Rosie NEVER shied away from the big hit.

Edited by Fred Jackson Jockstrap

My concern is that he should have trucked Leonhard on both plays and left critical yardage on the field (who knows, he might have gone to the house). A TE that shies away from contact on the field could be why this guy has circumnavigated the NFL. I hope I'm wrong, but those plays looked a bit kitty at the end. He's wearing Rosie's number, and Rosie NEVER shied away from the big hit.

That was weird. I don't know if we have anyone who watched Minnesota Gophers football who can tell us more about his running style, so for now I'll assume it was just contact avoidance that was learned as the Gophers QB. If so, it's time to unlearn that fast.

He looks like a big WR rather than a TE, he will probably be the HB/TE going forwards. He sure has good hands.

Loved the call to go to him on 3rd and short, perhaps Hackett's brightest point of the afternoon.

That was a great call by NH indeed. It was a wrinkle in the usual monotony.