Global warming err Climate change HOAX

• Replies 7.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He might need a different kind of list, like one with local exorcists...

Coincidentally, if you google "Federal exorcism," about half the results returned are about the Federal Reserve.

I believe that circularity nicely brings to a close this week's episode of "Beating the ever-lovin' pus out of gatorman" (with apologies to Matt Damon, as we seem to have run out of time.) Be sure to tune in for next week's episode.

A federal agency that makes profits? You really are retarded.

DC Tom is fairly close in his scoffing here.

But there are Federal Agencies that sustain their operations mostly on user fees....that's not exactly profits, but it is sustainment off cash flow.

If I remember correctly, The Patent Office and the FDA are examples of agencies that run largely off user fees. I remember this because when I lived in DC, those employees worked through the government shutdown, because they ran off user fees.

But as DC T is probably thinking, the vast majority of Federal operations are financed by congress, using make-believe money and funds fleeced from our pocket books.

DC Tom is fairly close in his scoffing here.

But there are Federal Agencies that sustain their operations mostly on user fees....that's not exactly profits, but it is sustainment off cash flow.

If I remember correctly, The Patent Office and the FDA are examples of agencies that run largely off user fees. I remember this because when I lived in DC, those employees worked through the government shutdown, because they ran off user fees.

But as DC T is probably thinking, the vast majority of Federal operations are financed by congress, using make-believe money and funds fleeced from our pocket books.

I used to work for one of those that aren't funded through federal budget allocations. I know very well how it works.

But that's still not profit. If you honestly think that "user fees funding operations" and "revenue above and beyond cost of doing business" are even remotely the same thing, you're truly an idiot.

Powerball / Lottery benefits Government entities so they granted Indulgences that Laymen are not privy to

And of course when lotteries were first introduced they were going to send bucket loads of money to schools and make not only the winners but them rich beyond their wildest dreams. So how did that turn out?

I thought it was common knowledge that ancient man changed the environment, often drastically. One need look no further than how the domestication of the goat devastated the "Fertile Crescent."

But caused global warming? With slash-and-burn agriculture? Never mind that emmer wheat was just starting to be domesticated in that time frame, and humans were still largely hunter-gatherers...the two biggest global carbon sinks are the oceans and the rain forests. Mesopotamia, the Lower Nile, and the Yangtze and Yellow River valleys, not so much - in the first two, at least, there was almost nothing to slash and burn.

I love how the Dow is crashing like Charlie Sheen on a Vegas bender, and the lead story at CNN is how 2015 was the hottest year "by a lot." :lol:

It is?

I'm up today. :w00t: