Global warming err Climate change HOAX

Sucks to get a taste of your own medicine. But here you go my child.

http://www.monetary.org/is-the-federal-reserve-system-a-governmental-or-a-privately-controlled-organization/2008/02

Though you refused to accept what they said and I seem to remember you saying they were a right wing group (so what) I think even you would not consider them a conspiracy group.

Had a chance to read this. Probably read it more than you did. You think this is a right wing person? More proof you have no clue

" There are no sharp criteria for determining whether an entity is a federal agency within the meaning of the Act (28 U.S.C. § 2671), but the critical factor is the existence of federal government control over the “detailed physical performance” and “day to day operation” of that entity…. Other factors courts have considered include whether the entity is an independent corporation…, whether the government is involved in the entity’s finances…. and whether the mission of the entity furthers the policy of the United States… Examining the organization and function of the Federal Reserve Banks, and applying the relevant factors, we conclude that the Reserve Banks are not federal instrumentalities for purposes of the FTCA, but are independent, privately owned and locally controlled corporations."

No sharp criteria? So this guy can say whatever he wants? I've already explained this to you little boy. It's independent within the government to allow it to operate as far as possible away from the Ted Cruz's and Ron Pauls of the political world. He also points out, and I'm sure you didn't bother to read, that the courts have ruled it is a federal agency. His narrow interpretation just focuses on tort law? Wonderful!

• Replies 7.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Had a chance to read this. Probably read it more than you did. You think this is a right wing person? More proof you have no clue

" There are no sharp criteria for determining whether an entity is a federal agency within the meaning of the Act (28 U.S.C. § 2671), but the critical factor is the existence of federal government control over the “detailed physical performance” and “day to day operation” of that entity…. Other factors courts have considered include whether the entity is an independent corporation…, whether the government is involved in the entity’s finances…. and whether the mission of the entity furthers the policy of the United States… Examining the organization and function of the Federal Reserve Banks, and applying the relevant factors, we conclude that the Reserve Banks are not federal instrumentalities for purposes of the FTCA, but are independent, privately owned and locally controlled corporations."

No sharp criteria? So this guy can say whatever he wants? I've already explained this to you little boy. It's independent within the government to allow it to operate as far as possible away from the Ted Cruz's and Ron Pauls of the political world. He also points out, and I'm sure you didn't bother to read, that the courts have ruled it is a federal agency. His narrow interpretation just focuses on tort law? Wonderful!

No there is no sharp criteria you !@#$ing idiot!! I've not used the insult route but I have to cave on this one. Jesus !@#$ing Christ how long have we debated about this??? How many differing sided have we all provided that say it is and it isn't a Federal Agency? This argument has spread over several threads buy several different people. If this board isn't living proof that there isn't sharp criteria I don't know what is. Good Lord you're thick as a brick.

Edited by Chef Jim

The treasury department says the federal reserve is a federal agency

Two Federal agencies share responsibility for State banks.

The Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation insures State-chartered banks that are not members of the Federal Reserve System. The FDIC also insures deposits in banks and savings associations in the event of bank failure. The FDIC's Consumer Protection page provides information and assistance.

The Federal Reserve Board supervises State-chartered banks that are members of the Federal Reserve System. Visit the Consumer Information page for assistance.

State banks are also supervised by state banking regulators. Visit the Conference of State Bank Supervisors Web site for links to state banking departments.

http://www.helpwithmybank.gov/national-banks/national-banks.html

No there is no sharp criteria you !@#$ing idiot!! I've not used the insult route but I have to cave on this one. Jesus !@#$ing Christ how !@#$ing long have we debated about this??? How many differing sided have we all provided that say it is and it isn't a Federal Agency? This argument has spread over several threads buy several different people. If this board isn't living proof that there isn't sharp criteria I don't know what is. Good Lord you're thick as a brick.

You guys have only provided a few wacky links and nothing serious.

Really?? Yeah this is one serious link you provided here.

http://academics.smcvt.edu/cbauer-ramazani/BU113/fed_agencies.htm

What's this woman's background? Please tell us why you linked her. What do you know about her?

Just listed that to give variety. If you don't like it look at the treasury like I provided. Or the federal register. Or USA.gov, or the federal reserve link I provided, the finial news one, etc. Etc.

Because they're wrong. The link goes to the BOARD OF GOVERNORS, not the "Federal Reserve System."

And they are part of the government? The people that run, manage, operate, are in charge? Right?

Because they're wrong. The link goes to the BOARD OF GOVERNORS, not the "Federal Reserve System."

Oh wait, no, it's the federal reserve system! You are wrong. Again

Seriously, jackass?

Go to that site, click on the link to the "Federal Reserve System," and it goes to the Board of Governors site. USA.gov is wrong.

Itgoes to the people that run the federal reserve system? Imagine that!

But you admit the board of governors is part of the federal government at least, yes? :)

Just shut the !@#$ up. Variety. :wallbash:

I'm the only one that's right here saying it's both. Part of the US government and a privately run agency. :D

It's part of the government!! Thank you. Thank you. Yes, it has a small private aspect also, private banks are forced to join it

But you admit the board of governors is part of the federal government at least, yes? :)

Nope.

But please explain what you mean by part of the Fed Gov't.

It's part of the government!! Thank you. Thank you. Yes, it has a small private aspect also, private banks are forced to join it

Nope. The private aspect is the biggest aspect of it.

Edited by Chef Jim

Interesting, how so? What role does the private sector have in decision making and managing?

And what do you mean by private? Like it's a business?

A non-profit yes.

And to your first question because none of their decisions require governmental approval.

Edited by Chef Jim

Finally......................the science IS settled.

Koko, the Gorilla Who Can Talk to Humans, Has Some Important Thoughts On Climate Change

Womans Day‎

Here's my favorite part: "When a gorilla informs you that you are stupid, maybe it's time to listen."

Hey SoProgs, you don't have enough people telling you you're stupid? You need to hear it from a gorilla, too?

Big surprise.