Global warming err Climate change HOAX

And by walking away from an agreement that was never agreed to, will force the rest of the world to come back to the US and negotiate an accord with US in the driver seat.

This is the real reason that everyone is having a hissy fit. They know the US will dictate their own terms.

Oh, the horrors.

Do you think the Trump admin is going to start a climate/clean air/energy discussion?

He thinks coal is set for a comeback that will create jobs.

Derp.

Edited by Benjamin Franklin

• Replies 7.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If this is still part of the Paris agreement , I see where the problem is now.

Developing countries say they need financial and technological help to leapfrog fossil fuels and move straight to renewables.
Currently they have been promised US $100bn (£67bn) a year by 2020 - not as much as many countries would like.
The agreement requires rich nations to maintain a $100bn a year funding pledge beyond 2020, and to use that figure as a "floor" for further support agreed by 2025.

Good job on the Paris accord Trump. It's a win for China the media says, awesome that China paying more and US paying less is a win for China. YAY! I'll take it!

And before ppl start bashing me for being a "denier", humans are contributing to climate change, but it's not something to financially handicap ourselves over via a misguided leftist/progressive scare tactic agenda.

Edited by T-Bomb

If this is still part of the Paris agreement , I see where the problem is now.

Developing countries say they need financial and technological help to leapfrog fossil fuels and move straight to renewables.

Currently they have been promised US $100bn (£67bn) a year by 2020 - not as much as many countries would like.

The agreement requires rich nations to maintain a $100bn a year funding pledge beyond 2020, and to use that figure as a "floor" for further support agreed by 2025.

http://www.bbc.com/news/science-environment-35073297

There's the nucleus of Trump's campaign and his presidency so far, and pretty much the only thing he's consistent on. He has said that he wants to undo most of the US relationships and major legislation that have an economic impact on the economy and re-negotiate them. Trade agreements, Boeing airplanes, nato contributions, ACA, tax code, Paris accord all fall into this category.

Do you think the Trump admin is going to start a climate/clean air/energy discussion?

Derp.

He's also green lighting drilling & pipelines at a high rate to add more gas production and distribution. Guess which energy source is cheaper, more efficient and cleaner?

Which makes the Paris hullaballoo ridiculous. For each American crying about Trump walking away, how many would change their tune if they were told that the cost of compliance would mean doubling their energy bills and reducing the electrical grid reliability?

Derp.

The republican platform released just before the national convention last summer expressly stated that coal is clean energy. I couldn't believe that when I read it. As for job creation potential, I heard a report yesterday that said the number of jobs in alternative energy options is 10x higher than in coal. Not sure how accurate that is so I hope to get a chance to look at that a little deeper. But it's interesting that so many big US industry players, including big oil, seem to agree.

The republican platform released just before the national convention last summer expressly stated that coal is clean energy. I couldn't believe that when I read it. As for job creation potential, I heard a report yesterday that said the number of jobs in alternative energy options is 10x higher than in coal. Not sure how accurate that is so I hope to get a chance to look at that a little deeper. But it's interesting that so many big US industry players, including big oil, seem to agree.

The entire business world agrees, that's why the scaremongering about coal killing the precious environment is purely a political claptrap to the reactionary morons.

He's also green lighting drilling & pipelines at a high rate to add more gas production and distribution. Guess which energy source is cheaper, more efficient and cleaner?

Which makes the Paris hullaballoo ridiculous. For each American crying about Trump walking away, how many would change their tune if they were told that the cost of compliance would mean doubling their energy bills and reducing the electrical grid reliability?

Plenty, even if doubling was really a possibility.

Gas isn't the future. It's transitional. Trump betting anything on coal is absurd.

Nuclear would be fantastic but we seem to be too scared of it here. Renewables are starting to get real.

The entire business world agrees, that's why the scaremongering about coal killing the precious environment is purely a political claptrap to the reactionary morons.

To give equal opportunity to reactionary morons everywhere, Trump thinks there are jobs to be had in coal.

It's almost like companies taking risks at the cutting edge of industry sometimes fail. Who knew?

Do you think renewable energy usage is up or down over the last ten years?

Do you think the technology for reliability and generation is better or worse?

Rhetorical.

Plenty, even if doubling was really a possibility.

Gas isn't the future. It's transitional. Trump betting anything on coal is absurd.

Nuclear would be fantastic but we seem to be too scared of it here. Renewables are starting to get real.

To give equal opportunity to reactionary morons everywhere, Trump thinks there are jobs to be had in coal.

No need to pile on with the others, but calling gas a transitional energy supply when there's a 100-yr supply of it, is shall we say reactionary. And good luck with pushing more nuclear through the gaggle

It's almost like companies taking risks at the cutting edge of industry sometimes fail. Who knew?

Do you think renewable energy usage is up or down over the last ten years?

Do you think the technology for reliability and generation is better or worse?

Rhetorical.

That's like saying that a vespa gets better gas mileage than a Mack truck.

TRUMP: "I was elected to represent the citizens of Pittsburgh, not Paris."

THE FACTS: That may be so, but Allegheny County, which includes Pittsburgh, is not Trump country. It voted overwhelmingly for Hillary Clinton in November, favoring her by a margin of 56 percent to Trump's 40 percent. The city has a climate action plan committing to boost the use of renewable energy. Pittsburgh Mayor Bill Peduto, a Democrat, has been an outspoken supporter of the Paris accord, and tweeted after Trump's announcement that "as the Mayor of Pittsburgh, I can assure you that we will follow the guidelines of the Paris Agreement for our people, our economy & future."

http://fortune.com/2017/06/02/paris-agreement-factchecking-trump/

THE FACTS: That may be so, but Allegheny County, which includes Pittsburgh, is not Trump country. It voted overwhelmingly for Hillary Clinton in November, favoring her by a margin of 56 percent to Trump's 40 percent. The city has a climate action plan committing to boost the use of renewable energy. Pittsburgh Mayor Bill Peduto, a Democrat, has been an outspoken supporter of the Paris accord, and tweeted after Trump's announcement that "as the Mayor of Pittsburgh, I can assure you that we will follow the guidelines of the Paris Agreement for our people, our economy & future."

How many electoral votes does Pittsburgh count for?

How about PA?

No need to pile on with the others, but calling gas a transitional energy supply when there's a 100-yr supply of it, is shall we say reactionary. And good luck with pushing more nuclear through the gaggle

Your 100 may be low, but even if it is, it sure sounds transitional to me.

Nuclear will get pushed if renewables don't take hold (or something as yet unknown knocks them both out). The demand isn't declining.

Edited by Benjamin Franklin

525]TRUMP: "I was elected to represent the citizens of Pittsburgh, not Paris."

525]THE FACTS: That may be so, but Allegheny County, which includes Pittsburgh, is not Trump country. It voted overwhelmingly for Hillary Clinton in November, favoring her by a margin of 56 percent to Trump's 40 percent. The city has a climate action plan committing to boost the use of renewable energy. Pittsburgh Mayor Bill Peduto, a Democrat, has been an outspoken supporter of the Paris accord, and tweeted after Trump's announcement that "as the Mayor of Pittsburgh, I can assure you that we will follow the guidelines of the Paris Agreement for our people, our economy & future."

525]

525]http://fortune.com/2017/06/02/paris-agreement-factchecking-trump/

So they fact checked his Pittsburgh comment? You people have !@#$ing lost it.

And by walking away from an agreement that was never agreed to, will force the rest of the world to come back to the US and negotiate an accord with US in the driver seat.

This is the real reason that everyone is having a hissy fit. They know the US will dictate their own terms.

Oh, the horrors.

They want a global government run by a unelected, faceless elite The fake environmental religion is the tool to implement this scam. No room for nation states or independent individual freedom. People might get all uppity and want a nice life for themselves. That would get in the way of the elite skimming it all.

Edited by Dante

So they fact checked his Pittsburgh comment? You people have !@#$ing lost it.

WHITE HOUSE: The Paris climate accord "would effectively decapitate our coal industry, which now supplies about one-third of our electric power."

THE FACTS: The U.S. coal industry was in decline long before the Paris accord was signed in 2015. The primary cause has been competition from cleaner-burning natural gas, which has been made cheaper and more abundant by hydraulic fracturing. Electric utilities have been replacing coal plants with gas-fired facilities because they are more efficient and less expensive to operate.

They want a global government run by a unelected, faceless elite The fake environmental religion is the tool to implement this scam. No room for nation states or independent individual freedom. People might get all uppity and want a nice life for themselves. That would get in the way of the elite skimming it all.

You don't think Trump who is an elite wants to keep everything for himself?

oh please.

make sure to stock up on Spam

Um, as president you do what you think's best for all Americans. Even those who didn't vote for you. Correct?