Global warming err Climate change HOAX

• Replies 7.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good...................let's see how Mr Mann likes it when his case gets to court............ :)

Appeals Court Rules Climate Scientist Can Pursue Defamation Claims Against Critics

Michael Mann, known for his work on the “hockey stick” analysis of global warming, can proceed with defamation claims against writers who called him the “the Jerry Sandusky of climate science” and characterized his work as fraudulent.

https://www.buzzfeed.com/zoetillman/appeals-court-rules-climate-scientist-can-pursue-defamation?utm_term=.jl7qVWnpJ#.qe73LzJlG

Check out the bizarre statement by the judge in this ruling..........................very illustrative

Judge Vanessa Ruiz wrote for the three-judge appeals panel:

“Tarnishing the personal integrity and reputation of a scientist important to one side may be a tactic to gain advantage in a no-holds-barred debate over global warming. That the challenged statements were made as part of such debate provides important context and requires careful parsing in light of constitutional standards. But if the statements assert or imply false facts that defame the individual, they do not find shelter under the First Amendment simply because they are embedded in a larger policy debate.”

More good news!

The renewable energy future will arrive when installing a new solar panels is cheaper than a comparable investment in coal, natural gas or other options. If you ask the World Economic Forum (WEF), the day has arrived.

Solar and wind is now the same price or cheaper than fossil fuels in more than 30 countries, the WEF reported in December (pdf). As prices for solar and wind power continue their precipitous fall, two-thirds of all nations will reach the point known as “grid parity” within a few years, even without subsidies. “Renewable energy has reached a tipping point,” Michael Drexler, who leads infrastructure and development investing at the WEF, said in a statement. “It is not only a commercially viable option, but an outright compelling investment opportunity with long-term, stable, inflation-protected returns.”

http://qz.com/871907/2016-was-the-year-solar-panels-finally-became-cheaper-than-fossil-fuels-just-wait-for-2017/

Great article. Most of the barriers to further progress are political, surprise surprise. But prices are falling and in the not too distant future solar, wind and other clean energy will be winning the day

No .... but that doesn't stop you because your a liar. Basically you are scum with no ethics.

Solar power is doing great! Those poor slobs in the coal regions that voted for Trump thinking the coal companies will hire them back, Trump played them like he played his students in Trump University

Yeah, lets sink another half billion into that black hole called Solyndra! At least Seagate tok over the building it was in, so the property is mow generating some money again.

Don't need to, solar is doing great! GREAT! How is coal going to do under your Dear Leader? About as well as sh it probably

Don't need to, solar is doing great! GREAT! How is coal going to do under your Dear Leader? About as well as sh it probably

lol most of the people on this forum aren't trump fans.

(i'm really ruining it by pointing this out to you. we should just let you go on and on and on...)

(i'm really ruining it by pointing this out to you. we should just let you go on and on and on...)

Most of the people voted against him, too. So what? He has his hard core supporters here and the rest hate any criticism of him

Most of the people voted against him, too. So what? He has his hard core supporters here and the rest hate any criticism of him

[This is an automated response.]

You're both idiots.

Created by DC Tom-bot, beta version 0.3.

I was trying to go Solar, but after doing research, it turns out that I won't be saving any money at all, AND I had to climb up to the roof to clean the things twice a year.

So I thought... it's not worth the reduced carbon footprint (which turned out to also be null after factoring in panel production), even if I can't rub my environmental smugness in my neighbor's faces.

I was trying to go Solar, but after doing research, it turns out that I won't be saving any money at all, AND I had to climb up to the roof to clean the things twice a year.

So I thought... it's not worth the reduced carbon footprint (which turned out to also be null after factoring in panel production), even if I can't rub my environmental smugness in my neighbor's faces.

Source? I've been telling people for years "What's the carbon footprint of production? Do you even know? I always get a gatoresque "Doesn't matter! Shut up!" answer.

Wife and I just had this discussion again today...I had to explain that, while solar power is cheaper on an operational basis, between installation (including rewiring the entire house) and the fact that we have no practical south-facing installation location mean we'd recoup the the installation costs in about 40 years. Were I building new, I'd plan on solar (and geothermal - turns out Virginia's pretty good for geothermal heating and cooling) from the start. But retrofitting solar to my 70-year old house is prohibitive.

There are like three hardcore supporters here. You're not really getting a rise out of anybody.

Certainly not to this extent:

In my opinion there are only three possible motivations for your content on this board:

1. You actually believe it.....which is incredibly sad but plausible

2. You are a lefty and want to paint a picture of conservatives to make it seem like they believe the crap you spew.....which isn't true and nobody is taking the bait

3. You are simply trolling.....in which case you are having some success

In any of these three scenarios the picture you included with the post I quoted above is incredibly disgusting, beyond anything a normal human being would do and completely inappropriate even in a no holds barred forum such as this. Free speech is a right in this country but people like you can be shunned too. I for one hope that the moderators of this board remove your privileges of posting here because free speech is not a right on this site. I don't think the picture you posted would do anything other than disgust a liberal, conservative or moderate member of this board. I don't think it would advance any of your 3 possible motivations, except possibly #1 and even that is questionable.

I'd call you an idiot but that has been handled and quite frankly I think calling you an idiot would be akin to giving you a promotion from mop bucket intern at the Krusty Krab to the CEO of Google.

GTFO

In my opinion there are only three possible motivations for your content on this board:

1. You actually believe it.....which is incredibly sad but plausible

2. You are a lefty and want to paint a picture of conservatives to make it seem like they believe the crap you spew.....which isn't true and nobody is taking the bait

3. You are simply trolling.....in which case you are having some success

In any of these three scenarios the picture you included with the post I quoted above is incredibly disgusting, beyond anything a normal human being would do and completely inappropriate even in a no holds barred forum such as this. Free speech is a right in this country but people like you can be shunned too. I for one hope that the moderators of this board remove your privileges of posting here because free speech is not a right on this site. I don't think the picture you posted would do anything other than disgust a liberal, conservative or moderate member of this board. I don't think it would advance any of your 3 possible motivations, except possibly #1 and even that is questionable.

I'd call you an idiot but that has been handled and quite frankly I think calling you an idiot would be akin to giving you a promotion from mop bucket intern at the Krusty Krab to the CEO of Google.

GTFO

Gonna Have to agree, that whatever his political slant is, the pic is grossly offensive. Can he not see this?