Global warming err Climate change HOAX

Africa's drought

45 million at risk in Southern Africa's hunger crisis 
Victoria Falls, Zimbabwe (CNN)Torrents of water once thundered over the precipice at Victoria Falls, on the border of Zimbabwe and Zambia, shrouding the area in mist.

But a multi-year drought has slowed large sections of the imposing falls to little more than a weak stream, and the lush vegetation they once nourished is hot and dry.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/12/14/africa/climate-change-southern-africa-intl/index.html

I just hope this is a normal and temporary drought

• Replies 7.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

https://apnews.com/bbdc563ad79a33a42d478633eeab6ca4

We have to make sure that they cannot do that,” she said. “We will make sure they, that we put them against the wall, and that they will have to do their job and to protect our futures.”

The expression “putting someone against the wall” in Swedish describes a situation when someone is forced to address difficult questions or a difficult situation.

But some right-wing voices on social media interpreted her comment as a call for violence against politicians.

Thunberg tweeted that she and the youth movement she inspired is against all forms of violence.

“It goes without saying but I say it anyway,” she wrote.

Greta Von Climateklüsen taking a break from activating, but you know what isn’t taking a break?  Climate!

A couple other thoughts:

Greta has apologized for the “put them against the wall” speech, advising it was a simple misunderstanding as she processed what she wanted to say in her native tongue to English.  Taking her at her word, the real problem isn’t what she said or meant, there are crazies everywhere. What’s the explanation for the non-Swedish activists in the crowd cheering for the lining up of apostates against the wall in the non-Swedish sense? What’s that all about?  

Second thought—a lot of the links to her decision to take a break don’t even cite the apology or the controversy at all. Reuter’s, for example, simply reported it as a tired warrior taking a holiday. I wonder why. 

3 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

... What’s the explanation for the non-Swedish activists in the crowd cheering for the lining up of apostates against the wall in the non-Swedish sense? What’s that all about?  ...

“The main principle of Groupthink is this: The more amiability there is among the members of a policy-making group, the greater the danger that independent thinking will be replaced by Groupthink, which is likely to result in irrational and dehumanizing actions directed at outgroups” -Irving Janis

3 minutes ago, Foxx said:

“The main principle of Groupthink is this: The more amiability there is among the members of a policy-making group, the greater the danger that independent thinking will be replaced by Groupthink, which is likely to result in irrational and dehumanizing actions directed at outgroups” -Irving Janis

Interesting, thanks.  I googled, well duck ducked, Irving Janis to read up a bit. Interestingly, he was a native of Buffalo.  You probably knew that. 

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

Interesting, thanks.  I googled, well duck ducked, Irving Janis to read up a bit. Interestingly, he was a native of Buffalo.  You probably knew that. 

amateur thinker here. have read some of Janis' work.  :thumbsup:

The Business of Climate Change

by Rupert Darwall

Original Article

MADRID: Saving the planet takes money, and lots of it.

Money is both the theme and the subtext of the latest round of UN climate talks being held here—a vast river of cash flows through the UN climate process.

Formally, the meeting is about nailing down one of the more obscure provisions of the Paris Agreement: Article 6, which provides for market-based instruments so that countries can trade their way out of their decarbonization commitments. Billions of cross-border dollars and transaction fees hang on the outcome. With the negotiations concerning mind-paralyzing definitions of interest only to the most intrepid climate geeks, business and finance leaders could wind up taking center stage.

3 hours ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

https://apnews.com/bbdc563ad79a33a42d478633eeab6ca4

We have to make sure that they cannot do that,” she said. “We will make sure they, that we put them against the wall, and that they will have to do their job and to protect our futures.”

The expression “putting someone against the wall” in Swedish describes a situation when someone is forced to address difficult questions or a difficult situation.

But some right-wing voices on social media interpreted her comment as a call for violence against politicians.

Thunberg tweeted that she and the youth movement she inspired is against all forms of violence.

“It goes without saying but I say it anyway,” she wrote.

Greta Von Climateklüsen taking a break from activating, but you know what isn’t taking a break?  Climate!

A couple other thoughts:

Greta has apologized for the “put them against the wall” speech, advising it was a simple misunderstanding as she processed what she wanted to say in her native tongue to English.  Taking her at her word, the real problem isn’t what she said or meant, there are crazies everywhere. What’s the explanation for the non-Swedish activists in the crowd cheering for the lining up of apostates against the wall in the non-Swedish sense? What’s that all about?  

Second thought—a lot of the links to her decision to take a break don’t even cite the apology or the controversy at all. Reuter’s, for example, simply reported it as a tired warrior taking a holiday. I wonder why. 

I think it's cute that people believe that moron writes her own speeches.

As for her "holiday", I don't blame her. It's rough to skip school for a year or so to jot around the world in a fully-stocked yacht, pretending that you're important.

2 hours ago, Foxx said:

yep... everyone wins but unfortunately, we all lose.

participation trophies for all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yet we just reverse the loss by coming to a consensus that we won. Consensus is scientifically-proven fact!

• Like (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, Greybeard said:

I figured a music lover and a Canadian should have no trouble with that.  Thanks for not letting me down.:thumbsup:

canned wheat album?

First track

Burton must have thought he was Jim Morrison with the filler content on early albums, actually Cummings had a better singing voice.

9 minutes ago, B-Man said:

I LOOK FORWARD TO THE UPCOMING PROTESTS BY AOC, GRETA AND JANE FONDA: 

China ramps up coal power in face of emissions efforts. Study shows new plants being added equivalent to entire capacity of EU.

How dare you!

?

but...but...Sleepy Joe said China are our friends.......I'm in a MAJOR conundrum.......

3 hours ago, B-Man said:

I LOOK FORWARD TO THE UPCOMING PROTESTS BY AOC, GRETA AND JANE FONDA: 

China ramps up coal power in face of emissions efforts. Study shows new plants being added equivalent to entire capacity of EU.

How dare you!

?

not even the sound of pretend crickets from them

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, John Adams said:

Imagine if adults apologized when they did things they regretted. Shocking concept. 

Still no understanding of simple issues, eh? Regarding Greta's words about forcing people to stand before a wall, they weren't really her words. The apology then was not her words. They were adults' words hiding behind a teenager. 

BTW, pasting a tweet is not going to make you fit in. Filling the empty chair with something substantive is probably a better approach. 

• Like (+1) 1