Schefter: Bears Could Trade Cutler. Would Ya?

26CornerBlitz

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This is a better plan than signing known d bag Cutler. I would Bradford to an incentive type deal. His injuries and lack of production scare me. But I like him more than Cutler for like $15 million.

In other words, he kind of sucks and he's hurt (seriously) all the time. And he's owed $13 million guaranteed next year. That's why Cutler, even with all the baggage, will still be tradeable. There's just no one else out there who's available and offers the possibility of a significant upgrade. He's never played on a team with a dominant defense. Sometimes that's enough to cause a turnaround -- he plays more conservatively, doesn't try to single-handedly win games, suddenly ... who knows? But as I said, it all depends on what the Bills want to do. If they don't want to compete next year, by all means bring back Orton and EJ. But then you should also trade some other guys for draft picks and reload for 2017-19. I think there's enough talent here to go for it in 2015-16. If it fails, then you rebuild from scratch. Better to be the Cleveland Cavaliers than the Milwaukee Bucks, the Colts rather than the Bills .... 6-10 every year means no chance to get the next LeBron or Luck, ever.

wtf? absolutely not.

I don't like to quote previous posts of mine, but awhile back I posted a statistical analysis painting Cutler as an identical QB to Fitz. The similarities in physical ability coupled with throw accuracy and point production are uncanny. What this team needs more than anything is an everyday QB - an Aaron Rodgers would be ideal for this team (with a re-vamped OL as well, of course).

Cutler wouldn't be an upgrade for this team, but only a lateral move that will postpone and hinder their progression further - we can't afford that, or him for that matter

Prior to this season I would have been on board. What I have seen from the Bears this year terrifies me. There is a lot of talent and the performance has been appalling. It's far worse than what we are experiencing. I know that the options are limited but I'd rather go after Hoyer, Carr, Bradford or Manziel if the Bills go in another direction. It's possible that you could get Manziel or Carr for a 2nd and Hoyer is a FA.

There are some others that could shake free that I would consider as well (Eli, Romo, Foles, Matt Ryan). I think that those are LONG shots but is it wise for teams going nowhere to keep expensive QBs in their 30's (except Foles)?

Edited by Kirby Jackson

Simply that even small steps up at qb could be valuable short term. Cutler isn't great but depending on how this offseason plays out he might be one of the better options

I know we have differed on the Cutler issue in the past and will offer this counter-argument to your point.

Mini-steps may be good in the short term but I am not sure Cutler will get us a materially different outcome on the season. Namely, not sure he can get us to the playoffs. Highly likely that we end up with 7-8 wins this season and in a division dominated by the Pats*, we will need 2-3 more wins to be assured of a playoff spot. Cutler has continually underperformed and been unable to lift his team over its other inadequacies. He will raise hopes in the short term only to end up with bitter disappointment by the end of the season. I want a more permanent solution to the QB void.

Prior to this season Inwould have been on board. What I have seen from the Bears this year terrifies me. There is a lot of talent and the performance has been appalling. It's far worse than what we are experiencing. I know that the options are limited but I'd rather go after Hoyer, Carr, Bradford or Manziel if the Bills go in another direction. It's possible that you could get Manziel or Carr for a 2nd and Hoyer is a FA.

There are some others that could shake free that I would consider as well (Eli, Romo, Foles, Matt Ryan). I think that those are LONG shots but is it wise for teams going nowhere to keep expensive QBs in their 30's (except Foles)?

Why do you think that Carr would be on the market? I would definitely be interested in him. But I just don't see even the mercurial Raiders being foolish enough to prematurely quit on him.

With respect to their desperate qb situation they are obviusly in a bind. It is a mess that they themselves created. Missing on EJ is not simply a singular mistake. It is a mistake that has set this franchise back.

Edited by JohnC

Why do you think that Carr would be on the market? I would definitely be interested in him. But I just don't see even the mercurial Raiders being foolish enough to prematurely quit on him.

With respect to their desperate qb situation they are obviusly in a bind. It is a mess that they themselves created. Missing on EJ is not simply a singular mistake. It is a mistake that has set this franchise back.

There are rumblings that if they land the 1st pick (likely) they may go after Mariota. It would be such a Raiders thing to do but possible.

There are rumblings that if they land the 1st pick (likely) they may go after Mariota. It would be such a Raiders thing to do but possible.

Sounds like a Raiders move all the way. Suppose it depends on the Coach if they do or don't do it but I could certainly see a new coach wanting "his guy".

Oh yeah - Id take him for sure no ifs ands or buts

Attitude , What the trade cost would be , Salary , consistency , OC in B/lo , what makes him any better here than any where else . I think i would rather give Teabow a shot at least you know his attitude would be better !!

Plus Marshal would have to come with him ...

Edited by T master