Schefter: Bears Could Trade Cutler. Would Ya?

26CornerBlitz

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

He's a spoiled baby who throws way too many pics and called out his offensive line. My buddies in Chicago were telling me it's pathetic they wished they still had Orton. No joke and tHey are football junkies as well.

I can't stand him. We have to find one in the draft. The guy we passed on was Alex Smith. That's the last quality QB who was available in free agency. Hoyer has turned out well so far, but was a question mark going into last year. We blew it on Alex Smith.

He's a spoiled baby who throws way too many pics and called out his offensive line. My buddies in Chicago were telling me it's pathetic they wished they still had Orton. No joke and tHey are football junkies as well.

I can't stand him. We have to find one in the draft. The guy we passed on was Alex Smith. That's the last quality QB who was available in free agency. Hoyer has turned out well so far, but was a question mark going into last year. We blew it on Alex Smith.

Alex Smith would have had to agree to be traded to the Bills.

Cutler has too many meltdowns and leadership issues to make his considerable arm talent worthwhile. The fact we passed on him in the 06 draft kinda makes a trade unattractive as well. I mean , we could have drafted Rob Johnson on our own in the fourth round, yet gave a 1st for him three years later. Hate to see that kind of thing for Cutler, who the book is pretty much written on already. Go for a younger guy like a Hoyer, who may hit free agency.

Hoyer is 29. I would prefer Boyer over Cutler regardless.

And I wouldn't want Cutler for anything that would be possible.

I lived in Chicago for 18 years. Most of the Cutler time beside 1.5 seasons. He is terrible as a person, leader and not clutch. He is a man child. The only way I would take him is on a 2 year deal in free agency. That won't happen.

Edited by Manther

Cutler would be a huge upgrade. He was not the one that let Aaron Rodgers throw six first half TD's. Bills would be 8-2 with Cutler at QB.

This is why EJ needs to start the final games. They have to know what to do in the off-season.

Bills have some of the best starting field position in the league, with THE worst red zone offense in the league. The D could make up for smoking J's propensity to throw picks if the offense was otherwise averaging in the neighborhood of 24 pts a game instead of 16.

Leadership and long term stability are another matter. I guess what I'm saying is DOOONNNN'TTTT CAAAARRRREEEE.

@AdamSchefter

Bears could trade Jay Cutler after this season and actually save $12.5 million against their cap. Other teams will have interest in Cutler.

eh, he's no better than Kyle

:thumbsup:

Absolutely I'd take Cutler. Schefter just analyzed the contract: basically $15 -16 million guaranteed for 2015/16. So it's a two-year risk. You've got to look at where the Bills are in the competition cycle: the answer to that is "ready to compete now." By 2017 you can kiss everyone on the DL goodbye, or they'll be so old that you can't count on them to be productive anymore. We already are on the path of mortgaging our future with the Sammy trade. I can't stand Cutler, neither can most fans and a lot of players. But assuming you wouldn't give up much in a trade (you won't, given that contract), I'd pull the trigger now. For those who don't like the idea, one question: who exactly is going to play QB for us the next 2 seasons? A 2nd round draft pick this spring?

Yes. He's exactly the kind of QB you need for a SuperBowl run.

Haha. You're hilarious. And what is this based on?

His superior leadership skills?

His career 59-54 record?

Or his one playoff berth in his career?

He's one of the most overrated players of all time.

A youtube highlight film? Now, I'm sold!!!