Schefter: Bears Could Trade Cutler. Would Ya?

26CornerBlitz

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

hell no

I know what Fred Jackson would think.

I believe he said

"We're going to get one (int.) You know he (Cutler) likes to throw them."

When he was mic'ed up in week 1.

Edited by Why So Serious?

Cutler has too many meltdowns and leadership issues to make his considerable arm talent worthwhile. The fact we passed on him in the 06 draft kinda makes a trade unattractive as well. I mean , we could have drafted Rob Johnson on our own in the fourth round, yet gave a 1st for him three years later. Hate to see that kind of thing for Cutler, who the book is pretty much written on already. Go for a younger guy like a Hoyer, who may hit free agency.

If we don't fix the oline, manning couldn't help us.

Not true, a great QB like Manning can mask Oline issues. The guy has no mobility at all , but gets rid of the ball so fast that he is rarely hit. Our Oline issues are more in run blocking than pass pro. Even the immobile Orton has had plenty of clean pockets. Manning would hit nearly all of the throws KO has missed the past few weeks.

not wins.

If I had Branden Marshall, Alshon Jeffrey, And Matt Forte I'd have career highs in passing stats too.

Look, I'm just playing Devil's advocate here. If we're going to splurge for a patchwork QB (don't think that's the plan), then you want a guy who's a mature, veteran leader. Only one of those three words applies to Jay Cutler.

But if you think Cutler is to blame for them not winning...well, then you'd be wrong. Take it from a Chicagoan....the TEAM is a mess.

Look, I'm just playing Devil's advocate here. If we're going to splurge for a patchwork QB (don't think that's the plan), then you want a guy who's a mature, veteran leader. Only one of those three words applies to Jay Cutler.

But if you think Cutler is to blame for them not winning...well, then you'd be wrong. Take it from a Chicagoan....the TEAM is a mess.

Trestman is Chan Gailey with more weapons.

I disagree with the notion that Cutler isn't a leader. The media has ran with that story, but there's never any substance there.