Is the NFL rigged??

Nasty

I would like to think not...but i wonder???? Hear me out for a minute, all the calls made by the refs are opinionated except for offsides and a clear pass interference in the open field. And think about how much money the NFL makes during the regular seasone not just for the big market teams but for all teams. Look how many teams they show on the TV that everyone sees in "the playoff picture" let's get real the Bills at 5-5 are out, but they will still show them up on the board to keep the die hard fans still involved thinking "we still have a shot" so they keep buying tickets and jersey's, plus the NFL still needs the fans to watch the ads during the games from which the NFL makes so much money from. It wouldn't surprise me if the Bears make the playoff's or start winning games to keep their fans involved because they play in such a big market. The NFL is like the WWE they kind of tell you who to like (i.e. the Patriots can do no wrong with Tom, where ever Payton is will be huge, the Seahawks with the 12th man (whom they stole from Texas A&M) are huge now just because of that) and the refs control the game kind of like the refs in the WWE. Think about when the Bills were superbowl contenders we had fans everywhere but people got tird of them so they moved on. Then I think about the Bills this year, yes their coaching isn't the greatest but think about some of the questionable calls the last two weeks:

1. against the Chiefs 2nd and 10 Complete pass to Hogan short of the first down forced out of bounds and then a late hit with no call. The play right after that two Chiefs jumped in the neutral zone one touches a Bill and they call False start on our right tackle. Now those calls didn't effect the outcome of the game but both could have extended the Bills drive

2. Tonight against the Dolphins, not only did it feel like the Dolphins were going to win from the way they were covered by the NFL network, the intentional grounding was a joke and I am glad Deion said so on the set after the game, but Gilmore made the best play of his career and he gets called for Pass Interference to set up first and goal for the Fins scoring a TD putting the game away.

I hope the NFL isn't rigged but sometimes I think it is putting the small market teams in the back.

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would like to think not...but i wonder???? Hear me out for a minute, all the calls made by the refs are opinionated except for offsides and a clear pass interference in the open field. And think about how much money the NFL makes during the regular seasone not just for the big market teams but for all teams. Look how many teams they show on the TV that everyone sees in "the playoff picture" let's get real the Bills at 5-5 are out, but they will still show them up on the board to keep the die hard fans still involved thinking "we still have a shot" so they keep buying tickets and jersey's, plus the NFL still needs the fans to watch the ads during the games from which the NFL makes so much money from. It wouldn't surprise me if the Bears make the playoff's or start winning games to keep their fans involved because they play in such a big market. The NFL is like the WWE they kind of tell you who to like (i.e. the Patriots can do no wrong with Tom, where ever Payton is will be huge, the Seahawks with the 12th man (whom they stole from Texas A&M) are huge now just because of that) and the refs control the game kind of like the refs in the WWE. Think about when the Bills were superbowl contenders we had fans everywhere but people got tird of them so they moved on. Then I think about the Bills this year, yes their coaching isn't the greatest but think about some of the questionable calls the last two weeks:

1. against the Chiefs 2nd and 10 Complete pass to Hogan short of the first down forced out of bounds and then a late hit with no call. The play right after that two Chiefs jumped in the neutral zone one touches a Bill and they call False start on our right tackle. Now those calls didn't effect the outcome of the game but both could have extended the Bills drive

2. Tonight against the Dolphins, not only did it feel like the Dolphins were going to win from the way they were covered by the NFL network, the intentional grounding was a joke and I am glad Deion said so on the set after the game, but Gilmore made the best play of his career and he gets called for Pass Interference to set up first and goal for the Fins scoring a TD putting the game away.

I hope the NFL isn't rigged but sometimes I think it is putting the small market teams in the back.

No credible football manager has run the team since 1998.

The end.

Yes. I've been getting ready for my first call to the NFL Channell on Siruius tomorrow to vent. I'll keep it as classy as I have to so they won't cut me of but I have several instances of "fixing" that I would like to point out. No doubt in my mind, the refs tonight had an agenda.

wow, my spelling sucked on that one. Learn from me, kids, don't type mad

Yes. I've been getting ready for my first call to the NFL Channell on Siruius tomorrow to vent. I'll keep it as classy as I have to so they won't cut me of but I have several instances of "fixing" that I would like to point out. No doubt in my mind, the refs tonight had an agenda.

don't be that guy.

Bad teams put themselves in bad situations that magnify questionable calls. The Bills are a bad team.

Rigged? Come on now, lol. You think the NFL is going to risk its business worth Billiions to make sure the Bills lose when we are already the most talented team in the NFL at blowing games ourselves?

How does this make any sense? Why would the NFL care to risk everything to make a team no one other than Bills fans care about lose? What does the NFL gain? They also don't care about the Chiefs or Dolphins. They don't bring ratings...so why rig those games? Whats to gain?

To ask if something is rigged, you first need to ask why or what the motive will be. If you can't come up with a logical reason (which there isn't one) then you pretty much got your answer.

Edited by Alphadawg7

Thanks, Dirtbag, you kept me from being "that guy" I just needed one guy to tell me it was a bad idea and you stepped up. now I can concentrate on making football helmets all day tomorrow without distractions

if it's something you feel that strongly about, then by all means do it. just be sure you hang up before they ask you why the nfl would conspire against the bills since there's no reasonable answer.

ABSOLUTELY RIGHT op!! And the mob, bookies, and owners are in on it!! We were 5.5 underdogs. Get the !@#$ out of here with that bull ****. They have two major injuries and we still lose. We bust the dolphins ass in the first game and now we lose by more than 5.5? Complete bull ****!!

It's scripted! Here's two examples! How the !@#$ did the ravens win the year before? Oh cause Ray Lewis was retiring? Here's the REAL one. Katrina hits and the saints win the superbowl!! I don't know when our number will be called again, but it'll be set up for us to win!!

Edited by qdawg in philly

ABSOLUTELY RIGHT op!! And the mob, bookies, and owners are in on it!! We were 5.5 underdogs. Get the !@#$ out of here with that bull ****. They have two major injuries and we still lose. We bust the dolphins ass in the first game and now we lose by more than 5.5? Complete bull ****!!

It's scripted! Here's two examples! How the !@#$ did the ravens win the year before? Oh cause Ray Lewis was retiring? Here's the REAL one. Katrina hits and the saints win the superbowl!! I don't know when our number will be called again, but it'll be set up for us to win!!

I'll bet the NFL made the Bills send Bryce Brown deep at the end of the game too. Is there no limit to their corruption!?!

You forgot the Pats** after 9-11, if anything the fix is in before the season starts, so with a new owner maybe that will help bring the change :)

Here is the thing: if fans are really serious in their crusades against the NFL and its officials, they should compile a dossier of the questionable calls made over the years agains the Bills, noting the officiating crew on hand as well as the critical nature of the calls in question (i.e., how they affected the game). Do this, and then present your results to the league (or a seedy plaintiffs' attorney or media rabble-rouser). Otherwise this is just more hot air. Do the homework and come back to us.

I don't think the game is rigged or part of some conspiracy. But, I do wonder about the state of the rules in the NFL. They decided to emphasize the pass defense rules again last offseason. Why I ask? in 2012/13 the league averaged 22.8/23.4 PPG and 347.2/348.5 yards per game. QBs averaged 235.6 yards per game, this includes everyone! I think the league has gotten to the point with rules where the referees have too big an impact on the game. Just my observation. I know I'm not enjoying watching this stuff, and its not settling down as the season progresses.

I have no doubt there's a lot of bad calls by the officials and the Bills have more than their share of those bad calls go against them. But I don't think there's an organized effort to favor one team over another. Maybe individual officials have some sort of bias but its not institutionalized. Like for example, Coleman's crew always seems to screw the Bills.

Last night the intentional grounding call was weak. But it actually would have worked out to the Bills advantage since they forced a fumble on the free kick and recovered the ball. The offense got 1 first down and then the missed FG. So the score could have been 12-12 or 16-12 in favor of the Bills if they would have actually took advantage of that opportunity. Some would say a 'good' team would have turned that misfortunate call into something positive, a tie or a lead. But they didn't.

The PI call was terrible and I couldn't believe it was called. If that's the criteria for pass interference then I can point out 20 or so plays every game each and every weekend that should be called. What that official 'saw' is unclear and the timing of the call couldn't have been worse for the Bills.

I think the Bills get way too many bad calls when measured against how many of these calls go against their opponents but I've concluded this team loses because they don't take advatage of their opportunities, don't score enough points, don't consistently make the big stop on defense, and make way too many major blunders to be contenders.

Edited by All_Pro_Bills

Rigged? Come on now, lol. You think the NFL is going to risk its business worth Billiions to make sure the Bills lose when we are already the most talented team in the NFL at blowing games ourselves?

How does this make any sense? Why would the NFL care to risk everything to make a team no one other than Bills fans care about lose? What does the NFL gain? They also don't care about the Chiefs or Dolphins. They don't bring ratings...so why rig those games? Whats to gain?

To ask if something is rigged, you first need to ask why or what the motive will be. If you can't come up with a logical reason (which there isn't one) then you pretty much got your answer.

I am not going to go on record just yet saying that it is rigged , although I highly suspect that it is. But if you believe that there is no subtle manipulation, man I have some swampland for you. You ask for a reason, what bigger reason do you need then $$$?

Did anyone notice the ball placement for most of the Bills plays were close to 1 yard short from where forward progression should have been?

His knee was clearly down before the ball crossed the goal line and the PI was GOD awful!!!

Yep, noticed all three. It could very sell be repercussions for the Bills bitching about officiating

in the NE game, same refs.

Edited by Tu-Toned

So to all the people who think the NFL is rigged, even just a little, why do you still watch the games? What's the point of picking a favorite team and cheering for them when you believe the the league is rigged against your team? What's the point in hoping that the league starts rigging games in your team's favor?

Edited by Pondslider

So to all the people who think the NFL is rigged, even just a little, why do you still watch the games? What's the point of picking a favorite team and cheering for them when you believe the the league is rigged against your team? What's the point in hoping that the league starts rigging games in your team's favor?

Not sure if you ever watch WWE, personally not my style, but millions did and do, why? They know

that is rigged to, same thing with dancing with the stars and Idol. You watch for the entertainment

value. Sadly that is all the NFL currently is, entertainment, and somewhat, or maybe even outright

scripted entertainment. Why that is so hard to believe, at least for some of us, really is beyond me.

I think that most people feel it, smell, and are very conscious if it, but just don't want to admit that

this goes on. You know the old adage if it smells like dog crap and tastes like dog crap, then trust

your senses, it is dog crap!

Edited by Tu-Toned

Walt Coleman. That should be all I have to say for anyone paying attention. This guy's crew simply screws the Bills. The bad ball placement, the ridiculous PI, are completely consistent with this referee's behavior, going back to the time when Ralph Wilson tried to get the league not to assign him to any more Bills games. Coleman was the ref for the infamous "Just give it to 'em" game against the Pats, where Bledsoe (yes it goes back this far) led completed a pass at least two yards short of a first down on a critical drive, and they moved the ball ahead so they could win.

Coleman could not be a difference maker if the Bills were a complete team, but they have gaping holes in a couple of spots, and it killed them last night. Wasting this defense (although I think this was Schwartz's weakest game) due to a pop-gun offense behind a rag tag O line, is an insult. Kiss Jerry Hughes goodbye. He can get a boatload of money AND play for a contender next year.

I think you figured it out!

You could poke fun all you want at this theory fluffhead but history has taught when there is big money involved there is usually some corrupt stuff going on behind the scenes. Gambling on the NFL has never been bigger & it is a multi billion dollar business.

http://en.wikipedia....ki/Walt_Coleman

2002 Vikings v. Packers game[edit]

On December 8, 2002 at Lambeau Field in Green Bay, Wisconsin, the Packers came from behind to defeat the Minnesota Vikings, 26-22, in a contest in which the league would later admit that Coleman and his crew made nine officiating errors.[11][12] One of the errors included a 28-yard pass interference penalty that was called on Vikings safety Corey Chavous, which helped the Packers to score their game-winning touchdown.[12] The win helped keep Green Bay in the race for home-field advantage in the playoffs.

How does the NFL justify him keeping his job? They don't have to, he is working out perfectly for them.

Edited by PortlandiaEast

Please, I know that this has been done by fans on this very site. It may not have been presented to the

league, but it has been very well documented in the past. Did you miss the "just give it to them" game?

But you would have to be out of your mind to present this to the league, for obvious reasons.

The last time that evidence was presented to the Leauge, they destroyed it